Chapter Thirty-six

This chapter is dedicated to BezinaAregay. Beziye thanks for all the votes, hun. I really appreciate your support.

***

Once again I have updated two chapters back to back so make sure to read both. :)

I walk down the halls to the exit in a hurry

I walk down the halls to the exit in a hurry. I am supposed to watch the twins tonight, and Liam has offered to babysit with me. Ever since I run into Red and her friend at the pharmacy, I have this overwhelming anxiety growing inside me. When I got back into the car that day, I was determined to ask Liam about Amanda, whoever the hell she was. But when I got inside, he was so playful and happy I couldn't risk ruining his mood with talk of the past. Then I made up my mind to ask him in the morning. When morning came, I found him making my coffee just the way I like it, and he kissed me senseless when I walked into the room. Then I thought to myself maybe I'll ask him later. Then later came, and I couldn't get the words out. That's when I realized I wasn't looking for the right moment. I just didn't want to know at all.

I am terrified that whatever he tells me will be much worse than not knowing. But every time I try to bury the questions, they dig themselves out and come at me stronger. My anxiety is getting stronger by the second. Liam noticed that I was on edge last night, and he asked me what was wrong. But I just brushed it off, and today he kept bringing it up.

I head to the parking lot, lost in my thoughts. When I near Liam's car, I see him and Red standing way too close to each other for my liking, talking. I freeze on the spot. I stand there watching as Red looks around briefly before seemingly wiping her cheeks and running her fingers through her perfect red hair.

I squint my eyes. I can't tell from here if she is crying or if it was just a weird unconscious gesture. I take a calming breath and start walking over, but I halt mid-stride when I see Liam pull her into an embrace. A sharp stinging starts at my chest before spreading throughout my body, and for a horrible second, I think they are going to start kissing right in front of me again. Liam pulls away first, and he puts a hand on her shoulders, telling her something. She nods before wrapping her arms around him once again for a quick hug.

A girl walks by me, giving me a what the fuck? look as I stand there, scorching fury coursing through my veins. When Red walks away, I march over there.

Liam smiles when he sees me, but it instantly disappears when he notices the look on my face.

"What's wrong?" His brows furrow with worry, and he reaches out for me, but I jerk away.

His face falls, and he drops his hand.

"Looks to me like you and Red are still pretty cozy. Tell me, is she the side chick, or am I?"

Liam's eyes widen, and he gasps as if I just kicked him in the gut.

"You're joking, right?" He looks at me with shock and a little bit of anger. "She is a friend, and she is going through something. I was just trying to be there for her. That's all."