2

H a r r y

I sat in the cafeteria with my long-term buddy Jermaine. He was talking about some chick he fucked last night, the usual. While I can't stop myself from thinking about Ruby, the usual. My Ruby. My broken Ruby.

If only I gave her that money, she wouldn't have left. She'd still be here with us. With me. She was all I cared about; I was just trying to help her, to fix her.

I got lost in my thoughts when I heard Jermaine snapping his finger right in front of my face.
"Harry, Harry!" I immediately snapped out, staring blankly at him. "You okay, bro?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I was not. I never will be fine. Never was and never will be fine. Not until I can make sure that she's okay.

"Ruby again, huh?" I kept my mouth shut. "You were in love with her." In love's an understatement. She was my everything.

"Maybe I was, maybe I was not. It doesn't matter now, does it? She's gone, and she took my sanity along with her." I heard him sigh, ignoring my response.

"Dude, hot chick your 2 o'clock" This guy, I swear to God. "Jer-"

"Just do it. You're going to love this one" So I turned around hoping he would shut the fuck up, but then I found the same captivating blue eyes staring back at me.

"Sapphire."

"What did you say?"

"Sapphire. Her name's Sapphire."

--

I walked into my bedroom and laid on my bed. I grabbed the framed picture that stands on my bedside table. Ruby was smiling loosely, and her hair was still naturally brunette. I remember it as it happened yesterday.

"Harry no!"

"Please just once!"

"No! I look awful"

"You're still breathtaking, just like any other day as well."

She smiled. Her smile took my mind away, her smile made me smile. Her smile is addicting, and I found myself falling for her even more.

"Okay. Just this once."

I took my camera out, and point it towards the beauty that stood in front of me.

"Smile!"

I put the frame back to my bedside table, and let out a big sigh. I'm not a crybaby, but I think it will better if I did some time, If I could.

"I'm bored."

"What do you want to do?"

"I need fresh clothes. Can we go shopping, Harry?"

"But we just did yest-"

"-What's the problem with that?"

"Anything for you, princess."

It wasn't the best for her, but I smiled anyway. She could be a bit handful sometimes, but I didn't care. Hell, I'd get her anything in this world if she were willing to come back. I didn't know how long I was staring at the wall, but I suddenly found myself to sleep.

And for the first time instead of the flaming fire, I dreamt about the deep blue ocean.

--

"Get up, dude!" I heard Jermaine as I was staring at the ceiling. I peeked in his direction, earning a very confused look. "Wow, you're up already? Well, this is new." I forced myself to laugh because honestly, he's right. This is new. "Morning, Jer."

"And you're sober! You didn't drink last night?" Huh.

"How'd you know?"

"You don't smell like shit, Styles. I am surprised. Are you telling me you're going to class too?"

"I think I still had an hour to get ready." And I slowly sat on my bed.

"You even remember you have one. Interesting"

"Shut up, Jer."

"Just saying, bro"

I stayed still. And I heard Jermaine cleared his throat.

"Hey um, mind tell me more about that cafeteria girl, what's her name again? Sophie? Sara?"

"It's Sapphire." Sapphire.

"Yeah.." he looked at me confusedly. "Tell me more about her." Not much. I quoted my mind from yesterday. Her skin is delicately white; her long pitch-black hair falls perfectly behind her back; her lips is a bit pale; with her eyes looking very serene.

"I don't have much to say. She asked me where the cafeteria was and I walked her there"

"You helped? You? Harry Styles?" He chuckled and I glared at him immediately.

"Shut up, I was heading the same way."

"Suuure you did. Did you offer her or something?"

"Nah, she aske-"

"She talked to you?!" Sometimes I just wished that he would shut his girly mouth.

"I think she didn't know me. I'm sure by the time she found out about me she'll reg- why are we talking about her?"

"I don't know, you just rambled about her." Did I ramble about her? Seriously? He was the one asking, for God's sake

"I did? Y-You know what, just drop it."

"Chill man, just gets ready, I'll be outside."

I nodded and hopped into the shower. As the water was pouring down, I found myself back to the thoughts of her. Ruby. God, I think I'm losing it. There was not a single day I didn't think of her and how we used to be and how we could be. How I went along with whatever she demanded.

I remember that time when I told her not to wear those heels because I knew she would get drunk that night, but she denied me. I was right, but I still carried her, and her heels after the party. If it were the price to hold her, I'd do it.

I remember when she told me to steal liquors from the market with her. I didn't want to, but I still did because when it comes to Ruby, I gave no fucks. She didn't get caught. I did. I told her to run first. If it were the price to keep her safe, I'd do it.

I remember when she asked me to cover for her when broke into the zoo at 2 in the morning with her other friends to smoke some pots. She got caught and I immediately chase her to the police station. I paid the bail right away because I couldn't imagine the idea of us separated by the cell. If it were the price to always have her by my side, I'd do it.

Then suddenly something hits me, snapping me to another thought. The blue ocean in my dream was the color of her eyes.