15

H a r r y

"Thank you again, Harry. That was lovely." She smiled.
"It's nothing, babe. So, what do you want to do now?" I asked.

"I don't know...talk?"

"Alright then. I know a place you'll love."
I grab her hand again and started to drive.

We stopped at an empty field and got out of the car. I took some spare beer from the back of my car and hand one to her.

"Thanks. Very well prepared." She laughed

"You never know when it comes in handy."

I sat on the car's hood and helped her to follow.

"So... Where are we?" She asked curiously.

"Some old field. This is the place where I go when I need some peace. I figured I wanted to share it with you." She didn't say anything, instead she looked up to the night sky.

"Sapphire. Let's talk. Tell me more."

"What do you want to know about?"

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" I start, and she shot me a smile.

"Not sure about the specific but I do know one thing for sure. I always wanted to sing the songs that I wrote with the piano. On stage, inside the world's famous arenas. You know like MSG, even Walt Disney's and Opera House, something like that. I didn't want the famous part, I just want people to feel what I'm feeling when it comes to music."

"I would love to watch you there on stage, Sapphire. You'd be great. Is that what you've always wanted, even in your childhood?"

"Yes,"

"Tell me more about little Sapphire, then."

"Childhood... Well, mine wasn't that bubbly. My parents are both amazing people, I look up to them. They're doctors actually. Crazy smart people. Ever since I was a kid, they always told me to study. I spent more time with books than I did with my friends. The other girls were busy talking about High School Musical and I was busy trying to figure out how to solve a basic algebra question. When the others were busy with their boyfriends, I was at home, reading some books about human body,"

They wanted me to be like them. They wanted me to be a doctor. I thanked them for keeping my grades good, but I was in agony. I wanted a normal childhood. I wanted playgrounds, not extra classes. The only thing that kept me sane was my music. I sang and played the piano whenever I feel down and it just took my sorrow away. Music has always been my painkiller."

I was fine with all that because I thought they knew what's best for me. Until one day they banned my music from me harshly because they said it was a distraction for me. That was when I lost it. They encourage me to be like what they wanted, and pulled me away from what I wanted."

I was angry. I was mad. I was furious. I decided to for once did what's best for me. I applied for the music scholarship here and got in. I explained to them nicely, but they refused to listen. So I ran away."

We were both silent. This girl was dead. This girl never was alive until few months ago. She just came to life the first time I saw her.

"That's why you're now working at the old bookshop and sing part time at the bar, huh?" I asked and she nods. "I think you're fucking brave and awesome. You probably had wealthy parents, right? I mean, they're doctors. You could still live easily with their money, but you chose your passion. And I think that's rare nowadays. Plus, you're beautiful."

"Thank you, Harry. Thank you." She smiled and then took my hand, holding it with her both hands while looking up. She was looking at the stars. "No wonders you go here everytime you need some peace. You get to look at the stars, they're beautiful."

Fuck. I was staring at her while she was looking at the stars. She was lost in its beauty when I was lost in hers. She looked at the stars the way I was looking at her, thinking how timeless her beauty is.

"Star-crossed lovers," I start, making her turned her attention to me.

"From forth the fatal loins of these two foes, a pair of star-crossed lovers take their life." I continue. "Romeo and Juliet. Painful, huh?" I looked back into her eyes, she was looking at me with awe.

"Star-crossed lovers?"

"Star-crossed lovers are two people who are desperately in love for each other but because of their circumstances, can't be together. 'Thwarted by a malign star' they said, meaning that the stars are against their relationship."

"So they were separated by the stars?"

"That's what they said. At least they loved each other, you know." Not like Ruby.

"I don't want to agree with that," She finally decided to respond me with a surprise. Girls aren't supposed to disagree with Romeo And Juliet, right? They were supposed to crave for a love like theirs, a love that's to die for?

"Well this one's new, care to explain?"

"If I love someone and he loves me, I wouldn't depend our fate on the stars." Way to start an explanation, Sapphire. "If we were in love, I would do anything it takes to be with him, because I know that he would do the same. Hell, I would burn the stars to be with him. I wouldn't depend our fate on anything, especially when they're trying to seperate us. Not even the Gods above."

This girl never ceased to amaze me I was starting to think that she captivated me. Like I thought before, this girl is going to be the death of me. I did nothing because I was blinded by the words said by this beauty, so the only thing I could was this. Admiring her. I guess she understood that, so she looked back to the sky with a huge smile plastered on her flawless face, still holding my hand.

"So beautiful." She said, looking at the stars.

"I know." I said, looking at her.

-

GUYS?! 1000 readers in 8 days? ! Are you guys even real? Thank you thank you thank you so so so much. This is our first story, it really means a lot to us. Please keep reading & voting, tell us what you think! T H A N K Y O U