21

H a r r y

I woke up early, unlike some days. I turned to the side to see her.

She was still there.

I walked back to the bedroom with the tray in my hand and put it on the bedside table. My lips made a contact with her forehead and let it travel all over her face. "Baby..." I mumbled against her skin.

"Hmm.." She mumbled keeping her eyes shut.

"Wake up, please?" I let my lips linger on her face. She finally opened her eyes and smiled.

"What time is it?" she softly groaned.

"5.37 AM, baby. I'm sorry,"

"Oh, you're early? I'm up, I'm up." She blinked a couple times.

"I want to take you out."

"Okay, where are we going?" She was blinking a couple times, still adjusting her vision.

"We're going to drive all the way to San Francisco and do stupid cheesy things together. We're going to hold hands like small kids in kindergarten, kiss for every traffic light we pass, make stops on your desired places. Doing whatever you want to do. And at night, I want to take you to a carnival." I smiled, proud of my plan.

"San Francisco? Harry I've always wanted to go there! Are you serious? When did you plan all this? Oh my goodness," Her eyes finally lit up in excitement and I was already thrilled by that.

"You do? It's good, then. Just last night, actually. I've always wanted to go there too," Ruby laughed when I asked her to go there "Could you be more boring?" She said. Maybe Sapphire was right. Ruby was just using me. "I like San Francisco and I like you, so why not? You're in, right?"

"Harry I would love to go to San Francisco with you. Oh my God you're the best ever!"

"Now, where's my morning kiss?"

-

We hopped inside the car and I turned the radio on. I grabbed her hand in mine, kissed it and began to drive.

"Where do you want to go first, baby?"

"I'm not so sure. We just ate so nothing for now. Just keep driving." She smiled

"Alright."

She was staring on the road as we started to enter the highway. I could see her wondering eyes through the window, and I smiled.

I took her hand in mine; it was already a habit. My left hand on the steering wheel, my right hand would either hold her hand or pull her to lean into my shoulder. It's our thing. I love knowing how constant contact's no longer something only I craved for. It was also something she craved for too.

"Harry, let's play a game." She suddenly said out of the blue.

"I'm driving, but what is it, baby?"

"I'll turn on the radio, and the first song that appears would be our song." Interesting.

"We're on the highway, baby. The signal's pretty shitty. And what if it'd be a weird song?" Girls and their highly romantic expectations. I knew it'd be ridiculous, but I'd be ridiculous with her.

"Then it's ours." She smiled, squeezing my hand. Scratch that, I like her being ridiculous. She started searching for some clear channel, and finally a soft intro was playing. "I told you so," She said as I let out a soft laugh. I pulled her head to my shoulders and kissed the top of her head.

Long drive, long night,
The best night of my life,
With you riding, your hand on my hand.
The thought of arriving kind of feels like dying.
I don't want to go home and be alone.