26

H a r r y

I couldn't help it. I wasn't going through this kind of shit anymore. I didn't want this to end up like Ruby and Will did, I had enough bastards ruining my happiness, taking away what was mine.

"What the fuck was that?!" I screamed when we almost got to the car.

"It was nothing, I can ex-"

"Oh, please do explain, and it's better be good."

"Okay. Kyle is Mr. Handersen's grandson, I didn't know anything, I swear! I was busy with the new stacks and suddenly he just appeared-" Fuck. They were going to see each other every fucking day.

"So you just decided to sit on the corner of the bookshop with him?" The image was still clear on my mind.

"Well what else could I do? I didn't-"

"What else could you do? Are you serious?"

"Harry, he wasn't all bad. Give him a chance," Did she just..

"Sapphire, he just screamed that he'll fucking text you back there, and I was beside you. What would he do if I'm not around?"

"You're overthinking." That was because I don't want to lose you.

"I just found you sitting on the corner with him, and you two were alone in that fucking bookshop, and I'm overthinking? God's sake, he even asked your number in front of me which you gave just like th-"

"You're not going to lose me, Harry." Fuck, she was reading my mind.

"Look, I know but it's ju-"

"I won't leave you. I promise. I-I'm not like her," Her voice broke at the end. Nice one, you made her think that you were comparing her to you fucking past non-existent lover.

"Sapphire,"

"He's just some Kyle. You're my Harry." With that, my gaze softened right away. I was hers. She admitted herself. Wasn't that enough?

"Holy shit, you're good at this."

"I'm dead serious about this, Harry. I know what you're thinking and I don't like it. You and I both know how much you mean to me. I won't leave you just like that. Ever."

"Baby,"

"Stay at mine tonight?" She asked but the look in her eyes was pleading. Of course I'd say yes. Whatever happened, she would always be with me for the night. "Just say yes and give me a hug, please. I'm sorry." Fuck.

I pulled her to my embrace right away, and kissed the top of her head. "You're anything but her, Sapphire." We stayed like that for a moment; my hand was on her back will the other stroking her head. "I'm sorry too," Then I loosened my grip, my hands are now stroking her delicate cheek. "I'm so sorry I exploded again. Let's get us home, yeah?"

-

"What are you thinking right now?" She broke the silence. We were lying on her bed, her head resting on my chest as I stroked her hair again and again.

"Nothing," I sighed, and she just nodded for an answer. Oh screw it, "So you're going to see him everyday?"

"I think so," She said quietly. "Only at shifts, though. I won't see him all the time."

"Yeah, and I don't allow you to see him all the time." And she shifted her position to my level.

"Well I don't want to see him all the time also," and we were silent. I didn't like the fact that someone else got to spend time with her when I wouldn't be around her. Especially when that someone is Kyle. It was too obvious that he liked her. I saw it in his eyes. He looked at her the way that I would.