50

H a r r y

2.07 AM

Something about us didn't feel right. We weren't right. The hair I ran my fingers through was not brown, it was red. The eyes I stared deep into were not bright blue, it was hazel. The skin I let my lips linger on was not the pale white I was crazy about, it was slightly tanned.

She was not Sapphire, she was Ruby. And it just did not feel right. I thought this was what I wanted, to be with Ruby. I've been waiting for her return for so long, and now she's here and I have her, but I just realized that we weren't for each other. I was meant for Sapphire.

This was just some leftover thought I had about Ruby.

I missed the way she smiled shyly when I complimented her. I missed her excitement over practically everything. I missed the innocence and pureness. I missed waking up to her, her bare face was the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed in my whole life. I missed our banters. My jealousy was the cause of most of them, but I still loved every single one of them, no matter how ugly it might get.

I missed her. I missed the one I truly loved. I missed the one who truly loved me. The one who stayed.

Sapphire.

"Ruby...." I muttered. I needed to be away from her. I did not hate her, but I just could not be with her. She was the wild I've failed and never will succeed to tame. She was Ruby and I was for Sapphire.

"What?"

"Can we.. Can we u-um, talk?" Fuck, she would be pissed.

She faced me and I took a deep breath in.

"I- I can't do this."

"You can't do what?" She looked at me confusedly.

"Us. This isn't working." She opened her mouth when I cut her. "You have a daughter, Ruby. No matter how hard it is for you now, she's still yours. You had a choice for the 9 months and you chose to keep her. And I had a choice those not long ago. And we both took the wrong pick."

"If we keep this going.. You'll be neglecting your daughter. And I can't do that. I can't imagine having my own mother to leave me that early. She... she's innocent. And as for me. I- I'm still in love with Sapphire."

"What?" She screamed.

"No you don't. You love me." Her voice was loud and clear. She was shoving it back to my mind.

"Were you really though? Or was it for something else?"

"Of course I do."

"Fine. What's my favorite color?"

"Red. Because that's the color of my hair. And you love my hair. And me."

"You see that? Everything about us always comes back to you. It has always been you, you and you again."

"Because that's the fact, Harry. Everything about you is attracted to me. That's what you said before I left."

"Exactly. Facts change, and it's not you that I love anymore. Ruby you live in my past. I'm not saying you should be gone completely. It's just. You belong to my past and Sapphire... she's my present and future"

She stayed silent and started to smile naughtily. She strolled over to me and sat her self on my lap. She tugged my hair and kissed my neck.

"Harry. You know you love me." She mumbled against my skin as her lips continued its exploring.

She didn't get to do this. I was done with this. With her. I was done falling in to her sensual, teasing tricks.

"Not anymore." My voice was stern. I loved Sapphire.

"Bullshit." Her lips went out to my jaw to the corner of my lips, her hand tugging at the hem on my shirt and I stopped her before she reached my lips.

"Get out." I said suddenly, making her to pull away.

"What the fuck?"

"Get out, Ruby. This time, I'm the one who want you to leave." I stood up and point the door.

"Y-you can't-"

"Get. Out." I sharpened my gaze.

"You wouldn't dare." She stood up walking closer to me.

"Try me." I challenged. Damn, this girl was really thought the whole world was in love with her. "You mean nothing to me, Ruby. You're just lost, and now you need to go back to the reason why you left at the first place. Go back to your family, wherever the hell they are now. Take some responsibility, Ruby. Don't just depend on me."

"Did you just say that?" She pushed my chest but it stayed still.

"You know what? This whole time you've been fooling me, making me believe at the whole idea that I couldn't live without you, that we could go back to the life we had because it was just right. But the truth is, you're the one-"

"Stop."

"Who can't live without me. Your life is in my hands, that's why you're like begging to love you. You need my love, and my money, and my time-"

"Shut up." She shook her head.

"I don't need you. I don't love you. You're the one who's lost. You're the one who's homeless because you can't find love anywhere, you don't even have any home. Fix yourself, Ruby."

"You're wrong!" She screamed, throwing something at me but she missed. "Y-you're wrong! You love me. I am your whole world. You're wrong!"

"You mean nothing to me."

"No!" She screamed, shutting her ears.

"I love Sapphire. She's my wo- she's my fucking universe. You, you're just Ruby and you're a closed book. I'm fucking done with you." I kept my eyes locked at hers, breaking her by my every word.

"You know what?" She ran to me, and slapped me hard on my right cheek. Damn, guess I really deserved this much. "Fuck you!"

"Fuck. You." She slapped me and walked out, slamming the door.

Finally, she left.

She left, and this time I was fucking happy with the fact.

-