12

H a r r y

"So, about boyfriends. Tell me more. How many boyfriends have you had?" I asked. Way to creep her out, Styles. Go on.

"Three actually. None ended well, though." She said in disgust.

Three? "What happened?"

"I always caught them cheating. It was hard, but I can't really control all the bad and good things in life, can I? I just need to go along with whatever was there." She smiled. I stared at the beauty sat beside of me. She was intelligent, wise. She was surreal.

"I was never the dateable one, not really the type most guys would go for. I'm a goody-two-shoe and apparently none really likes my kind. I'm not adventurous enough for them. But I don't know, I just can't let myself change into someone I am not. I want someone who'd truly like me for me. There must be a reason why I exist as me, and not someone else." She was probably the only original one, I knew. I continued to stare at her. I was truly amazed by her. Who'd really put this girl in to waste? She was perfect.

She wasn't adventurous, but she was the adventure itself.

I scooted closer to her and she looked down shyly. "Well, I think those guys are fucking stupid." I whispered and she shot me that smile. You know, the smile I could never get used to, the one that got more and more addicting every time she shot one.

"It happens 3 times already. I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm the one with issues this time."

"No, seriously. You're too good for them. Or anyone." Even me.

Knowing that she was in fact blaming herself for her past lovers' fault was fucking irritating. It was not her fault that she dated assholes. "You could do so much better," I added.

"Thank you. You were probably lying about it but still, thanks. That actually made me feel a bit better." Her smile was beautiful. It was not forced. Everything about this girl is real and sincere.

"So?" She interrupted my thoughts.

"What?"

"Your turn! Tell me about yours!" She said, her eyes sparkled with excitement.

Shit. Ruby. I forgot about her.

Should I tell her? I knew she'd ask me back but was I ready to tell her? Her eyes lit down immediately when she realized what my reaction was.

"Or not. That's completely fine. I don't want to push you into doing things you-"

Fuck it.

"-She left me" I said out of nowhere.

"What?"

"Ruby. She left me." We were silent for a moment until I broke the silence. "It was hard for me. I never expect anyone, especially her to leave so soon. I could not stop myself from thinking about those memories I had with her." I sobbed at the thought of Ruby.

Ruby was everything I wanted. Was.

"Harry..." She said softly. Her voice was full of sadness and pity. Her voice was soft and calming.

"She was all I care about and I was probably in love with her, I was mad about her. She was everything to me. And one day she just left like that." My voice was shaking at the end, making Sapphire flinched and slowly patting my shoulder. Just hold me, dammit.

"Hey-"

"I just don't get it. I gave her everything. I gave her attention and affection, my heart and fortune. I'd give everything she asked for. I thought we were real, but I guess I was wrong. She just left like that, She was like gold to me, but I didn't worth a penny to her."