48

H a r r y

I needed to see her. I needed to know how she was. I needed to know she was still there. I didn't spend more time thinking about the risks I might have to go through after this. All I cared about was to see her, regardless the situation and the risks.

I opened the door to be greeted by the same long dark brown locks I loved.

"Welcome to Handersen's how ma-" She looked up, and we both froze. Her blue ones still captivated me. What was I supposed to say? Baby, I love you please come back?

"H-hi, Sapphire. Look, I-"

"How may I help you?" She ignored what I had to say and went straight to her questions. It hurt me.

"I-I don't know." I stuttered.

"Then how may I help you?" She said harshly, her eyes were filled with nothing but pain.

"No, actually I uhh, I was just looking for some nice poetry books," I gulped. Fuck that, I only came to see you. "Yeah. New poetry books." I assured myself. "You know, the same kind of books when I first got here and you showed me-"

"Come with me, please." Fuck. She walked to the same isle where she handed me the three books just months ago. Those were my favourites by now. Not only because they were all beautiful, but also because it brought us together.

The last time I came here for the same reason, I hated her. And now here I am, dying to get in contact even in the smallest type of way. I didn't even need the books. I wanted her. I needed her. She was the only one I needed, she was my Juliet. She was my Rose. She was my Cinderella. She was mine.

"These just came in yesterday." She handed me a different book and I zoned out.

"What's this?" She took out a book off the small compartment in front of her. "Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear." She read out.

"Ah, Jane Eyre. Charlotte Brontë. Do you like it?"

"I do," She smiled. "Do you think it's possible to love someone that much?"

"Actually, I think it is. I think when you truly love some one, you just wouldn't care. You won't need any buts and maybes. Even walking through hell would feel like heaven as long as they're beside you. You'd be willing to risk everything just to have them with you. You'd sacrifice without suffering. It doesn't make any sense, but that's just love." I smiled at the thought.

"Wow, that one's heavy." Suddenly, the look in her eyes tuned into something different as she stared deeply in to mine. The look that sent chills down my spine. "Do you think, umm," She was trying to find the right words, as I stepped closer. "Do you think you would ever feel that way?"

I pulled her hand up to my lips and kissed them. "I'm starting to."

"Harry?" I was cut when she called my name. I stared at her and I realized that it had been a long time since I heard Sapphire saying my name, and I missed her even more.

I missed her so much I just want to hear her saying my name over and over again.

"Harry." She said again.

"Sapphire, sorry, I was-"

"This just came in yesterday." She repeated and her short replies were killing me. I wasn't used with this side of Sapphire and it killed me even more that I made her like this.

"W-what's this about?" I asked and she raised her eyebrows. It's about poems, idiot. "I mean- I mean is it like modern or classic or specific writers... yeah," I rambled.