Epilogue

Life is different now. I am not who I was. A fool, way too lost and confused on life that I did not even realize how I was pushing everyone around me away. Until she came. She stayed and fixed me when everyone else was just too tired of me.

And I was glad that out of everyone who tried, I chose to let her in.

She wasn't perfect, though. She was a little bit broken too. But I guess that's just what makes us good together. We're just like a puzzle. She was a lost piece and I was some puzzle that needed to be solved. She came, and completed me.

I excused myself to the men's room after dinner, so she was out there waiting for me to come back. I couldn't just do it spontaneously, I needed a moment to remind myself how deeply in love I was with her, and what I was about to do would change us forever.

So here I was standing in front of the mirror, eyeing this shimmering sapphire ring I was playing with my fingers. The ring looked just like her, glowing and shimmering yet so pure and serene. I love her with all my heart. I love every bit of her. We've gone through everything together, and I can't imagine living my future days without her.

Not only that, but I was forever thankful that she made me forgive myself and I loved myself for loving her. As if like she was my sunshine and I was the sky for I was brighter when I'm with her, the birds that refused to sing before the dawn, and flowers who wouldn't blossom without her rays. I wouldn't be me if I was with someone else and I believe with everything that I was made for loving her. She was my every reason.

She is not a constant star.

She is not just a moving part.

Her love is real.

I couldn't wait to see how her beautiful face would react when I got down on my knees for her pulling out this ring as I hold her hand, my mouth saying vows of how I could only see eternity with her. I couldn't until she said 'yes', I couldn't wait to see how this ring would look perfect on her tonight because of her long white dress and her hair pushed down to the side like that and the ring would glow and spark, matching her eyes. Last, I couldn't wait to kiss her senseless.

With that, I took a deep breath and walked out.

This is it.

***

Gaby Eliora, Keren Priscilla, Graciela Sere, Jessica Evania