4

S a p p h i r e

I met him yesterday. Mr. Green Orbs.

He was dressed in another black t-shirt paired with black jeans and some brown boots. He entered Handersen's- the old bookstore where I work part-timely at. He said he was looking for poetry books. I would never have thought he was in any way the kind who reads poetry. You know, with his piercing green eyes where I got the nickname from, and his cold attitude, the way he dresses, and why on earth am I thinking about him this way?

I remembered the way he traces his fingers along with the books. He was wondering, he was clueless. I suggested some of my favorite books, and he went along with it. Morning by Frank O'Hara.

"Wait, um, do you want to read it for me? If you want to,"

"I mean it's a favorite, you should introduce it."

It's a beautiful, sad one. I never was a fan of separations nor letting go, but O'Hara succeeded in making catastrophe to such philanthropy.

He walked to the front table and asked me to read. I was pretty startled at first, but it was what I sort of suggested him to get so it would only be fair for me to show him why.

I was nervous. I sneaked some glances at Harry when I read the poem and he looked like he was denying to relate to it. I wonder why.

I read it slowly and looked at him every time I finished the sentence. His green eyes were staring at me intensely. He was silent, the whole bookstore was silent. The only noise made was the beautiful poetry that fell from my lips. And for once, I felt different. It was as if everything else faded away, there were just two different souls, communicating through Frank O'Hara.

After I finished reading, he kept his gaze and stared at my eyes. My blue ones were locked with his green ones.

"That would be 37.6 dollars, please," I said, breaking the silence. I broke the beautiful bond. He paid and we said our goodbyes.

"Do you have any favorite, Harry?" I couldn't help to ask. I was curious. I mean, he's Harry Styles.

"Did I just saw you walking here with Harry Styles?" Andrina, my older by one year best friend asked me. She was the reason I'm here in the first place. She wanted me to look at the I'll spend the next 4 years with. We've planned it together

" He is Harry. I don't know he was a Styles." I said, patting the back of my neck.

"Well, he is. Just, stay away from him." She moved her gaze to Harry. "He's a mystery and he's not meant to be solved. Rumor has it he's kind of unapproachable? It's a pity, though, he's hot." She rambled on about Harry.

"So Sapphire, anyways..." She continued talking about her plans for me, but I couldn't listen. My eyes were still traveling Harry, with this one guy whom I thought is pretty close to him. Suddenly, he snapped his head in my direction, aware that I'm staring. I like his green orbs eyes.

My thoughts were cut off when he shot me with the look in his eyes as if I asked something forbidden. Shit, maybe it was?

"The storms of ruthless dispensation Have struck my flowery garland numb, I live in lonely desolation And wonder when my end will come." He hummed slowly, but I could still hear him. It was too broken to be a favorite. It's pathetic, why was it his favorite? Was he as broken as the poem?

"See you around, Sapphire," Harry said as making his way out.

Harry Styles is a mystery and I volunteer to unravel him, even if it would feel like infinity.

-- -- --

H a r r y

I woke up this morning freshly. I had no idea where Jermaine was. Maybe he fell asleep after he fucked some other chick last night. He asked me to join, but I passed. I'd rather be wasted on my own with Ruby on my mind. Fuck, where the fuck was my car key? Get your shit together, Styles. I threw everything on my drawer to the side, frustrated already. Instead of my car keys, I found something interesting. Shakespeare's Sonnet 8 book. I picked it up, turned out that my car key was below it. I put my key into my pocket and stared at the book, longer than necessary.

It's been 5 months since I last saw her. Sapphire. It was as if I was not staring at the book anymore, but her ocean blue eyes. I remember when she read her favorite poem, how the melody came out beautifully from her pale lips.

Suddenly, I found myself trying to deny the fact that I was secretly regretting my wish, the one that spoke of not seeing her ever again.

-

First day of a new semester. I saw some of the new students with, some parents, with their fucking exciting feeling from the idea of a fresh new start. Bullshit, half of them went here so they don't have to live under the same roof with their parents anymore. The others probably change the way they look from high school because they're scared to be losers again. Which won't be necessary because they're still losers.

As if for me, I went here because I didn't have anything left at home. I had my parents, but they were probably sick of me already. Ruby was gone, so I had no reason to stay. Unless she'd come back to me.

We were asked to gather in the campus' hall. They were going to welcome the new students with their so-called special way.

I sat with Jermaine and eyed the new students. None of them were interesting. None of them speaks Ruby. None could possibly replace her. Not like I expected such a thing because Ruby was something else, and it will remain that way.

After the welcoming ceremony, people stood up right away and fought to be out first. The hall was crowded, it was anything but comfortable. As I scanned my way to the exit, I saw her.

There she was. Standing there straight, smiling at a blondie next to her. No, no no. this wasn't real. She couldn't be here. Not that dark strands of hair falling perfectly behind her. Not those innocent lips with their beautiful melody. And her eyes. God, her eyes.

How did I expect myself to only think about Ruby if I was going to see features like that more often? I couldn't have anymore person having that effect on me. Only Ruby had that and I only want her to have it. So I immediately took another way to get out of the crowd. I couldn't let myself staring at her longer.

Sapphire, what have you done to me?

-

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote! Updates will be posted soon x