28

S a p p h i r e

Andrina was sitting on the couch watching TV, and she cleared her throat when she saw us at the door. It was awkward and I could feel the tension between her and Harry. So I closed the door again, making Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Why did you close the door?" He asked.

"I heard your little argument with Andrina back then. That's why I wanted to stay at yours. I didn't like how she talked to you."

"W-what? You heard all of it?"

"Kind of. I'm sorry, you weren't holding me anymore and I wanted to look for you, and when I was about to open the door, you guys were yelling."

"Shit, I'm so sorry for yelling at your best friend, I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine. She deserved it."

"I ruined your friendship didn't I?" He looked down, tugging at his shirt.

"You didn't, Harry. It's fine. We'll fix it." I hugged him, hiding my face at the crook at his neck and he gently rubbed my back.

"Tell you what. You go fix things with Andrina, yeah? I don't want to ruin things between you two. I'll deal with her later, but don't let our tension effects your friendship. I understand that she did it because she cared about you. I'd do the same." See why I was completely falling for him? This was the side that people don't get to see from Harry. I loosen my grip, pouting.

"So you're not staying?"

"Oh baby," He chuckled then kissed my cheek, pulling me back to his tight grip. "I wanted to, trust me. It's the right thing to do, don't you think? You live with her, it'll make things even more complicated."

"I hate it that you're right." He let out a little laugh, messing my hair. "But you'll be here right away tomorrow, right?"

"Baby, I'll be the first one you see when you wake up. Don't lock your door, okay?" Then he kissed the top of my head. "Come here, give me a kiss." I giggled, pecking his lips. "More." Kiss. "More." Kiss. "Okay, now go before I keep you here all night. Bye, baby."

"Bye, Harry." I opened the door, shooting him one last smile.

Andrina was still at the same position and the same look on her face. Shit, I wasn't ready for this.

"Done with lover boy?" She suddenly greeted.

"Hi to you too, Andrina."

"Oh, you remember my name? It's been a long time."

"Will you just stop?" I yelled. I was never like this, especially to her. She was like a sister to me and avoiding her literally killed me. "He was the one who made me to talk to you. I wanted him to stay with me, instead he said that he didn't want to ruin our precious friendship, so you better shut up."

Her gaze softened and she let out a big sigh, something was coming. "Look, Sapphire," There it was. "I'm sorry."

"Go on," I said, walking to the couch.

"I'm sorry if I said those things to him while I didn't know anything about him. But that was the reason, I didn't know who he was, so I was afraid that you'd get hurt again."

"But it wasn't your choice to make, Andrina. Thank you that you felt that way, but I had to give him a chance. I had to give myself a chance." I scooted over, touching her shoulder. I miss my best friend.

"I know. I understand it now. Forgive me, Saph?"

"Apology accepted. I miss you these past few days," I smiled sadly and she pulled me into a hug. "But you have to say sorry to him also, Andrina. You hurt him too."