44

H a r r y

"The Shattuck Plaza? Why are we here?" I asked coldly when I parked the car.

"I don't know, honestly. I just want to wear this fancy dress I got-"

"You used my credit card for that?!" I shrieked. She was unbelievable in every negative ways.

"D'uh? And it's been a long time since I had some fancy dinner. You only ordered me Chinese takeouts and pizza since I got here. The lady needs some treat." I groaned and I just walked out from my car, leaving her screaming for me to wait because she didn't want to break her damn new heels.

She clinged her arms to mine as we walked in to the restaurant as we the waitress greeted us. "Good night sir, welcome to Shattaucks' Juannè, please wait to be seated."

"Wait? How long? I'm dying over here!" Ruby complained and everyone around looked at her, us, because of her tacky attitude. "What's happening?"

"We're sorry, ma'am. We're having Fairmont's Opening Event for tonight, but we could still find you a table, just for a while." Fairmont? Familiar. I was just started thinking where did I hear the word but the waitress cut us. "It's there, please follow us."

Ruby ordered quickly after we seated. Shit, was she trying to embarrass me? I kept sighing and rolling my eyes and played whatever the hell was on my phone until I realized I still had Sapphire as my lock screen. She was sleeping, and I smiled just like I did when I took this photo. I remember how I could never get used to this sight of her, now I found myself missing it.

"Oh my gosh, Harry!" She interrupted me.

"What the fuck now?!" I outcried.

"Chill, tiger. There, your fragile lady friend." She smirked, her eyes on the stage.

Fuck.

Sapphire. Again.

She was there walking to the piano with her long white dress on. Fuck, she was beautiful. "Oh God," I whispered, shifting all my attention to her.

"Good night, ladies and gentleman. I'm Sapphira Mayfair" She started. Oh how I miss her gentle voice serenading me. "First of all, I just want to thank Mr. Farrow and Fairmont for this wonderful night and for giving me this huge opportunity." Fairmont. "This is my first night performing for this company, and I hope you would like it. Enjoy dinner," She let out a nervous laugh and I rolled my eyes when I heard Ruby chuckled.

"Shut the fuck up." I hissed. The food came and Ruby started eating, but I just couldn't land my eyes off Sapphire.

"If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you
I think I might give up everything, just ask me to
Pay attention, I hope that you listen cause I let my guard down
Right now I'm completely defenseless"

She started and I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"I've got scars, even though they can't always be seen
And pain gets hard, but now you're here and I don't feel a thing
Pay attention, I hope that you listen cause I let my guard down

Right now I'm completely defenseless"

I could tell the way she felt just by hearing her voice. She was far from happy. She was in pain. Her voice cracked on some lines. It was as if she was talking directly to me. She looked like that night I decided to leave her.

"...I can feel your heart inside of mine

I've been going out of my mind

Know that I'm just wasting time

And I hope that you don't run from me"

She looked down and back up on the last line. I was quite far from her but I could see the small tears running down her cheeks. It was about me. I caused that.

"For your eyes only, I show you my heart
For when you're lonely and forget who you are
I'm missing half of me when we're apart
Now you know me, for your eyes only
For your eyes only, I show you my heart"

And she breathed deeply in the end. I was speechless and I felt my chest was burning inside.

I was still in love with Sapphire.

I never loved Ruby back. I never even tried to love Ruby back. It was Sapphire all along, and I was fucking stupid. I was not just missing my memories with her; I was missing her being with me. Now I could feel my face burning as she walked down the stage, biting her lip.

"Who's he?" I asked.

"Who's who?"

"Him."

"Him who?"

"The person behind the song."

The answer was Will, her fucking ex who left her... for Ruby, because he got Ruby pregnant. But I fixed her, and now I broke her. Now, I was the person behind this song. I wanted to scream and cry out but I was just speechless.

I turned back to my food, just staring at it because my stomach was burning too. Everything inside me was burning and aching for the things I've done to her, for the fact that I still deeply in love with her.

"Are you done yet? Let's go to the bartender." She demanded and I didn't move, I was still processing everything.

"Y-yeah." I answered as she took my hand and pulled me away to the bar.

I walked closer towards her, and stared deep in to her eyes. All I see were pain. Sadness.

"I'm not going anywhere." I whispered.

"I'll always be here for you."

I leaned in to capture her lips in mine. Her lips were shaking. She tried to be strong.

"Let me in."

I caressed her cheek whilst pulling her closer to me.

"Let me."

And she finally kissed back. Yes. I needed her. I wanted her more than anything. She pulled away and I rested our foreheads against each other.

"I'll stay."

But I didn't stay. I fucking left her broken just because I couldn't handle my ego just because I didn't want to lose the argument and because I was stupid enough to get caught wrapped back around Ruby's fingers, She was always capable of doing that, hypnotizing my mind.

"Harry." I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was now walking to her table, and sit to greet her friends. I spot Andrina, Kyle, and one guy I didn't know. Fuck, were they double dating?

"Harry!" I kept ignoring Ruby. Fuck. That one guy is clinging his arms over Andrina. Is he her boyfriend? Wait, does that mean Kyle was hitting on her? Shit, I'm walking to them. When I stood up from my chair I felt Ruby pulled my hand and cupped my face, kissing me senseless with surprise.

Fuck.

-