35

H a r r y

I woke up holding Sapphire in my arms. She was still sleeping soundly, but I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw her swollen eyes. What happened last night? Why did she cry this hard?

Ruby. She was back. She came back because she needed me.

Ruby was the reason. Will was her boyfriend, and he left Sapphire for her. Fuck, dis that mean Ruby was pregnant? It couldn't be. Why was she here now if she already had a family?

I sat up on her bed slowly, not wanting to wake her up. I groaned, processing what the hell happened yesterday. Kyle. My confession. Ruby. Will Reeves. Everything was so twisted and fucked up I had no idea what to do. What would I do to Sapphire that Ruby was back in my life? I confessed everything I had to say last night to Sapphire. I said that I love her. But what if Ruby ruined that? What if she distracted me, like she always did?

With that, I stood up looking out the window as I pressed call to Ruby's number.

"Harry?"

"It's me, Ruby."

"Harry where the fuck you went last night? I had to pay for my own motel because you left me just like that." I was the one who left just like that?

"Look. I'm sorry. I ju-"

"Pick me up. Now."

"I can't."

"What?"

"I have to be with Sapphire. I ignored her yesterday for you. I can't leave her again, Ruby."

"What the fuck is her problem?"

"Don't say that."

"Do I sound like I give a fuck? Whatever. Just pick me up, alone or with her, I don't care. Just be here soon."

"Ruby, You can't-"

"I miss you, Harry. I want to spend time with you. Pick me up, yeah?"

"O-okay."

I let out a big sigh, cursing myself because I said yes to her just like that. What the fuck was I thinking? Did Sapphire even want to go if Ruby was coming? I kept groaning mentally until I decided to wake Sapphire. When I tuned, I found her already looking at me.

"It's fine if you want to go." Fuck. What now.

"No, no. I'm sorry, Baby." I climbed back to hold her, but she turned away to face the other side of the bed.

"It's okay. I'm okay. Seems like she needs you more than I do, huh?"

"Sapphire, look at me." I pulled her shoulders back to face. "I love you, baby." I remind her. She softened her gaze as she licks her bottom lip and smile.

"I love you too." She loved me. Those were the words I could never hear from Ruby. Ruby heard that thousand times from me, but she never gave a single fuck. She was probably laughing inside.

"Listen, baby. I really want to spend time with you, but..." Fuck. Was I really saying this? "I want to spend time with her too." And her smile faded just like that. "That's not what I meant! Baby, she... She was my best friend-"

"You loved her. She was your everything."

"She was gone for two years, and now she's back. I just want to know how she's been, and you know, I want to her to uhh..."

"Tell you how she left with Will?" She cut me again. I just didn't want to remind her about Will. She cried hard last night because of him for God's sake.

"Yes. Don't you want to hear it too?" Of course not, you dumb douche. She didn't want to know anything anymore about him. She had you now. Unlike you, greedy bastard. "Just, please come with me. I still want to be with you too. Please, baby?" And she bit her lip, nodding with doubt.

-

"Fucking finally. There you are!" Ruby walked to my car, groaning when she opened the front door because Sapphire was sitting right there. "Excuse me?"

"Sit in the back, Ruby."

"What? No! I always sit here beside you. Plus, there is no was I'm sitting at the ba-"

"It's fine. I'll move." Sapphire shot me her best force smile as she walked out. "Morning, Ruby."

"Thanks, Sar- Sapphire. Oops." Then Ruby hopped in beside me, and she leaned her head to my shoulder by surprise. I immediately look at my rearview mirror to see Sapphire, but she looked away instantly.

-

S a p p h i r e

It's fine, Sapphire. You need to do this for Harry. They haven't met for a very long time, just let them be. But that didn't mean that Ruby could cling around Harry, right? That didn't mean you should walk behind them, right? No. Stop. Ruby was his past. He admitted that he loved me just last night, and that was enough. Right?

Thank God my Phone rang to interrupt my over thoughts. "I'll be quick." I excused myself away from them and picked up my phone.

"Hello?"

"Sapphira Mayfair?"

"This is she,"

"Good. I'm John Farrow from the Etcetera Music. " Etcetera? Was I dreaming? "You're lecturer, a very close friend of mine, Miss Crowe has told me a lot about you and your music,"

"Y-yes?"

"I have a project coming up and my people and I think you might be just the one I need to feel the vacant position. I was just wondering if you'd like to come tonight for an audition? We need some uhh... younger passion."

Yes! A million times yes! Breathe, Mayfair. "Oh my God, Yes! Of course!"

"Fantastic. Come over to the Fairmont Studios 7PM this Friday, the receptionist will lead you to the casting room."

"Yes, thank you so much, this is amazing."

"You're welcome. Don't disappoint me, Sapphire. I'll see you soon." He hung up and I squealed in excitement.

This was a huge stepping stone for my dream. This could be perfect distraction from everything that was going on. A perfect distraction from Ruby.

"Sapphire?" I heard Harry from behind. "Is everything okay, baby? Who was it?"

"I'm okay, Harry. He was some guy from-"

"He? Who was he?"

"Calm down, Harry. He was some guy from Etcetera Music. He called me for an audition this Friday at Fairmont Studios!"

"Wait, Isn't like the best label in town? Sapphire. That's kind of a big deal, right?"

"Harry I feel like I'm a step closer to my dream," I stepped closer to Harry, hugging him.

"That's amazing, Sapphire. I'm so proud of you." He said, kissing the top of my head. "Could I come to your audition? Sing for me?"

"W-wait, you want to? You'd do that? But Ruby's-"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Baby. I'll be there watching you." See? I was just overthinking. Ruby was no big problem. He said it himself he'd be there for me.

"I love you, Harry." I smiled, and my heart beat faster when he leaned in. His kisses got me every single time.

"I love you more, Saph-"

"Harry, there you are!" Holy mother of God, this girl really had no good timing when it came to appearance, huh? "I told you to wait me there, and what are you doing with her? We were supposed to spend time together!" Then she pulled him and cling her arms on his. You got this, Sapphire.

"Right, sorry, Ruby." What? "Where do you want to go now?" Did he just...

"To the club? D'uh?"

-