47

H a r r y

There she was. Talking along with Andrina. She was dressed in her casual t-shirt and ripped jeans, but she still look just as much as a goddess to me. She smiled and laughed lightly to whatever her friends had to say. I remembered being the cause for her smile and laughter.

She ate her burger slowly. I remembered that time we spent a night at McDonalds. She ended up tying my hair up in a bun. She was a fresh air on to my polluted soul.

She scoffed, walked to my side and snatched her hairband back. She ran her fingers through my hair, trying to detangle and pulled my hair and tied into a small bun.

I like the feeling of comfort she gave me just from her innocent touches. Nobody has ever done that to me. Or ever made me feel so calm through such actions.

"There." She smiled clearly pleased with her work.

She ate her burger slowly. I remembered that time we spent a night at McDonalds. She ended up tying my hair up in a bun. She was a fresh air on to my polluted soul.

She took her phone out and checked her notifications. I remembered texting her nonstop. I didn't care how annoying I was, I just wanted to give her the love she deserved

She turned her face towards my direction and I looked away instantly. I wasn't sure if I was scared if she might think I was creepy or I just simply could not stare at her face. The longer I stare, the more I hate myself. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were supposed to be sitting right across each other and be all loving and shit. We were supposed to be okay.

But then Ruby happened. And everything I never wanted, happened. I lost Sapphire. She would never forgive me and I would never ever forgive myself for it

-

"I need you to take me somewhere." Ruby said through the phone and I sighed.

"I can't. I have class," I lied, but I knew it wouldn't work on her.

"Then fucking skip it and come here. I'm fucking bored and I need you here." More like my wallet.

"I've skipped a lot of classes for you lately, Ruby."

"Then it's no big deal skipping another one, right? Be here in 10." She hung up and I groaned in frustration.

What the hell was I doing with my life? What the hell was she doing with my life, and why did I keep allowing her ruin me? I closed my eyes for a moment, trying to shook everything off. She was right. It was no big deal skipping another one.

Then I started heading to the parking lot and my eyes suddenly spot the piano room. I froze.

"I said it's mine I don't want you to fucking sing it." I quickly snatched the paper away from her. She was not worthy because she's no Ruby. She's just Sapphire.

"I'm sorry, Harry." Her voice was soft and calming, always full of sincerity. It's weird how she lessens my rage with just a simple sorry.

I didn't respond, afraid she'd be able to see more vulnerability. Instead I sank to the floor, locking my eyes to my poem with those memories of Ruby already creeping on my mind.

"Umm, I really wish I could do something to help,"

Keep talking, it helps, I like your voice.

"But it seems like my presence would only make it worse,"

No, Stay.

"So I guess I'm just gonna go."

Stay.

I heard her footsteps walking away, but she stopped when she reached the door. "I'm sorry, I hope things will get better between you and whoever she might be."

Bloody hell. The only different thing was I actually wanted Ruby back, now I felt like it would be better if she were gone. Ruby always nailed taking my sanity away; she was even doing it now. I suddenly turned my direction and I walked to the door as I hesitantly opened the door.

I entered the room, and I broke. Everything in this room was the same, including me. I was breaking, regretting everything. Ruby left me when I gave her my everything. And now I left Sapphire when she gave me her everything. I was just the same as Ruby, maybe I did the right thing choosing her. We both derived each other.

I was tracing the room until I heard some music playing behind the wall. The melody was almost familiar for me and I thought I was making it up, until I decided to follow the sound and I almost recognized the song. I reached to see behind the wall and I almost choke myself.

It's Fool's Gold.

It's Sapphire on the piano, playing Fool's Gold.

I immediately stood back, hiding myself, but I kept staring at the beauty in front of me. Oh my God, I miss her. I could feel the ache on my chest was back and everything was burning inside me. I fucking miss Sapphire. I miss calling her my baby, I miss her eyes, I miss her addicting lips, and I miss feeling the beating of her heart when I get to hold her in my arms.

But look at her now. Look at what I've done to her. Her hair was tied up, her skin paler and her glowing eyes were hidden inside her eye bags, and she looked empty. I let out a trembled sigh as I was looking at her like that. She was playing the rhythm but not singing, as if she would cry if she opened her mouth.

"And I know your love's not real, but that's not the way it feels..." She sang and her voice was trembling. Fuck, show yourself, idiot.

I'm here, Sapphire.

I regret everything.

I miss you.

"That's not... That's not the way you feel." She ended up whispering before she shut her eyes closed. She looked like she was in so much pain, and she bowed her head and I heard a sob. She was crying.

I froze. I couldn't move my feet. I couldn't blink my eyes. I was burning inside, screaming 'I miss you' to her. Sapphire was breaking and I was breaking with her, her serene blue ocean eyes have turned into a storm and I found out that I was the cause, but drowning at the same time.

Her phone rang suddenly, and I remembered her ringtone. She jolted, and she bit her lip when she saw her screen. She took a deep breath, wiping her tears before she picked it up.

"H-hi, Kyle." Fuck.

"N-no, I'm okay. Just a little flu," She lied, faking her smile.

"I'm okay, Kyle. Trust me." You're not. I'm not. I miss you and I knew you did too.

"Of course I won't forget Saturday." What? What the fuck? What was happening Saturday? "Really? Okay. Be there in 10. See you, Kyle."

She stood up quickly and I rushed out the room. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What do I do now? I ran behind the lockers still staring at her. She closed the door, fixing her shirt and wiping her face before she walked away.

Fuck. I'm following her.