Chapter 3

(Nates POV) Nate in the above picture.

I watched as Eva left the room, with a sad expression. It always angered me when he would upset her but I always bit my tongue.

He ran his hand through his hair and I took that as my chance to finally get a good look at him. My father is 45 now, but looking at him you wouldn't think he was even 30. It's sad to say but I took after my father. Black hair, grey eyes, height, nice built form. We were exactly alike, yet different. He stood with confidence, and power. His 6'4 made him look even more intimidating. But not to me, I've stood against my father before. I've disobeyed his wished. But we agree on a lot of things as well.

Clearing my throat I decided to break the silence.

"Was that necessary father?" I said while looking at him with a blank expression and crossed arms.

He mimicked my stance and raised his
eyebrow.

"It was. Please Nathaniel do not tell me how to raise my child. You know the rules no one is to go anywhere alone. Do not fight me on this."

I nodded my head at him and decided to sit at one of the chairs in the study. My father decided to do the same but he sat at his desk.

"This business you wish to discuss, what is it?" I ask.

He stared at me for a while, as if searching for something. He got up and walked over to the window that oversees the view of the forest.

" I need to ask you favor." He said, not taking his eyes off the view.

"What favor father?" I ran a hand through my hair, another trait I got from him.

"You will attend a meeting with me. You do not need to speak, only when.."

I cut him off "spoken to. I know." He looked at me and crossed his arms.

"You will do well not interrupt me again Nathaniel. Am I understood?"

'Hard ass' I thought. "I apologize, please continue" I said.

He sighed and said something I didn't think he'd ever say.

"You should be. But I am sorry as well, I know this interferes with your social life, work Ect. And it is last minute so please forgive me. But I need this of you. It will be held this weekend. Fathers and their first born sons are to attend."

To say I was shocked is an understatement, but I liked the idea of actually doing something with him. It might be a meeting but I didn't care. Maybe then I'll be able to talk to him about being more involved withDanny and Alex. They've missed him a lot but I can tell Eva misses him more. She doesn't show it but I can see right through her.

"Nathaniel? Are you listening to me?"
My father said.

"Yes, my apologies. I will attend this meeting with you this weekend. On one condition of course." I say leaning back into the chair.

"If you must, what is it?" He asked.

"You are to tell Eva goodbye before you leave, and that you promise to be back for the Twins birthday next month. And you are to KEEP That promise about the twins as well." He looks at me as if he's pondering the question.