Chapter 31

(Eva's POV)

                 I could see the sun start to shine through the window. I still sat with my back against the wall, and the note in my hand.

                    My brain couldn't wrap itself around what had happened last night. I'm questioning whether it actually happened or not but the note in my hand kind of confirms it did.

                        It's not until I heard people talking that I realized I need to clean up the broken glass and hide the note.

                      I looked around my room and I couldn't find any place to put it. No one really comes in my room anyways besides Nate. And he wouldn't dare to be nosey. My eyes finally land on my pillow. That's my best option right now.

                    I get up from the floor, careful I don't step on any of the glass. And I shove the note inside the pillow case. No one would look in my pillows anyways so I think I'm safe.

                    I run to the bathroom and grab a little trash bag from under my sink. I start picking up the pieces slowly so that I don't cut myself.

                    I can't believe this is happening. The only person I can talk to about this is Rosie. But she hasn't made a sound all night.

                     "Rosie?"

                     "Yes Eva?"

                      "Are you.... Did you see anything else last night?"

                     It takes her awhile to respond so I'm scared she did and she isn't telling me.

                       "No. I've been going through the whole thing over and over again but I can't figure out who that guy was. Or why he wants us."

                      "I'm scared Rosie. What do we do? Should we tell Nate and dad or just not say anything?"

                      "Eva you need to take a deep breath."

              So I close my eyes and start taking deep breaths. I really do need to calm down.

                 "We aren't going to tell them.... Yet. They have enough to worry about with the rogues and hunters, and the attacks on the local packs. We'll tell them when the time comes."

                     "Ok. But for now on we need to be alert at all times. If he wants me he can come get me. But we aren't going down without a fight."

                      "You got it."

                   I feel her return back to her little corner and start to pace again. I guess we're both on edge right now.

                     I was so lost in thought that I didn't hear Alex coming towards the door.

                   Knock knock knock....

               "Uhhh who is it?"

              "The Cookie Monster. Who do you think Eve?"