Chapter 28

(Braxton's POV)

              "Eva? Eva!" I saw at the corner of my eye Nate running into the kitchen.

                 "Nate?" Evangeline whispered and like that she was gone.

                  "Get the fucking Doctor here now!!!" I screamed trying to wake her up. She wasn't dead because I could hear her heart beat but it was slow.

                   "Move out of my way!" I turned to see a guy my age trying to push through the crowd. He had a coat on and I assumed due to his age he was a trainee.

                   "Move out of his way or so help me I'll kill you all." People stepped aside and he ran to us.

                     He set his bag on the table and took out a needle and some type of medication.

                   "Alpha, I'm going to need you to move back."

                    "No."

                    "I can't fix her if you're in the way." He stopped but didn't dare look me in the eye.

                      I threw the chair at the wall and walked out into the living room.

                  "How the hell did she even get into that fight? Nate I thought you told her to go into the basement?"

                   "I did! I don't know why she didn't listen. Dammit."

               Deciding to speak up now rather than later when she's awake. How dare she disobey me.

                    "You need to control your sister more. She has no respect for authority."

                    Nathaniel tensed up and barely looked over his shoulder.

                       "What did you just say?"

                   "I'm sure you heard me."

                   "My sister has no respect for authority? Who are you to speak up on someone you don't know?"

                     "She is my mate!"

                      "Since when?! You've ignored, hurt, and indirectly rejected her! She is not your mate!" He said turning around.

                      This angered my wolf and I knew he was trying to surface to defend his mate.

                     "She is my mate and you will back down!"

                   Daniel whispered something into Nathaniel's ear and that made him flip over their coffee table.

                       "Really? Then why did YOUR guard let her leave? Was she or was she not under YOUR protection Alpha Braxton?"

                          I lost all anger remembering I did leave Max in charge. But he wouldn't disobey a direct order.