Chapter 54

(Bell's POV)

I don't know how long I've been here but I could hear footsteps outside of the door.

I watched as shadows from under the door would pass by, stop, and then continue walking.

I knew they were checking up on me. I could only think they were guards.

I knew I was safe here but for being safe this didn't help me at all.

I felt like I was back where I started.

Stuck in a cell, which is now a room.

With guards who are watching over you 24/7 .

I looked around the room and their were cameras.... Just like the ones Jo had.

               I could feel my throat start to tighten,and  my hands were getting sweaty. I could hear this annoying beeping sound in the back ground and I realized it was my heart monitor.

              The door burst open and someone started screaming. I jumped from the bed and ran to the corner of the room.

              I saw a lot of nurses come rushing into the room and my eyes scanned through the crowd to see who was screaming bloody murder.

             I covered my ears and the nurses kept talking to me but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

              Jackson came running into the room and I saw as he started yelling something at everyone and in a couple of seconds they all started to leave the room.

                 He turned around and put his hands out in front of him and started to walk slowly towards me.

               He was acting like I was going to hurt him or something.

             I felt water slide down my face and my vision get blurry and then it hit me.

             I was the one screaming.

             I could see his mouth moving but nothing was coming out.

                 I shut my eyes and shook my head as I hugged my body.

              "Arabella... look at me."

       But I just kept shaking my head.

          "I'm not going to hurt you okay? Please don't cry baby girl I'm right here and I will never let anything or anyone hurt you ever again."

           He sounded so sincere and I finally stopped shaking my head but I didn't dare move.

             "Please look at me."

             I still didn't move.

                  "Please?"

             I finally looked up at him and he smiled back at me.

           "There's my beautiful mate."

            I wiped my tears and he took a step towards me back I took one back.

       The look of hurt that flashed through his eyes made my wolf whimper.

         "I won't hurt you Arabella... please believe me."

            In my heart I knew I do. But it was just a habit... a bad habit.

                 I closed my eyes and took deep calming breaths.