Chapter 33

(Eva's POV)

This was my second night without sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I saw someone I loved getting hurt. Braxton was in most of those nightmares.

The sun has been up for awhile now and I know it's passed 8 o clock. Breakfast is going to start soon and I need to get ready.

I picked myself up off the floor and headed towards the shower. I passed by the mirror only to see that my mascara was messed up and I had bags underneath my eyes.

I didn't bother looking any longer I just got into the shower. The hot water felt good on my back and it released some of the tension in my muscles. Not all but some.

I put up my walls to the mind link so that no one could interrupt the only place I felt safe now.

But I knew they were trying to mind link me since I felt this throbbing feeling in my head.

The only one who could brake the wall was Nate. So I'll just wait until he decides to contact me until then I'll just enjoy my shower.

I didn't know how long I stayed in the shower like that. All I knew is that it was for a long time considering the hot water ran out.

But it didn't bother me. The cold felt just as good as the hot. I washed my hair out, cleaned my body, and shaved every ounce of skin I could find.

I was doing everything and anything I could think of to try and stay in the shower longer.

"Eva..."

I knew something was wrong since Rosie never sounds this sad. She's always the cheerful kind.

"Rosie? What's wrong?"

"We can't keep feeling like this."

"I know. I'm trying everything I can to not.."

"No that's not what I mean. Since we've been around Braxton a lot, and we've had physical contact more than once for a long period of time, Rider can now feel what I feel. And I feel only half of what you feel. "

"So That means Braxton can feel what we feel."

"Yea he can."

"So he knows what I was feeling last night?"

"And right now. Eva you need to calm down. If we want to keep everyone safe we can't feel scared, or sad. We have to be strong."

"You're right. It's just a lot you know? But Thanks Rosie."

"Any time."

I took a deep breath and tried to relax the best I could. I focused on old memories of my brothers and I and remembering seeing my mom when Nate and I were unconscious.

"Eva? Why is your wall up? Everyone's been trying to get in touch with you."

There goes my quiet time.