Chapter 56

(Bella's POV)

I laid there watching as the sun was barely peeking through the trees.

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Not because I know today is Eva's funeral but because I was scared.

Scared that if I close my eyes that all of this was going to go away.

That in some sick way the moon goddess was playing a sadistic joke and was going to take me away the minute I thought I was going to be okay.

So I stayed awake. I stayed awake and counted all of the 678 little glow in the dark stars that laid on my ceiling.

There was 678 stars, so I counted them 678 times.

I wanted to see how many times I could count them before the sun came up.

I barely made it to my goal.

But it's not like I'm tired or exhausted. Staying up through the night was a normal thing for me.

The longest time I have ever been awake was for 6 days straight. The average person can only go 72 hours before they start to lose it.

I was seeing a field of flowers, and a beach by day 5. On day 6 I saw myself being killed in here.

Knock knock knock.

I slowly sat up in my bed and stared at the door. I didn't say anything or try to move at all.

I didn't want whoever was on the other side of the door to know I was in here.

I tried to listen for breathing or even a smell but I couldn't smell or hear anything.

"Ms. Arabella? It's me Elizabeth."

Elizabeth.

I can't remember where I heard that name from but it sounded so familiar.

"I can hear you breathing child, open this door." You could hear the smile on her voice and for some reason I trusted her.

I got up from the bed and walked towards the door. But I stopped when my hand touched the door knob.

I waited and waited and waited for something to happen.

Like my mind was telling my body to turn the knob but it's like my body didn't know how to.

Finally I turned my wrist and the door opened a little.

I peeked through the crack and saw a nice, old looking lady with brown eyes and brown hair.

"Well.... Don't just stand there. Open the door child." I stared at her for a second and closed the door.

I took two steps back, slowed down my drumming heart, and opened the door again.

This time I just opened it and walked towards my bed keeping my back to her.

I heard her walk in with a bag that I think had a dress in it, and a box that was wrapped like a present.

"I know you probably don't remember me but I used to take care of you and Braxton when you both were little babies."

I didn't say anything as I listened to her continue.

"Your father hasn't said much about what has happened to you but I could only imagine what you had went through. We all missed you Bella."