Chapter 36

(Eva's POV)

                 I followed Nate to his office. He was quiet and didn't say a word.

                          He walked in first and I closed the door. I stood by the door waiting for him to say something. But he walked to his window and stood there.

                       "A rogue Eva. You brought a fucking rogue!?"

                          I was kind of taken back by his attitude. This should be a good thing for him.

                           "No. I brought you your MATE Nate. " he can't be serious.

                          "Did you know she was my mate?"

                          "No."

                           "So you were just going to bring a rogue into the territory and think everything was going to be ok?"

                           Well when he puts it like that it does sound ... Stupid.

                            "She's not just any rogue Nate. I've known her since Freshmen year of college. She's a good person. I was skeptical at first when i met her at the mall but come on. She's my best friend, what was I suppose to do!?"

                     I threw my hands up because we shouldn't even be having this conversation.

                       "Ignore her! There are laws Eva! You don't get to do anything you want because I'm Alpha. There is a council you have to go through! Don't you ever think!?"

                       "What if that were Steven!? huh? You wouldn't be happy that your Best friend is a rogue and you'd do anything to help him right!? She's of Alpha blood Nate!"

                  "This isn't about me Eva! This is about you being careless and endangering the pack! You should've mind linked me first and not just bring a rogue!"

                 "She is not a ROGUE! She is your MATE! Get your egotistical head out of your ass long enough to realize she is way more than a ROGUE! Just listen to her story! Then decide!"

                    "You're missing the point! She's a rogue! You should've said something! You don't bring random rogues over here without permission. You do realize she is technically trespassing? And Decide what?! I'm not going to reject her! I'm happy she's my mate but she was a rogue first. Next time tell me!"

                       "God what is with you Alphas thinking more about your reputation than your mates!?"

                      "My reputation has nothing to do with this! She is my mate and I will accept her regardless of her circumstances. Just because YOUR mate doesn't want you, doesn't mean the rest of us don't want ours! And have you ever wondered about that huh? Maybe he can see how careless, idiotic and naive, you are! That's probably why he doesn't want you as his Mate Eva! Because you do stupid shit like this to jeopardize the pack! If you weren't my sister id kick you out myself!"

                    "Nate stop!" He turned to see Ariana come in but I didn't bother turning around to look at her.

                    But there. The truth is out. Nate finally said it. And the truth... It hurt. My brothers... I'd die for them. Do anything to keep them safe. I've always wanted what was best for them. But I guess this feeling was one sided.