Chapter 39

(Eva's POV)

Another sleepless night. Don't get me wrong it's not like I didn't sleep at all. I feel asleep for about 3 hours... Total.

But Every time I closed my eyes I saw those eyes. Those eyes of 17 beautiful kids that I killed.

That. I. Killed.

I got up from my bed, and headed for the bathroom. I stopped at the mirror and just stared at my reflection.

My hair was a mess, makeup smeared, scratches everywhere although some of them had healed. I turned around a little and lifted my shirt.

The blood from my wounds seeped threw the gauges but I'm pretty sure they stopped. So, with little irritation and a lot of patience I started to peel them off.

One by one.

After peeling off all 8 of the gauges I finally got a full view of my wounds.

I had about 4 scratches angling left, and 4 angling right. So it looked like a big, bloody hash tag on my back.

I touched it but winced since the scratches were still fairly new.

But they were healing quicker than most of my wounds.

"Rosie?"

"Yea?"

"When I saw my mom before I changed, she told me I was different. You know? Special. Can you tell me what she meant?"

"We have so many qualities Eva. You couldn't imagine a wolf that could do what we can! But for each wolf its different. There are wolves that are white and turquoise like us, but each symbol that we hold tells us a little about our powers. It's up to you to figure them out."

I didn't even know how to reply to that. I have these .... qualities, that no one knows for sure that I have. And I have to figure out what they are. Great.

"Well, how do I do that?"

"That, is for you to figure out."

Really? If I knew how to figure it out, I wouldn't need her help. I love Rosie but sometimes she gets on my nerves.

"Thanks Rosie. You are so much help."

"Do I detect sassiness?"

"Goodbye Rosie."

I cut off the connection but smiled. Today, is going to be a good day. I won't let Braxton, my brothers, or even unknown ruin today for me.

I'm going to eat breakfast with everyone, smile, be happy, and maybe stop by the library to do a little research.