Chapter 4

(Danny and Alex POV)

        I watched as Alex threw the chair against the wall making it shatter. That boy and his temper. But I kind of knew how he felt. No matter what Nate says, it was our fault. We shouldn't have let her gone in a different directions. Now our baby sister is laying on the couch, not talking and being unresponsive.

      I need to find Alex, hopefully he doesn't do anything stupid.

"Yo Alex! Where you at man?" Nothing.

"Mi enola" I try again. It just means  "I'm alone" but backwards. It's been kind of like our code between him and I.

   "I'm over here." He says.  I followed where his voice came from and it wasn't until I smelt Cinnamon Spice that I knew he was close. And there he was. Sitting at our little lake that's hidden behind rocks and vine curtain.

             I sat next to him and said nothing. We both needed to figure out stuff on our own. After what felt like hours which were just probably only minutes I decided to speak up.

      "You know she's going to be ok right?"

      "Yea l, it just sucks man. I messed up."

       "WE messed up. But it doesn't matter now..." I was cut off by his screaming.

           "Doesn't matter? DOESNT MATTER!? Eve is on the couch, with blood coming out of her head because we were being so fucking careless with her that WOLVES not a wolf but WOLVES came and attacked her! Now she could be dying and it'll be our fault! So don't sit there and tell me it doesn't matter!" He got up and started pacing.

       "Look you idiot if you'd let me finish you'd know I didn't mean it like that! Don't jump down my throat ok! I was there too! You don't think I don't feel bad enough?! I was going to say it doesn't matter now because we need to focus on why those wolves were there."

      Alex looked at me, and I could see the wheels turning in his head. 

     "You're right. We always go running why now?"  He said while sitting down next to me.

   "I don't know man. But did you see how dad talked to the thing, like it was some kind of person?" I said.

   "Yea and he said 'my territory' I know this is dads land but sheesh you'd think that was a little much." He said.

   "But that wolf I don't know man. Something was off about it. It's like he understood. He bowed his head at dad and left. Who does that!?" I said getting frustrated with this.

       "He's hiding something. I know he is." He said while kicking a rock.

    "I don't But whatever it is we'll figure it out. We'll just have to go and ask dad and see what he says." 

      "Hey Danny?" Alex called out.

    " hmmm" I say not really finding words to say at this point. I'm still trying to figure out what all this means.

    "I'm sorry I got mad earlier. I just really hope she's OK. I don't know what I do with myself if she wasn't going to be OK. We can't lose her she's the closest thing we have to a m-mom." He said looking down.

      He wasn't lying when he said Eve is the closest thing to a mom. Shes cooked, cleaned, washed our clothes, gave us advice when it come to girls, let's us talk about personal things. She always wants to know where we're at, if we're safe, have we eaten, to call her if there's a problem. Shes been more than a sister to us, she's been our mom.

Alex and I barely remember mom. We share stories every time we get the feeling that we're forgetting her. I know we're not but its just hard to think that what ever info we have on her could be gone one day. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Eve.

      Hearing my brother choke up about Eve and our mom, I knew what I had to do. I went over to my twin and punched him in the arm.

    "Oi! That hurt! I'll bruise later on watch" he said while rubbing his arm.
    Rolling my eyes I laughed

   "Hahaha you never bruise! Kind to think of it none of us have haha we're just that awesome Huh?" I said smirking.  Then I realized something.

   "Dude, what happened to your cuts?" I said looking at his body and seeing only dirt and blood.

    "I don't know. I don't think I was ever cut. I think it was blood from the wolf that made it look like I was cut." He said shrugging. 

Hmmmm I could've sworn I seen something. I wasn't going to dwell on it. I got Alex to laugh, and we're finally realizing we're going to be ok.  But just for fun, let's piss him off.

   "Hmmm I could've sworn I saw cuts but I think that's the juice from the berries that you picked from the bushes. No way you can handle a wolf. You're too..... " looking him over with a disgusted look ".....scrawny"  I say getting up and leaving.

    " what the hell is that suppose to mean!? That I'm weak? I can beat your ass any day lover boy!" He screamed while trying to catch up with me.

    "Sure you can. I'm older so logically that means I'm stronger." I turned to smirk but ended up dodging a fist that flew my way.

   "See, you missed. You can't beat me up so what makes me think you can beat up a *ouffff* I grunted while trying to get a pissed off Alex off of me.

   "Never mind you're not scrawny you're fat! God, you weigh a ton Alex! What the have you've been eating?!" I scream trying to get him off me.

      "1) you're older by A minute so don't be so proud. And 2) Say I'm better and I'll get off" he smugly said.

    Glaring at him I said "you're better" he rolled off and I jumped up and started running towards the house screaming "better at eating tacos you fat lard" and I could hear his footsteps!

    "I'll show you a fat lard!!!!!" He screamed and that was his mistake!

   " oh yeaaaa? Who your ex girlfriend because I've seen her plenty of timessssss Hahahaha" I laughed and waited by the door for him. I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed and a smirk on my face.

     "Hey that was mean, she was nice" he said while walking towards me.

I rolled my eyes and said "yea yea yea. Anyways what about those questions? Do we ask dad?" I said before reaching the door handle to the porch sliding door. 

        "No. It's a rule. Never question things remember?" He said grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

    "I guess so, let's go check on Eve." I said.

     Alex face turned to a pained expression but nodded. When we walked in all hell broke loose.