Chapter 12

(Alpha Brax's POV)

Slamming my hands on the desk I decided to stop and take a break. I've sat in my office for hours trying to figure out what kind strategy I need to do to get rid of these rogues.

After patrolling the territory myself and coming back to my office, I received a mind link from patrol telling me they smelled rogues near by. I sent out a search party to see if they can capture one and bring it back for questioning but my men were unlucky.

I heard someone coming up the stairs and that could mean only mean someone out of the three people I allow on this floor were coming to speak to me.

It was either My Father, my Beta Jeremiah or my third in command Joshua. When they were close enough I knew who it was because of their scent.

Knock.... Knock... Knock.

"You may enter." And just like that I saw my father walk through my office looking troubled. I was instantly on my feet.

"What is the matter? Did something happen at the meeting? I specifically told you to contact me."

He silenced me with his hand but still took his time to answer me. He sat down on the opposite side of my desk and poured himself some coffee.

I sat down waiting patiently for him to explain. He looked up at me from his coffee and took a sip. He sighed and began to explain what happened.

"To answer your previous questions, nothing is the matter, but yes something did happen."

I nod my head at him silently telling him to continue.

"Do you remember alpha David?"

I ponder through my memory but I do remember from when I was 10 he came over with his older son the future alpha.

"Yes, you invited him over one day with his mate and son. Why?"

"He was at the meeting today." To say I was shocked was an understatement.

Alpha David hadn't attended any meetings, ceremony's, and celebrations since his mate died. It made him weak just like it made my father weak. He up'd and moved with his children, leaving his territory to his beta who said he's the alpha for now but he was not taking it permanently.

From what I've heard alpha David visits the territory sometimes but doesn't stay. Loosing his mate took a tole on him. I vowed id never love a mate, or anyone for that matter. It was a waste of time to get attached. And for what? To have it one day be ripped away leaving you broken and fragile? Never.

"Why was he there? Is he reclaiming his tittle again permanently?"

My father and Alpha David were good friends. His mate was my mothers Bestfriend. So when he left without a word to my father or my mother it hurt him.

"No I don't think so. It seems he's heard of the rogue situation everyone seems to be having. His daughter was attacked the other day. She's fine because 'she is an Everlast'" my father smiled at that.

Giving him a questionable looked he said

"Those were his words. Not mines. At least a little bit of the David I once knew is still in there cocky as ever I tell you that." He smiled again remember his best friend and how he missed him.