Chapter 9

(Nates POV)

We got to the meeting 30 minutes before it started. Dad and I are just waiting in the car because he said he 'didn't want to socialize. We're here for him to speak only when he has to and me to listen.' His words not mine.

"Dad, what's the meeting about?" I ask even though he might not even answer because of his stupid rules.

He starts to rub his face and then sighs.

"Nathaniel, I will say this once and once only. You are here to meet four important people. You will introduce yourself CORRECTLY, and that is it. You are to say nothing else. There will come a point where I will dismiss you and you are to not argue."

I looked at him like he was crazy. Am I just a trophy son or some thing? I don't get it. But I won't argue with him on it.

"As you wish." I say giving him a nod.

25 minutes have passed already and my father decides now is the time to exit the limo. I get out and I see a lot of guys and what I'm guessing are their dads. Everyone here looks mature. Talk about out of place.

"Wait until they all enter the building then we will go inside." He whispers to me. If I didn't have my good hearing I wouldn't have heard him. It was barely about a whisper.

I give him a nod to let him know that I heard him. Another 5 minutes go by and everyone starts to go inside. A lot of them look our way but I just stand there, arms crossed not liking the way some of them are starring. It's starting to piss me off. What the hell is their problem? We're all about the same height but I'm pretty sure I can take them on.

I see this one guy and this younger guy standing next to him. They look nothing alike considering the old guy had green eyes and the guy next to him has brown eyes. But I guess you don't always get your dads eye color. But something was telling me they're not related.

They stare at us and my father notices and tenses. I look over at him and he's glaring back at the men who turn around walk inside.

"Are you alright dad?" I ask as he visibly relaxes.

"I'm fine. It's time to go inside." He starts to walk to the entrance and I follow behind him.

What the hell was that about? And what's with them starring jeez. I want to go home already. I wonder what they're all doing. It's hard being away from my family so long. At work I'm with Eva so it's easy. And at school we're all there together. So right now, it's kind of hard not being with them.

Im knocked out of my thoughts by my father calling my name.

"Nathaniel, this way." He says turning left.

I follow behind him quietly not trying to look too out of place. I see a lot of girls looking at me, as if they're eye rapping me. I wink at one who almost falls to her knees. I smirk knowing I still got it.

My father turns around to see if I'm following but stops at a door.

"Wait right here" I nod telling him I once again heard him.

He enters the room and I hear "Alpha Everlast, welcome."

"Thank you Alpha Reece. But if am I may id like to talk to the council privately in the hallway."

Alpha what? What the hells an alpha?

My father comes out with four older people. All older than my father because they had grey hair every where, wrinkles, and one even had a cane. Two were females and the other two were males.

"Council members this is my son."

" Everlast, Nathaniel Everlast" I say extending my hand. Kissing the women on the hands and giving a firm handshake the guys.

"This is your son, Alpha David? About time we finally meet him! Pleasure my boy." The older man says. I like him. I thought he was going to be a stuck up old man. But again with the Alpha thing!

I look at my father questionably silently asking him about the alpha thing.

"Is something the matter Nathaniel?" One of the girl council women says.

"No ma'am. Just a question that can wait." I say giving her a smile.

"Please, do speak. We are all open minded here." She says looking at the other council members.

"Right Alpha David? There are no problems?" She says giving him a raised eyebrow.

My father clears his throat but speaks nonetheless.

"Hmmmm I suppose not." He crosses his arm waiting for my question.

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you referring to my father as an Alpha?" Giving them a confused look.

They all look at each other and the old man speaks up.

"Our apologies. Has David passed down that tittle? If so I'm very disappointed we didn't get invited to the ceremony." He says.

"Nathaniel, you are dismissed. Please wait in the limo." My father steps forward finally speaking.

"David, don't be rude. We are talking to your son." He says.

"He is my son and what I say goes." He says giving me appointed look.

I nod my head telling him I'm leaving.

"My father is right. I should be going anyways I have important matters to take care of. It was nice meeting you all." I give them each a handshake and take two steps before the other council lady calls me back.

"Nathaniel?" I turn around and look at her.

"Yes?" Giving her a smile.

"Answer me this would you?" I nod my head at her for her to continue.

"I don't think that's wise of you to do." Says my father in a disapproving manner.

"I was speaking to your son. You will not interrupt me again David." She says calmly. She turns back to look at me.

"Do you know what an Alpha is?" She looks at me in almost a frown.

"I'm sorry, I don't." And that was when all hell broke loose.