Chapter 20

(Eva's POV)

          We all followed my dad and headed towards the living room. I turned around and saw that Braxton was talking to his father.

           I don't know what it is about him that makes me feel so nervous around him. I'm attracted to him but I don't know why. It's like I have this little need to be next to him, or touch him. And the way he said my name made me want to melt right into his arms.

           He looked so....mature. The way he stood, the way he spoke, the seriousness in his tone. He carried himself really well. I just wondered what made him so serious? What could've possibly happened that made him this way?

           I was still looking at him when he stopped talking to his father, and turned to look at me. I think he felt me starring.

           I snapped my head forward embarrassed that I was caught eye rapping him again!

           "Eve watch out!" Alex screamed but he was too late.

             I tripped over a box and went falling forward and onto my face. Great just what I needed.

            "Ughhhhhh" i groaned rolling over onto my back.

             A smirking Nate came into view holding out a hand for me to take. I looked at him and sighed, as he pulled me up.

            "You know, you wouldn't have fallen had you not been gawking at your new boyfriend who saved you."

             "Shhhhhhhhh I was not gawking at Braxton." I whispered yelled at Nate.

             I looked over at Braxton to see him looking at his phone, but James was looking at me with a smile. I smiled back hoping he didn't hear because he might tell Braxton.

             "Sure you weren't. That's why you looked over at him to see if he heard." Nate said side glancing at a busy Braxton.

              "Shut it Nate or so help me I'll...."

          "Evangeline, Nathaniel. Are you two done? Because if you're not interested in what I have to say than we can all be on our ways." My father said interrupting my threat to Nate.

      "My apologies, I was just uhhhh nothing it doesn't matter but we can all go to the living room now." I said looking at my father who just nodded his head.

        I glared at my brother one last time, turn to look at Braxton who's now looking at me, and turn a bright red.
I wasn't gawking. Just admiring.

      "James, Braxton. I really appreciate you coming but if you want to leave that is your decision you are welcomed to do so." My father said. We all turn to look at them to see they have a clouded look on their face.

         "If it isn't any problem, we'd like to stay. We came to inform you about well the rogues and hunters." James says.

          "Rogues?" Alex says

          "Hunters?" Danny  adds.

         My father held up his hands silencing the twins.

         "All will be explained right now. Please, just wait patiently." My father then turned to look at James and Braxton.

        "Ahh yes. Thank you for including me in on the councils plans it seems they're quit hesitant on informing me." My father says looking frustrated.