Chapter 57

(Bella's POV)

We finally saw the pack house in our view and the door opened only to reveal a very angry looking dad.

He moved aside to let us in and all the wolves left to give us privacy.

Braxton dropped me on the floor and went into the other room and shifted only to return with just a pair of sweats on.

"Shift." He said as he threw a large black shirt at me.

They both turned around and I shifted back and threw the shirt on over my head so that it covered everything.

The shirt was so big that it reached my knees so it wasn't too uncomfortable.

I shifted and stood there with my head hung low and my hands clasped together.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't lock you up right here, right now." I snapped my head up and looked at him.

He really couldn't be serious.

I didn't know what to say so I kind of just stood there with my mouth wide opened.

"I will not wait any longer Arabella, speak now." Its like I wasn't even his sister.

"It was for Jackson. He told me what you did to his Beta's mate and I didn't think it was fair. I could only imagine how scared she felt, and the hopelessness that she had to deal with for being in there for that long...." I tried to plea with my eyes that he would understand why I did what I did.

And that even though I handled it the wrong way my intentions were pure.

"You released a prisoner. A prisoner that was there for a reason. You not only betrayed this pack but you betrayed me, our family and everything that we stand for Arabella."

I lowered my head in shame.

"I was only doing what I thought was right." I said.

"If my decisions don't satisfy you, than you are to come to me and we will discuss it. But if you ever betray this family again I will....."

"You will what? Beat me? Hit me? Keep me locked in a cage? Starve me? Because if you plan on doing it, do it. It wont be new to me. And honestly tell me the truth, would you have listened to me? Would you have released her if I asked you too?"

He didn't say anything as he started to walk up to me.

My father went to step in front but Braxton had shot him a look and my father nodded his head and stepped out of the way.

I kind of coward into my shell and waited for something, anything to happen.

But he lifted my chin and made me look at him.

"The next time you put yourself in that dangerous situation, or if you betray this pack, I will have you locked up in the cells. Sister or not."

He let my chin go and started to walk out of the room.

"Now you have wasted time. Be ready in twenty minutes. We have a funeral to attend." And with his final say he was gone.

I fell to my knees and cried.

How could he be so heartless, couldn't he had seen that I was only trying to do what I thought was right?

I felt a hand on my lower back and it was my father. He helped me up and without saying a word he walked me back to my room.

He opened the door and lead me to my bed and sat down next to me.