Chapter 40

(Eva's POV)

                      We all got into Ariana's mustang and headed towards the mall.

"So Eva... You gunna tell us what's up? Or ...."

I looked up from my phone and gave Athena who was sitting in the passenger seat a confused looked.

"Huh?"

Athena rolled her eyes but turned her whole body towards me.

"Are you gunna say why you've been acting so... Weird lately?"

I didn't know what to say. Oh yea, hey guys not much has been happening just been black mailed, threatened, killed 17 kids, a old lady, and hey these are my last days with you?

Yea right.

"Look, I know. I know I've been every where with my attitude and I'm sorry. It's just with Braxton and the rejection thing. It's not easy."

The whole car was quiet now and Athena's eyes had softened.

"Oh Eva. We know it must be hard not being able to have a mate. But think of it this way, you can have alllll the one night stands you want! We're... We're stuck, forever."

I think she was trying to cheer me up but it wasn't helping. Although, I might be going through hell right now, not having Braxton as a mate still hurt.

"Yea because having someone who loves you unconditionally, who you can wake up to, who you can go to bed with, and who you can have family with must be so hard. Look, I know you're trying to help but stop. I don't want to talk about it anymore. "

I looked away from Athen and turned my head towards the window. I watched as the trees and buildings were passing by me like a blur.

Eventually Athena turned back around in her seat and we all just listened to the radio.

Maybe this was going to be harder than I thought.

About 20 minutes later we showed up at the mall and we all jumped out.

"Finally! You drive really slow Athena." Destiny said as she stretched her legs.

"I was being safe!" We all laughed and headed inside.

I wanted to break the little tension that was in the group so that we could all just have a good day.

"What color are you guys going to get?"

"I was thinking black, since it's Nate's favorite color. What about you guys?"

                   "Well Danny likes Green so I might just wear a green one. Athena?"

"Alex likes Red so I'll wear a red one! Eva?"

                  "Uhh... I was just think maybe a peach or beige color."

                    "Is that Braxton's favorite color?"