Chapter 31

When the door rings, I slide against the wooden floor to get to it.

My over-sized shirt hanging mid thigh. I should probably grab something to wear over it but the door bell rings again.

When I open the door, I'm surprised. I wasn't expecting to see him again.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I need your help," Sam says.

I scoff. "My help? What makes you think I'll help."

"Can I come in?"

I place my hand against the door. "No way! I'd never let you in."

"Come Vi, don't do this."

"Don't do this? You're the one who started it all."

His head hangs low. "I really need your help."

"I ain't helping."

"Please say yes, I don't want to resort to doing something that'll hurt you."

I laugh at that comment. "It hasn't stopped you before."

He takes a document out of his back pocket. He's dressed in blue jeans and a white t-shirt. The first time I've seen him out of a suit perhaps. He looks hot...I shake my head. Now is not the time.

He lifts the document up to my face. "This right here is the contract we had, remember? It clearly states that if you leave the job or fail to do as I say, you'll owe me a quarter of a million dollars."

I swallow. I don't like the sound of it.

"Now I can help you get out of it. You won't have to pay me a thing if you pretend to be my girlfriend."

I cough. "No way am I doing that. I'll pay you the money but I'm not pretending to be your girlfriend."

His sexy smirk appears again. "Let's be real," he says leaning in. "You'll never be able to pay it off."

His face is way too close. I stare at his lips. There's things I want to do. I pull back. "You have so much money, you could pay someone else to be your girlfriend. In fact, you wouldn't even have to pay with the number of girls who throw themselves at you."

"True but I want you." His smile grows wider. "The contract says payment must be made in one week. There's not many days left. I suggest you accept."

I know I won't be able to pay. "Fine," I say through gritted teeth.

"Great. Meet me at my place next week. We'll have dinner with my family."

"Wait what." I frown. "This is all so you can showcase me to your family."

He smiles, turns around and leaves.

------------------

Today is the day I'm meeting Sam's family as his fake girlfriend.

I try to dress the part too. I wear a gorgeous red dress, with an open back. Black heels and a black clutch. Bright red lipstick and a smokey eye. I never wear this much makeup and dress like this but it's not like I could meet Sam's family in a cardigan that's perhaps ten dollars.

When I drive to his place, the security don't let me in which forces me to dial Sam and force him to tell his guards to let me in.

When the gate opens, it's a bit of a drive to his place. Luscious, green trees everywhere. Flowers in all colours. It takes about a five minute drive to I get to his place.

My mouth feels dry. My eyes almost jumping out of its sockets. This isn't a house, this is a castle, a mansion. The kind you see in magazines or in movies owned by a rich man or like the queen or something.