Chapter 1

____________

SKYLER'S P.O.V.

_____________

"Bye Mom, Dad!" I waved at my parents as a boarded the Hogwarts Express.

"I know that this transfer is hard on you Skyler, but I know that you'll be fine! I'm sure that the other sixth years will be very welcoming," my mother said as she hugged me. "Now one of my colleagues at work, Arthur, said that his son is in the same year as you. His name is Ron, and Arthur told me that he is always with another boy with glasses, and a girl, so if you're stuck, you can always befriend them!" my mother continued happily. I rolled my eyes, my dear old mother, underestimating my powers of befriending people myself.

"Good luck Skyler, and may the sky be the limit," my dad joked. I rolled my eyes again. I did it so often, it was almost a reflex nowadays.

"Bye Dad," I said as I gave him a last hug, before hurrying off to find an empty compartment, lugging my heavy trunk around. The task wasn't easy, already most of the students were on the train. I continued my search. The train lurched forward suddenly as it began to move. I dropped my trunk as I struggled to regain my balance, and it fell on someone's leg in the corridor.

"Watch it, you idiotic git!" said an angry voice.

"Sorry," I automatically replied, as I tried to pull the trunk in an upright position, which was difficult as the train was moving. And God, the thing was heavy! By the time I looked at the mysterious voice, it was walking away, already half way down the carriage. Well, "it" was technically a "He". From the back, I could see that "He" had blonde hair, and was a foot or something taller than me, but then again, most people were. I watched his silhouette walk away, wondering how anyone can be so rude. I shook my head and continued to search for a compartment.

____________

DRACO'S P.O.V

_____________

I watched her as she struggled to pick up her trunk. She was such a delicate little thing, with long dark curly hair that hung below her shoulders, and a pale face splattered with almost invisible freckles, and shockingly pale, bright blue eyes. I was surprised how I managed to see all her facial features in the one second I saw her face, she was very striking, maybe even pretty. A gentleman would have bent down and helped her, but I am no gentleman. I am a death eater, with a near suicide mission that the Dark Lord has entrusted only me with. I suddenly realised that I was staring at her for no apparent reason. I can't waste time even thinking about helping someone I don't even know.

That thought stuck with me as I walked away. She doesn't look familiar, but she looks about the same age as me, ignoring her small frame. I snatched a quick glance back at her, she was walking away in the other direction. She wasn't wearing anything to show what house she was in. Did she hate her house that much? I thought, smiling slightly, looking down proudly at the Slytherin symbol on my cloak as I walked.

____________

SKYLER'S P.O.V.

_____________

I found a relatively empty compartment and I didn't want to push my luck even further, so I opened the door.

"Excuse me, but can I come in? All other areas are full," I asked a body whose face was hidden behind an upside-down Quibbler magazine.

"Hello, but shut the door quickly, I don't wanna any Nargles to get in," the body said in a dreamy voice. I pulled my trunk in and sat opposite the dreamy voice.

"Um.. What are Nargles?" I asked. The magazine lowered by a few centimetres, and I could see bright blonde hair, a forehead, and two of the biggest eyes I have ever seen.