Chapter 38

"Sh," Draco whispered, pulling me into a hug. "It's ok Skyler, it's alright, your safe."

Draco's arms wrapped around me, holding me tight, which was useful, because I felt like I was going to break inside.

I was happy to finally see Draco. More than happy, I was ecstatic.

But seeing him only reminded me of my guilt.

"Skyler," Draco said, pulling away slightly so he can look at me. Although it was dark, I could see every bit of him perfectly, as my eyes drank up his face. I was sure that he could also see my tear-stained cheeks, one of them still probably bright red.

Draco paused. "I love you," he said, emotion dripping from his words.

My heart spluttered and nearly stopped. I couldn't move, couldn't get my lips to form the same words.

Before I could say anything, though, Draco bent down and kissed me.

After a few seconds, I couldn't hold myself anymore. I pulled away slightly. Draco looked down at me quizzically.

"Draco....um....I-" I stuttered, wondering how on earth could I tell him. Will he be angry? Of course he would! Would he ever talk to me after? I doubt it. But I couldn't lie to him. I would never do such a thing.

Draco's eyes furrowed in confusion.

"Draco..... I can't- I'm so-" I began again, but stopped when his expression darkened.

"Greyback just called Potter 'Lover Boy'," Draco started, looking down at me with hard eyes.

When I didn't reply, just steadily held his gaze, he continued.

"And Greyback said it straight after Potter shouted at him to leave you alone."

I felt the whole world slowing down. I wanted to hug Draco and say sorry, but I was afraid in case that makes him have a opposite reaction. I stayed routed on the spot, but my eyes travelled to the floor.

"How long has this been going for?" Draco demanded.

"Nothing was going on, Draco. We just kissed once or twice," I said softly, my eyes beginning to overload again.

There was a long pause. I didn't dare to look up.

Then Draco sighed. "It's my fault."

I looked up quickly, hoping to find him mocking me or something. Instead, I saw a sincere face.

"What?" I asked bewilderedly.

"It's my fault! It's always my fault! I sent you with Potter to keep you safe, but what it has done was you getting caught, Potter making moves on you, and you getting smacked by my own father!" Draco said furiously, his anger aimed towards himself.

I stood there, gaping. HOW ON EARTH could Draco be blaming himself for those events? Especially the events including me and Harry?

"Draco- what are you-" I began, but I was interrupted.

"No wonder you'd go after Potter, I mean he is The Chosen One after all, anyone would be mad not to go for him after he makes a move......Saint Potter- The Boy Who Lived- getting whatever he wants........" Draco was muttering.

My eyes widened in shock. What was Draco saying?

"Do you love him?" Draco snapped at me suddenly.

"What?" I asked, bewildered by the sudden question.

"The question is simple enough," Draco said. "Do-You-Love-Him?"

"No!" I snapped back.

Draco laughed darkly without humour. "I don't believe you."

"Draco, what are you saying? I love YOU, I never loved Harry!" I said earnestly. Maybe I liked Harry's company, maybe more that I should have, but it never crossed my mind that I loved him. At all.

"It's alright if you do, Skyler, I completely understand. I mean why would anyone pick a Death Eater over THE Harry Potter?" Draco asked rhetorically.

I snapped.

I reached up and grabbed Draco's face in both of my hands, pulling him down to my level.

"You are NOT a Death Eater," I whispered, looking into his eyes.

"Skyler," Draco whispered. "I am a Death Eater, either you like to admit it or not. You have no idea what I've done while you were gone. I have tortured countless people, killed many more......." Draco's voice trailed away.

I opened my mouth to say something, but he suddenly continued.

"I'm a killer, a cold-blooded murderer. That's what I am, Skyler, that's what I grew up to be. I am a killer, and there's no going back. I'm stuck now. And Skyler, I don't blame you with what you did with Potter. He's much better for you than I am."

I resisted the urge to smack his face. Instead I pulled him closer, our foreheads now only an inch apart. My eyes looking straight at his.

"Draco Malfoy, you are NOT a Death Eater. Just because you have a Dark Mark doesn't mean that your loyalty is with You-Know-Who. You lied for us tonight. That's something a good guy would do. A kind guy. Not many Death Eaters are kind, or have a heart of gold. And I don't count those people. You were threatened with your life to do those things. You didn't do it because you wanted to."

Draco sighed, his cool breath washing over my face. "How different could they be, really?"

"Draco Malfoy, you are NOT a Death Eater," I repeated, and closed the space between us, my lips on his.

Every nerve in my body exploded as Draco kissed me back, one of his hands on the small of my back, pulling me closer, the other entwined in my hair, pressing my lips harder against his. I had no complaints, I had went too long without Draco. I needed this.

A few minutes later, Draco gently pushed me up against the wall. With his arms around my hips, his kisses began travelling down my jawline to my neck, occasionally nipping it. My hands roamed Draco's hard chest, and eventually my hands were doing the same, under his shirt. Heat flooded through me and I blushed.

Draco chuckled as he began to kiss me again, deepening our kisses slowly. Every fibre in my body wanted him now more that ever, and I pushed myself against him, making my intentions known, my lips kissing him back even harder, making Draco moan.

Draco's hand was under my jumper, on my bare skin, going upwards hesitantly.

I pulled away and looked at Draco.

I loved him.

Staying close to Draco, I pulled myself quickly out of my jumper, revealing my spaghetti strap top beneath. I dropped my jumper on the ground of the corridor and place both of Draco's hands on my waist, looking at him meaningfully, and nodded. You can touch me now, I thought, hoping he got the message.

Draco wasted no time to get his lips on mine again. His hands were going up and down my spine, making me shiver with pleasure. My hands were running through his hair, his muscular shoulders, his lean, strong arms, his hard chest. Our hands were roaming each other's bodies, and soon we were impossibly entangled, and I wasn't complaining.

Soon, Draco's hesitant hand began climbing the front of my shirt, his skin leaving goosebumps behind. I kissed him harder, hoping he would take it as encouragement. I felt him smile against my lips as his hand reached the destination, and I hooked my thumbs in the waist band of his jeans, pulling him closer, though there was no space between us already.

"I love you, Skyler," Draco said, his hand sliding down my top, and he also hooked his thumbs on the waistband of my jeans.

"I love you too, Draco," I whispered back, reaching up to find his lips again, which was easy, as he lowered them pretty fast.

My heaven is wherever Draco was, even if it was the Malfoy Manor, being You-Know-Who's base.

I suddenly heard a loud scream, coming from right above us.

Hermione.

I pulled back suddenly from Draco, so fast that I hit my head against the wall behind me.

"Hermione," I gasped.

"Skyler," Draco said.

"Hermione....I have to help her," I said, not listening to Draco.

Draco still pinned me to the wall.

"Skyler," Draco said again.

"I need to help her Draco!" I said helplessly.

I ducked under his arm suddenly, knowing that he wouldn't expect it, picked up my jumper, threw it over my head, punching my arms out of the sleeves and began running to the stairs.

I felt Draco's hand grab my arm and pull me into a stop.

"Skyler, if you go up there now, you're dead, and so is Granger," Draco said.

Another shrillingly scream echoed.

"But Bellatrix is torturing her!" I cried, my eyes watering.

"I know that this isn't what you want to hear, but I don't care about Granger, I only care about you," Draco said patiently.

I could vaguely hear Bellatrix shouting.

Another scream resounded, rattling me to the bone. I struggled against Draco's grip, but he was too strong.

"Hermione! HERMIONE!" I heard someone below us shout. Ron.

Another scream was heard, and taking Ron's action, I screamed, "HERMI-"

Draco's hand clapped over my mouth. "You do want to get killed?" He snapped furiously.

"Draco, please, you have to help her.... Or let me help her," I whispered, my tears spilling over my cheeks now.

Draco studied me for a second, as another scream echoed through the walls. I began shaking in fright. Hermione was strong, but Bellatrix was cruel and sadistic.

"Do you trust me?" Draco asked.

"Always," I replied.

"Then come on, and try to look like I roughed you up badly."

I pulled away from Draco's grasp. Using my hands, I tried to mess up my hair as much as I could. I rubbed my eyes, hoping that there was any leftover mascara that could have smudged my eyes. I forced a few more tears out of my eyes.

"How do I look?" I asked.

"Brilliantly terrible," Draco replied.

"Excellent."

"Come on then," Draco said, taking hold of my arm. He began dragging me towards the stairs, but instead of going up, he led me down. To where Greyback led Harry, Ron, Dean and the goblin.

"Draco, what are you-" I asked.

"I know what I'm doing, now be quiet," Draco snapped, though not unkindly.

We kept down down flight of stairs until we reached an iron grate for a door.

"You've brought me down to the cellar, haven't you?" I gasped, betrayed.

Draco didn't reply, but he kept his grip on me as he dragged me towards the door.

"I trusted you."

"I know. And I'm sorry for that. And this too."

Before I could ask what Draco meant, he waved his wand, and the door opened quickly. Draco then shoved me through the door, I tripped and landed on the ground, as the door swung shut.

"Skyler? Are you alright?" I heard Harry's voice ask as he hurried to me.

"I think so," I said. The room was dark, and the only trace of light was where Draco stood, but he blocked it, casting a shadow in the room.

"If you touch her again....." Harry turned around, and began marching towards Draco.

Draco smirked. "Take it easy, lover boy, no one would want to touch that filth."

I knew that he said it for an act, but it still kind of stung.

"Take that back!"

"Or what?"

Suddenly Hermione's scream echoed.

Draco broke into a sly grin. "You hear that Weasley? Bellatrix seems to be having fun. And Potter, if you don't keep your mouth shut, it will be Taylor next." Hearing Draco saying my last name instead of my first name was strange.

Draco spun around and walked away.

As soon as his footsteps dissappeared, the room was flooded with light, and I spun to see Ron's Deluminator in his hand.

I spotted Ollivander, Dean and Luna.

"Luna!" I gasped, and she smiled at me. I ran and gave her a hug. "Are you alright?"

"I am," Luna replied the dreamy voice I had forgotten she had. "How are you, Skyler? I hope you've been having an adventurous year so far."

I chuckled. "You have no ide-" but I was interrupted by a loud crack, and Dobby appeared in the centre of the cellar.

"Dobby is here to save Harry Potter and his friends!"