Chapter 30

I ignored Harry, concentrating on the whimpering sounds I heard. They sounded familiar. It was Ron.

Horror shot through me and I tried to sit up, but an excruciating pain shot through my body, and I gasped. Harry's hands appeared and pushed me down on the floor again. I must have bruised myself when I slammed into the floor.

"Hermione, once your done with Ron, throw the Essence of Dittany to me!" Harry called, looking at me with a pale face.

"Harry, what's wrong with Ron?" I asked.

"You and Ron got Splinched," Harry said, his eyes wide as he stared at my side. That would explain the pain that's coursing through my body, I mustn't have felt it earlier due to the adrenaline rush.

I could definitely feel it now.

My breaths came in short puffs as I tried not to scream. "Will Ron be alright?" I managed to stutter.

Harry nodded. "Your lucky, his is much worse."

"Harry," Hermione called, Harry jerked his hand up to catch a small vial. He unstoppered it and pulled out the dropper.

"This is going to hurt a little bit," he said, looking at me.

I nodded, and I felt a sharp sting on my left side of the body. I pressed my lips into a tight line to prevent me from whimpering.

Harry put the vial away and pulled my hair away from my face. "There, you'll be as good as new in a day or two."

I nodded, as I heard Hermione start muttering enchantments to protect the place.

"Harry, you can get the tent," she called.

"Where?" Harry asked.

"In the bag!"

Harry shook his head and walked away, leaving me in thought. This was the very first dangerous mission we went on, and look how it turned out, I thought, my side still burning, though the pain is easing, or maybe I was just getting used to it.

I heard some commotion, and Hermione and Harry seemed to drag Ron into a tent. I tried to get up and help them, but the pain wasn't that helpful.

I waited, and after a minute, Harry appeared by my side. He smiled slightly as he place his arm under my knees and my back.

"What are you doing? I can walk!" I said. Harry raised his eyebrows and lowered my feet to the ground.

Even without me taking a step, my left side was cramping in pain. I took a deep breath and took a step.

It all happened very fast, and my face would have hit the floor if Harry wasn't beside me to pull me into his arms.

"Yeah, I don't think so," Harry said, as he picked me up in his arms, and began the short walk into the tent.

I stayed quiet. The only person who ever picked me up was Draco, and my heart longed for his arms to be around me, instead of Harry's.

As we neared the tent, I stared at it. It was tiny, though Hermione and Harry casually dragged Ron inside. It must have been magical.

My suspicions were proved as we walked in. It was like a tiny apartment, with a strange smell of cats.

Harry lowered me onto the couch carefully and sat beside me. Ron was on the bed in the other room, his eyes closed, his face ashen.

"Hermione, why are we here?" Harry asked.

"Before we Dissapparated, Yaxley had a hold on Skyler, but I didn't know, so when we reached Grimmauld Place and I saw him there, he knew where we were staying, so I knew we couldn't stay any longer, so I Dissapparated us here, where they held the World Quidditch Cup back in our fourth year," Hermione said breathlessly. "I'm so sorry Harry!"

"No, if anything, it's my fault," Harry said.

A moments silence passed and Hermione got up and went to make tea.

The hot mug was greatly welcomed by my cold hands. Harry noticed me shaking.

"It just because you lost a lot of blood," he said, putting his arm around me, trying to keep me warm. I looked at myself. I terribly needed to clean myself up, my clothes ruined by dried blood.

"So, you've got it?" Hermione asked Harry.

"Got what?" Ron asked from his bed, opening his eyes.

"The locket, what else could we be talking about, Ronald?" Hermione called, rolling her eyes.

"Yes, I've got it," Harry said, pulling a locket out of his pocket.

"Blimey, no one here tells me anything!" Ron exclaimed.

"We'll thats because we were running for our lives from the Death Eaters," Harry said, throwing the locket lightly at Ron, his other arm still around me. "Here."

Ron examined the locket with his good arm. "Are we sure this is still a Horcrux? That Kreacher didn't succeed in destroying it?" Ron asked hopefully.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I made several attempts to open it, either by prising it open or by magical means. It wouldn't respond to either.

"What are we going to do with it?" Ron asked.

"Keep it safe until we find a way to open and destroy it," Harry said, putting the locket chain around his head.

Hermione stood up and stretched. "I think one of us should keep a lookout, and we need to start thinking about food as well," she said, as she made her way to the entrance of the tent for her shift.

*****************

"DONT SAY HIS NAME," Ron called.

I jerked awake. I was still on the couch. I must have dozed off. The whole day was spent with Harry and Hermione switching shifts, and Ron and I lying around, like helpless fish.

"Oh sorry Skyler, didn't mean to wake you," Ron called, his voice lower this time.

"It's alright," I said quietly, rolling over on the couch, my eyes heavy with sleep. I was too tired to walk to the bed that Hermione assigned to me.

I had just began to doze again when Harry stormed into the tent, and sat beside me quietly, pulling my head on his lap. I didn't resist, I was too tired. His fingers played with my hair for a while as I drifted into sleep.

"What's You-Know-Who doing?" I heard Ron ask quietly.

"He found Gregorovitch," Harry answered quietly.

I was in between sleep and awareness. Who is Gregorovitch?

I didn't think on it much longer as I was sucked into my dreams, all featuring Draco, in some way or another.

Even in my sleep, I missed him.

*******************

The next morning, we packed up and Dissapparated to another forest, but closer to a muggle village, we had all agreed that we shouldn't stay in a place too long, and we needed food.

Harry left with the Invisibility Cloak to see what he could buy.

After about an hour, though, he came running back to us, clutching his side from a cramp, gasping for breath.

"Harry?" Hermione said. "What's wrong?"

"Dementors, they came after me!" Harry gasped, and staggered over to the couch where I was sitting, even though there was one much closer to him, I noticed.

"But you can make a brilliant Patronus!" Ron cried, after realising that Harry had come back empty-handed.

"It wouldn't,.... It couldn't...." Harry said.

"So we still got no food," Ron stated.

"Shut up, Ronald!" Hermione snapped. "Why couldn't you make it Harry? Do you feel sick? You made one perfectly yesterday!"

I don't know," was the reply.

There was a pause, as each of us got lost in our thoughts.

Ron suddenly kicked a chair.

We all stared at him.

"What?" He snarled. "I'm starving, and the only thing I had to eat after nearly bleeding to death was a couple of barely cooked wild mushrooms," he said, reminding us all of the queasy dinner we had yesterday.

"You go fight your way through Dementors then. And besides, Skyler was also Splinched but I don't hear her complaining!" Harry said, his voice hurt.

"As you may have noticed, my arm is in a sling-" Ron nearly shouted.

"Convenient, isn't it?" Harry retorted, clearly losing his temper.

"Guys, we shouldn't fig-" I began.

"What is THAT supposed to mean?" Ron shouted, interrupting me.

"Of course," Hermione said suddenly, silencing both of the boys. "Harry, give me the locket."

Harry watched her in confusion.

"The Horcrux, Harry, you're still wearing it," Hermione clicked her fingers at him.

Slowly Harry took it off and handed it to her.

"Better?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah, loads better," Harry said, a smile spreading in his face.

I sat and thought. So being near a Horcrux can make you feel so bad that you can't make a Patronus? What else can Horcruxes do?

"Harry," Hermione said, breaking me out of my reverie. "You don't think that you have been possessed, do you?"

"What? No, I remember everything that I was doing from when I put on the locket," Harry said quickly.

"Alright," Hermione said, turning around. "Maybe we ought not to wear it."

"We can't just leave a Horcrux lying around, Hermione, what if someone found it?" Harry said.

"Oh alright then," Hermione said, placing the locket chain around her own neck. "We will take turns wearing it, so no one has it for too long."

Ron, after a period of silence from him, finally spoke. "Great, great, now that we've sorted that out, can we go get some food now?"

"Yes, but we need to go somewhere else to find it," Hermione said, with a quick glance at Harry. "There's no point staying here, if there are Dementors about."

In the end, we found an empty field next to a lonely farm house, which we managed to get eggs and bread.

"It's not stealing, is it, if I left money in the coop?" Hermione asked worriedly.

"Yo wurry tooo uch huminee, elax!" Ron said, his mouth full of food.