Chaoter 26

After we changed into normal clothing, and the effect of the Polyjuice Potion wore off Harry and I, we began walking down the busy, crowded street that Hermione apparated us to. She quickly led us to a random, empty cafe, and ordered three coffees, Harry was under the Invisibility Cloak, and we all sat down in a booth.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked, truly bewildered that a lovely wedding was quickly ruined into us running away.

"I say that we find a quiet place to Dissapparate, to maybe the countryside, and then we can send a message to the Order to check if everyone's ok," Hermione muttered.

"You mean with that talking Patronus thing?" Ron muttered.

Hermione nodded. "Yes, I've been practising and I think I've got it."

I glanced at Harry, or rather, where Harry was sitting, as he was still invisible, he was being rather quiet. I glanced around, wondering what could be distracting him at all. It was easy to see, two workmen made identical movement to their pockets. Harry's arm brushed mine as he hurried to get out his wand. Ron ducked, pulling Hermione down with him as Harry shouted "STUPEFY!"

Harry's hex hit one of the Death Eaters.

The other Death Eater started shouting spells. Harry and I barely dodged them. I hid under the table, unable to use magic.

"Petrificus Totalus," Hermione cried, out of sight. The second Death Eater slumped forward.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and I came out of hiding uncertainly.

"I recognise him, he was there the night Dumbledore died," Harry said, glaring at one of the Death Eaters.

"This one's name is Dolohov," Ron called, looking at the second one.

"Never mind who they are, how did they find us?" Hermione said worriedly.

"Ron, get the lights, Hermione, shut the door and curtains," Harry said, taking the lead of this situation.

Ron pulled out the Deluminator, which Dumbledore had left him, and clicked it, and the lights were immediately shut off. Hermione waved her wand and the curtains were pulled down and the door clicked. My hand itched towards my wand, but I was still underage, just for another two weeks.

"What are we going to do with them? Kill them? They would have done it the other way around," Ron whispered.

Hermione and I shuddered.

Harry shook his head. "No, we'll wipe their memories, if we killed them, the others would know that we were here," he explained.

Everyone glanced at Hermione, seeing as she had wiped her parents memories, she should know how to do this properly without any mistakes.

Hermione nodded and stepped up. She pointed out her wand shakily at the first Death Eater and whispered "Obliviate," his eyes immediately turned glassy.

"Perfect," Harry said. "You deal with the other one and Ron and I shall clean up."

Ron, Harry and Hermione got to work while I sat down, thinking. We haven't even begun our journey, and we were nearly killed, and I was sure that there were many more similar experiences to come. I shuddered. The possibility of us actually succeeding in finding and destroying these Horcruxes seemed to vanish in thin air.

**************

"Grimmauld Place," Harry said, dragging me back to the present.

Ron and Hermione gaped at him.

"You can't be serious, we can't go in there, Snape knows how to get in, and he's a Death Eater," Ron exclaimed.

"Snape is only one Death Eater, and if I meet him, so what? I'd like to end him the same way he ended Dumbledore," Harry growled. I stared, I had never seen that side of Harry.

****************

"I think someone has been here," Hermione whispered as we all walked in and stayed right behind the door, afraid of moving inside the dark house.

After a few minutes, Harry said, "well we can't stay here forever," and took a step forward.

"Severus Snape?" called a voice. It was Mad-Eye Moody's, I realised.

Something swished past us. I tried to scream but no sound came out. Everyone was retching. I heard Hermione stutter "Tongue - Tying Curse."

Harry took another determined step. A ghostly figure rose from the ground, and made its way towards Harry, its wand pointed. Dumbledore.

Harry staggered back. "We- we didn't kill you. "

The Dumbledore-figure exploded.

I looked around. Hermione was crouched by the door, her head in-between her arms, Ron, shaking from head to toe, was trying to comfort her. Harry looked at me. "You alright, Skyler?" I must have looked horrified at what had just happened.

"Alright," was all I could reply.

****************

"Family safe, do not reply, we are being watched," said Mr. Weasley's voice from the silver Patronus.

Ron sighed in relief and Hermione hugged him.

But Harry didn't seem to notice. He had a pained look in his face. "Bathroom," he muttered and walked out quickly.

I followed him, not wanting to watch Ron and Hermione hugging, it made my heart break, reminding me of Draco.

Harry walked into a bathroom, and shut the door behind him, not knowing I was there. I stood waiting nervously, listening in case of any signs of him getting sick.

Harry cried in pain, I guessed, and I heard a thud, guessing that he fell to the ground. I knew that it would have been his scar.

"Harry? Harry are you alright?" I asked, tapping the door gently, getting louder and harder with each knock.

I heard nothing, but then I heard a voice from inside the bathroom, a voice that didn't belong to Harry.

"You called me back for this.... To tell me that Harry Potter had escaped again? Draco, give Rowle another taste of our displeasure, do it or feel my wrath yourself....." the voice said.

I froze at the sound of Draco's name. That cannot be Harry saying this. It must be Harry having a vision of Voldemort. He was punishing the Death Eater for letting us escape, and using Draco to torture him......

Hatred exploded at out me, and I wanted nothing more than to throttle Voldemort for using Draco to do something so evil and heartless. My eyes watered.

The toilet was silent.

Hermione came along happily, and I jumped away from the door. She smiled at me and knocked on the door sharply.

"Harry, do you want your toothbrush? I have it in here," Hermione said, looking into her tiny beaded bag.

"Yes, thank you," said Harry's voice, a little shakily, opening the door.

Hermione handed it to him and walked away, oblivious to what Harry had seen or what I just heard.

I looked at Harry, and found that he was looking at me, his eyes telling me that he knew that I overheard this little outburst.

"Harry, are you -" I began, but was interrupted as Harry pulled me into a hug.

"Skyler, I'm ok," he said. He patted my head, which came up to around his chest, and my eyes spilled over.

"Sh......" Harry tried to calm me. "Don't be scared, we're safe now."

He didn't understand that I wasn't crying for the fear of our safety, but Draco's. How long will he obey Voldemort wordlessly? Will Voldemort one day torture Draco for failing at something? Or kill him? Or what if Draco snaps and doesn't obey Voldemort? Voldemort would definitely kill him.

After I had calmed down, and apologised to Harry for ruining his shirt, we walked back into the room that Hermione and Ron were in.

"I don't want for me and Skyler to be on our own, so is it ok if we use the sleeping bags I bought and stay in the one room?" Hermione asked as Harry and I walked in.

Harry and Ron nodded.

I eyed her beaded bag. What else could she fit in there?