Chapter 15

A strange warmth was the first thing I felt. It began to get hotter and hotter, turning into an uncomfortable temperature in my throat.

It suddenly became an open furnace.

I was gagging, choking, spluttering, doing anything to try and heave the potion back up so the pain could stop

I felt hands on my body, trying to steady me, and a voice in the distance, but I couldn't respond. My senses where completely shut down.

Something twirled in my brain.

The dizziness engulfed me, and my knees hit the cold, tiled floor, and a second later, so did my head, hard.

The pain from the fall was tiny compared to the fire that charred my throat, which was now making its way towards my head.

I began shaking, as my brain fried in the heat.

Then, without warning, the brick wall broke apart violently, spraying millisecond images across my brain. My head pounded as it organised all the new, or really, old information.

A series of scenes that I have never seen before, never remembered, even though I was in them, began to play behind my closed eyes.

********************

I saw myself peeking behind a door, spying on Malfoy who was looking at a diagram of some sort. Soon, my own voice began playing in my mind, seeming to replay my thoughts during the scene. Memory-me gasped and a hand shot out and grabbed her.

"What were you DOING?" I heard Malfoy's voice echoing in my ears.

I saw Malfoy pinning memory-me to the wall. I was like a ghost, watching my own memories. But I could feel someone's hands around my own arms.

Whatever the memory-me felt, I felt too, I realised.

"You?... Harry's nose, no..." I heard memory-me stutter.

I saw Malfoy smirking.

"Death Eater," I heard memory-me stutter again.

My blood froze as Malfoy's eyes glinted at the word.

"And I bet you can connect another attack with me too," Malfoy whispered into memory-me's ear, "one involving jewellery."

I gasped as memory-me paled. Malfoy nearly killed Katie Bell? Why would he want to do such a thing.

"Madam Rosemerta?" I heard memory-me mutter.

"She's under my Imperius curse," I saw Malfoy sneering, "the necklace was supposed to kill someone else."

"Dumbledore," I heard memory-me gasp.

My blood turned to ice. Harry was right, he was always right. Malfoy WAS a Death Eater, and he WAS planning something. But to kill Dumbledore?

"I get it now," I heard Malfoy say, as he leaned in closer. I sensed confusion and astonishment in memory-me's thoughts.

"Your eyes, your name. Your eyes are bright blue, just like the sky, Skyler" I heard Malfoy say.

And he leant down and kissed memory-me, allowing me to feel the warmth of his lips on mine too.

*****************

Malfoy and memory-me finally broke apart, and Malfoy turned away from memory-me and began muttering to himself, his back turned to memory-me. I snuck up behind him, forgetting that I was invisible, and heard him mutter, "if she has no memory of this scene, she can't endanger herself......"

Suddenly, Malfoy turned around, with his wand in his hand, pointed it at memory-me and shouted "OBLIVI-", but memory-me was ready. She disarmed Malfoy, with a look of utter confusion on my face. I could sense the turmoil and most importantly, love, that memory-me felt.

I watched Malfoy's face during the entire scene, only listening to memory-me's thoughts to keep me updated on my side.

"I love you," Draco's voice echoed in my ears.

I love you.

The scene began fading slowly into darkness as memory-me got stunned.

The last thing I saw before I was dragged back into the present was Malfoy kissing my forehead. "I love you, don't ever forget it," he whispered as he used my wand to cast the Obliviate Complexo Charm.

*******************

As suddenly as the burning and pain appeared, it disappeared. I could see light through my closed eyelids.

I opened my eyes slowly. I found myself lying on the floor, sweaty and bloody. My palms, wrists and neck were bleeding, I must have scrawled them somehow in an attempt to stop the pain.

Hermione was sitting next to me, holding my arm down, probably to stop me from hurting myself again. She was pale white and shocked.

"Skyler, are you alright? I knew the effects of the potion were bad, but it is only proportional to the amount of memory and trauma that you lost...." Hermione whispered. "Have.... Did you....?"

I sat up slowly, I didn't want to set off any more burning. Nothing happened. It was strange. The pain, which was worst than any Crucio spell, has vanished. The only signs that something had happened was the blood.

I knew what I needed to do.

I walked away from Hermione without saying a word.

As soon as I was out of the bathroom, I ran in the direction that he most likely would be in.

The Slytherin common room.

*********************

___________________

DRACOS P.O.V.

___________________

"Yeah, whatever Pansy, look, I've got homework......." My voice trailed off as I rushed towards my dorm.

Utter lie. I just hated the way that Pansy threw herself at me.

I thought of Skyler as I walked, which wasn't surprising, as she was on my mind all day, everyday. I even kept the vial of her memory with me at all times, sleeping with it under my pillow at night.

I smiled as I checked the vial in my pocket.

A few seconds later, my blood turned to ice.

The glowing silver strands always illuminated my pocket. When I checked my pocket a few seconds ago, I didn't see any light.

I quickly took out the vial, as I entered my dorm, and stared.

The glowing silver strands were, in fact, not glowing anymore, and were black. The strands didn't float around the vial anymore, they just accumulated at the bottom.

She couldn't have....

I made sure I ripped out the pages just in case.....

How....?

No!

I raced towards the Gryffindor common room.