Chapter 18

_________________

SKYLERS P.O.V.

_________________

I woke, feeling incredibly warm. It took me a second to remember where I was and what happened, and I rolled around to Draco's waiting arms.

"Sleep well?" He asked, kissing my forehead.

"The best ever," I lied.

"Liar," Draco chuckled. "You got more than few nightmares."

"How did you know?" I asked, horrified. Did I talk in my sleep? I blushed at the thought of what could have spilled out of my mouth.

"Your face while you slept was more than enough," Draco explained.

"You mean you stayed up most of the night just to watch me sleep?" I asked incredulously. If I had said that sentence to another person, it would seem weird. But the fact that Draco willingly gave up sleep, sleep which he so badly needed, to watch me, made butterflies form in my stomach. "Did you get ANY sleep at all?"

"A few hours, did you? With the nightmares and all?" Draco asked jokingly.

"Of course I did, you were here," I answered, telling him that I remembered the incident of me waking up.

Draco's eyes melted and he kissed me.

"What were you nightmares about anyways?" He asked between our kisses.

I pulled away. "I need a shower," I said, hoping that he would not pursue the conversation.

He let me go, but his mind didn't

******************

I tried to spend as long as I possibly could in the shower, hoping that by the time that I came out, Draco would have distracted himself and forgotten the dreams.

I shuddered as I remembered them.

Eventually, I couldn't stay there any longer without Draco thinking I was avoiding him, so I turned off the water and slowly dried and changed. The Room of Requirement gracefully provided me with a change of underwear, jeans and a shirt, all fitting me perfectly. I brushed my teeth, even though I haven't eaten anything yet, and opened the bathroom door to a smell of eggs.

"Breakfast!" Draco called from a kitchen that wasn't there when I left to the shower. He placed a plate full of fried eggs for 4 people in front of me.

"Draco, that's too big, I won't be able to finish it!" I said, trying to distract him.

"Ah you will, you won't notice how much you're eating because you'll be too busy staring at this," He gestured to his face with the wooden spoon he was using. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't know you could cook," I said, impressed.

"It's not cooking really, it's just frying eggs, I doubt anyone could NOT know how to do that!" Draco stated. I couldn't help but smile.

********************

After breakfast, and me being force fed nearly half the plate of eggs, I got up and went to brush my teeth again.

I came back a few minutes later, trying to rub the sleep from my eyes discreetly.

Draco, of course, noticed.

"You didn't get much sleep, did you?" He sighed, from the couch.

"Not the best sleep," I admitted.

He patted the space on the couch next to him. I laid down and placed my head on his lap.

"Remember this?" I said.

"Go to sleep, Skyler." Draco chuckled.

*********************

I don't know how long I've been sleeping for, I just know that I woke up, screaming, "NOOO!!".

Draco jerked awake above me, he had also been dozing.

"Skyler, what's wrong?" He asked, alarmed.

I didn't hear him. I sat up and breathed deeply, trying to steady my heartbeat. I felt like I was going to be sick.

I began making my way to the toilet.

"Skyler, wait," Draco said, holding my arm. "Just tell me, they're just dreams."

"You didn't manage.... You couldn't...... He killed you...." I managed to stutter, barely holding back my tears. Draco knew who I was talking about. Dumbledore would never touch any of his students, even the one to kill him, but Voldemort would definitely kill his followers.

Draco sighed and pulled me into a hug, my tears spilling on his bare chest.

I realised that Draco was saying nothing.

Wasn't he supposed to say that Voldemort would never kill him, because he was definitely kill Dumbledore?

I waited a few minutes.

Nothing.

I pulled away suddenly.

"Don't you even dare!" I said.

"Skyler, we have to face the facts. Dumbledore is much stronger than I am, the chances I even get to hurt him are zero. I know that he isn't going to hurt me, but he might just bind me or something. There is a very high chance I'd fail the Dark Lord's plan...." Draco said, his hands up in the air, as if surrendering.

"Draco Malfoy, you are going to go down there and kill Dumbledore, I don't care what you do, just don't get yourself killed!" I cried, angry that Draco would even think that way.

"I'll try Skyler, I really will," Draco whispered, pulling me into another hug.

"To hell with trying! If you don't want to do it, I will!" I cried, realising my words and what they meant.

Me?

Skyler Taylor, daughter of an Auror, is going to kill a Headmaster, to keep a Death Eater alive.

It wouldn't have made any sense for anyone else, but it made complete sense to me.

Draco gasped.

"Skyler, don't you ever say that again. You don't know what you're saying," Draco said, his face pale.

I snorted. "I know what I'm saying Malfoy!" I began. Great, we are on second name basis again. "I'm coming with you to kill Dumbledore, then I'm leaving this school and going with you!"

******************

________________

DRACOS P.O.V.

________________

I could only just stand and stare as madness spilled out of her mouth.

"I know what I'm saying Malfoy!" She began. The fact that she started calling me Malfoy again stung. "I'm coming with you to kill Dumbledore, and I'm leaving this school and going with you!"

She was choosing the life of the Death Eater.

The choice that I thought that she would never choose.

Because of me, for me.

What have I done?

Anger exploded through me, anger at myself for messing up Skyler's life so much that she would become a Death Eater for me.

"You think I WANTED this?" I snarled, gesturing to the burning Dark Mark on my arm. "Do you think that the life of constantly being threatened by death is enjoyable, relaxing? I never wanted this, I never had a choice, and now I'm stuck with this forever. But you do Skyler, you do and you're choosing WRONG!" My voice raised to a shout at the last word.

Skyler glared at me, but I didn't care. She couldn't choose the choice that I worked so hard to protect her from. My mind flashed back to the day that I made her forget, the fact that it killed me to say the incantation.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do," Skyler snarled.

"Skyler, no, please no, Skyler you can't come with me. Think about it from my perspective. How am I supposed to watch you get threatened every day, by a THING that I can't even defend MYSELF from. Skyler, no, you can't do that to me....." I was saying anything that could tap into her guilt, which I knew was her weak spot.

"Nothing you'll say will change my mind, Malfoy." She snapped and turned around to head to the bathroom again. In her rage, she seemed to have forgotten that she already had a shower, as I heard it turn on.

She was really going to do it.

She was going to walk into death, either one way or another.

No.

She wasn't going to leave this room tonight while I did what I have to do.

Skyler wasn't coming out of the shower for a long time, she was avoiding me.

A plan formulated in my mind.