Nineteen Years Later

"Hurry up, please Scorpius, you're going to be late!" Astoria Greengrass called up the stairs.

"How many times, mother, do I have to say that I am coming?!" Scorpius shouted back down. A big thud shook the grand Manor, indicating that Scorpius was pulling his heavy trunk down the flights of stairs.

Draco chuckled into his tea as his wife walked into the kitchen. "This is his first year, Astoria," he said. "I doubt he's planning on being late."

Astoria smiled at her husband. "He does look like you," she answered. "Looks, and the most annoying personality ever." She beamed at him sheepishly.

Draco raised his blonde eyebrows. "Well, he doesn't need personality, his looks will get him through life just fine!"

Astoria took a hand towel and flicked it towards Draco. He ducked away, managing to spill his tea on himself.

"Hey, this is a new suit!" He cried.

"Oh really? Never would have guessed," Astoria said with mock surprise. She turned her head away for a second. "Scorpius get down here now or else I'm going to drag you down!"

"I'M COMING MOM!" He roared back.

Astoria turned back to Draco and rolled her eyes.

Draco's heart stuttered, and he pushed the thought away. Astoria wasn't Skyler, he told himself sternly.

Draco wasn't sure how exactly he met Astoria. Everything was a blur back then. But Astoria was nice, she comforted him and helped him through his grief. Draco learned to love her. It wasn't long after that they got married, and they loved happily in a Manor that Draco bought with his inheritance. His father had died, and his mother was going that way too, though he was worried about his mother. He would often invite her over to babysit her grandchild during the summer when both Draco and Astoria were out working.

Scorpius tumbled down the stairs at last, his trunk in hand, his tawny owl in a cage in the other.

"Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy!" Astoria said sternly. "What took you so long?"

Scorpius pulled a face, always the same one when his mother said his full name. "I forgot to pack my books!"

Astoria shook her head. "Come on, we are going to be late."

Draco stood up and placed his mug into the sink. He had offered Astoria to get a house elf, so she wouldn't have to do all the cooking and cleaning, but she refused. The gesture had reminded him of Skyler, but then again, everything did.

**********************

"Is there really a Platform 9 3/4?" Scorpius asked for the tenth time since he sat in the car.

"Oh, really Scorpius, you don't ask why we have magical abilities, but you ask about the platform?" Draco said from the wheel of the car. Let's just say that he may or may not have bribed the instructor into letting him pass the muggle driving test.

"Will there be a feast on the first night?"

"Yes," Astoria replied.

"Mum, dad, I'm scared," Scorpius said, his voice low.

Draco slowed down the car until it came to a stop, and he turned around to face his son. "Everyone is scared when they try something new. Trust me, little champ, I was really really REALLY scared when I was going in. But you know what I did? I sucked it up and played tough."

"Draco!" Astoria chastised him, though she was smiling.

Scorpius laughed.

"Who's the man?" Draco asked, knowing what his answer will be.

"I am!" Scorpius shouted eagerly.

"Come on, my boys, or else Scorpius will need to fly to Hogwarts!" Astoria said.

"Oh, like that story you told me about, right dad? The one about a boy with circle glasses and another with red hair who flew a car to Hogwarts, and then hit a tree?" Scorpius interjected as Draco started the car again.

Astoria smiled, knowing what Draco's stories where truly about.

"Of course, Scorpius," Draco replied, sharing a look with his wife. "Would you like me to repeat the story while we're driving?"

**********************

"We will write to you everyday!" Astoria waved at her son, tears in her eyes as Scorpius waved back.

He then opened the window. "Dad!"

"Yes, Scorpius?" I replied.

"What if I get sorted outside of Slytherin?" Scorpius called out worriedly.

Draco ruffled his son's hair. "You could even be a stinking Hufflepuff, Scorpius, and we will still be proud of you!"

Astoria blew a kiss to Scorpius. "See you at Christmas, honey!"

"I love you, mum, dad," Scorpius said, retreating back into the compartment.

"I love you too," Draco muttered.

He looked around and caught the eyes of Potter. Draco nodded curtly and turned away. He still remembered the way that Potter, Granger and Weasley took Skyler in, and for that, he shall forever be thankful for.

Harry had told Ginny of his short-lived relationship with Skyler, and of course she was angry, but how long could she remain angry with a dead friend?

Draco shook his head.

"Are you alright, Draco?" Astoria asked in concern.

"Of course," he answered quickly.

"Our little boy has grown up, hasn't he?"

Draco smiled, and the train began to move. "Yes, yes he did."

"We really do have to get to work, Draco-" Astoria began as soon as the train was out of sight.

"You go, I'll follow you later," Draco said.

Astoria nodded and kissed her husband quickly on the cheek before disapparating quickly. Draco didn't wait before he also disappeared and reappeared - in a grave yard.

He hadn't been there for nineteen years. The funeral was a blurry time period in his life, one that he did not want to remember.

It was easy to find the the plot.

"Skyler Taylor,
A small girl with a big heart,"
was engraved on the headstone.

Draco smiled wanly as he stared at the headstone. His mind was flooded with images of Skyler, running, smiling, swimming, crying, sleeping......

He stuck his hand into his pocket and drew out a gold necklace with the half-heart on in.

Before the funeral, he managed to convince Granger to plead that Skyler was buried with the gold bracelet around her wrist. Surprising, Frank Taylor approved of Draco's strange request.

"I know that I've kept this necklace all these years, nineteen to be exact," Draco said, knowing that somehow, Skyler would hear him. "I kept it because I wanted it to be a reminder of you. But then I realised something. I could never forget you, no matter how long I live. So I thought that you should have it, you know, to remind you of me in heaven, just in case you meet a cute angel boy up there."

At this point, tears were beginning to fill Draco's eyes. He wasn't a big believer on God, but he knew that people with pure hearts like Skyler could not just float around in death.

"I shall never forget you, Skyler, and I hope the other way goes around. My son went to Hogwarts, today was his very first day. If you were alive, it would be our son."

"You told me to go live my life, and that's what I did. I got married, Astoria's great, and now I've got a son too. But I want you to live your life too, in whatever dimension you are in."

Draco wrapped the gold necklace around the headstone, the half-heart dangling delicately, and he wiped his eyes.

"My God," he joked. "You were right Skyler, I'm talking to a headstone, I am going mad, like the second man in the Tale of the Three Brothers."

Draco shook his head, and looked overhead, at the clear, Skyler-blue sky. "I know you're out there," he whispered. "I just haven't found you yet."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________