Chapter 20

_________________

DRACOS P.O.V.

_________________

I watched as Snape muttered the words that I couldn't utter. I watched as Dumbledore stepped back and fell from the tower, the life leaving his eyes.

I did it, or rather, Snape did it.

I was going to live.

And Skyler wouldn't have to be so irrational to do something as stupid as to join me.

I thought of Skyler, stuck there in the Room of Requirement. I had asked the room not to let anyone else but me leave until midnight. I was sure that whatever happened would have finished by then.

"We have to move, now!" Snape said.

I turned around slowly, and walked.

*******************

We were immediately met by teachers and students. Snape, Bellatrix and all the other Death Eaters whipped out their wands quickly, but I lagged behind.

I didn't want to hurt innocent people, or the adults who taught me how to even use magic to begin with.

But I had no choice, and there were things I needed to do.

Bellatrix yelled maniacally as she hit one of the teachers.

I tried not to look at the students faces as I sent stunning spells at them, but their faces were imprinted in my eyes, shocked that a student within Hogwarts was helping Death Eaters.

And to think that Skyler wanted to be a part of that.

*******************

We cleared most of the opposition, but few floors down, we were met with more students and teachers. I saw some familiar faces, Granger, Weasley, the girl Weasley, Longbottom and Lovegood, among many others.

The atmosphere was thick with yelling and shouting as people cried their spells or cried from pain.

I tried to block out my ears as much as possible.

A Death Eater sent a spell at the ceiling, causing rubble and dust to fall, making it difficult to see.

But a face pierced my eyes.

I saw a short, wavy brown-haired head.

Skyler?

No, it can't be.

But it was.

I tried to hide behind a few Death Eaters, praying that she hasn't seen me.

But I knew that she has, she was running over.

"Avada Kedavra!" screamed Bellatrix.

I twisted around in horror.

I watched through the dust, trying to see if her body was hit.

Her body slumped forward, not moving, lifeless.

"SKYLER!!!" I let a scream erupt from my throat as I ran over, tripping from the rubble, over to her body.

Skyler was lying, her eyes closed, her face relaxed. She could have been sleeping.

But there was no doubt about it.

Skyler Taylor has left me.

It's all my fault.

It's all my fault..............

A strange numbness spread over me.