Chapter 39

"How did you even get in he-" Harry began, but was interrupted but Hermione's scream.

I sat down on the floor and placed my head between my legs, in an attempt to fight the dizziness that threatened to pull me under.

"Can you Apparate out of this cellar?" Harry asked quickly.

Dobby nodded.

"Can you take people with you?"

Dobby nodded.

"Alright, Dobby, take Skyler, Luna, Dean, and Mr Ollivander to...to-"

"Bill and Fluer's!" Ron added. "Shell Cottage on the outskirts of Tinworth!"

"And then can you come back, Dobby?" Harry asked.

Dobby nodded.

"We want to help you, Harry!" Luna said.

"Yeah, Harry!" Dean added.

"You'd be a right foul git if you think I won't stay here and help," I said, looking up from my position.

"GO!" Harry said. "Just GO! We shall meet you there!"

Luna, Dean and I walked to where Dobby was with Ollivander. I held on tightly to Dobby's shoulder, but at the last second, I let go and flung myself as far away as possible so I wouldn't get sucked into the dark tunnel. I landed on the floor, but the thud was overshadowed by the apparation CRACK.

"I should have known you'd do that," Harry groaned as he helped me up. I let go of his hands as soon as I was upright.

"Guys, be quiet, I can hear something!" Ron said.

In the distance, I could hear Lucius's voice. "What was that noise? By the cellar? Draco......no, get Wormtail to check it."

We stared at each other in horror before we jumped into action.

"Leave the lights on," Harry whispered to Ron as he grabbed my arm and pulled me to the wall on one side of the iron door. Ron did the same on the other side.

I could hear this "Wormtail" wheezing down the stairs, his footsteps getting louder as he neared the door. The door swung open and Wormtail stared at the apparently empty cellar. I saw that Wormtail was actually a scrawny, balding man.

Then suddenly, synchronised, Harry and Ron pounced on Wormtail. Ron tackled him to the floor and Harry placed a hand over his mouth. Wormtail struggled.

"Are you going to kill me, Wormtail?" Harry whispered. "After I saved your life?"

Wormtail's eyes widened and his struggles grew pitiful. Then suddenly, his arm shot towards his own neck. In the light, I could see that it was silver.

"What the-" Harry said.

"Stop him!" I cried.

"We're trying!" Ron said. Both Harry and Ron were trying to prise Wormtail's silver hand from his neck. It was strangling him, his face slowly turning blue.

Wormtail took one last wheezy breath and went still.

"Is he-" I began.

"Yes." Harry replied.

Ron took Wormtail's wand out of his hand and began walking up the stairs. "Come on," he whispered. Harry and I followed suit.

We tiptoed quietly to the door of the large drawing room. Bellatrix was standing in the middle, the goblin at her side, who was holding the Sword of Gryffindor. I couldn't see Draco, but I knew he was in there, as I could see Narcissa and Lucius. Hermione was on the floor by Bellatrix's feet, not moving.

My heart thudded.

No, Hermione can't be dead.

No.

No.

Hermione.

I fought the tears in my eyes.

"Well?" Bellatrix said.

"It is a fake," the goblin replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Good!" Bellatrix waved her wand at the goblin, and a cut appeared in his face. The goblin was pushed to the ground with a cry of pain. "Now, we can call the Dark Lord." Bellatrix pulled up her sleeve and pressed the Dark Mark.

I didn't know what I was expecting. Maybe an explosion of drums, or anything, to announce Voldemort's arrival. Nothing happened, only silence. Maybe he is travelling a long way to get here. Or maybe he isn't even coming. The thought relaxed me slightly.

But only slightly.

"I think," Bellatrix continued. "That we could dispose of the Mudblood. Greyback, you can take her if you want."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Ron shouted, running into the room, Harry and I close on his tail.

Bellatrix whipped around.

"EXPILLIARMUS!" Ron shouted, pointing with Wormtail's wand. Bellatrix's wand flew into the air and Harry caught it.

"STUPEFY!" Harry shouted, causing Lucius to fall.

Jinxes and hexes flew around, and I dived behind something solid. I was wandless, and I was very vulnerable in this situation. Harry dived behind the couch next to me.

"STOP OR SHE DIES!!!"

I had a fair inkling to as to who said it, and who would die, but I peered around the edge of the couch. Bellatrix was holding Hermione up by her hair. Her silver knife was pressed against her throat.

"DROP YOUR WANDS!" Bellatrix screamed.

Ron and Harry stayed still, knowing that if they did, we were all dead.

"DROP THEM! Or we shall see exactly how filthy her blood really is!" Bellatrix screeched, pressing the blade into Hermione's throat. I saw drops of blood running down Hermione's neck. Hating the sight of blood, I looked at Draco, only to find him already looking at me helplessly. I kind of blamed him for this situation. If only he had let me help Hermione, maybe she wasn't about to get murdered by his aunt. But Draco had tricked me. Betrayal filled me as I looked into Draco's eyes.

Some friend I was, I thought furiously. I couldn't help Hermione, who was an inch from death by Bellatrix's side. I couldn't help Harry defeat Voldemort, now Harry's death is nearing with every second. Ron, too, will end up dead. I couldn't help Draco, who had to follow Voldemort's every command like a mindless servant, or else death. I couldn't even help myself, the best option for my death here is a Killing Curse, the worst, being eaten by a werewolf.

A shudder went through me so powerful that I immediately felt dizzy again.

Harry dropped Bellatrix's wand. It clattered loudly in the floor. Ron did the same. Both boys put their hands over their heads in surrender.

We were all doomed.

"Good," Bellatrix said softly. "Draco, pick them up! The Dark Lord approaches Harry Potter! Your death is near!"

Draco, who was already holding all our wands, picked up Wormtail's one beside Ron's feet. He then came behind the couch and bent low and picked up Bellatrix's beside Harry's feet. Both Harry and Ron kept their faces on Bellatrix.

I felt a little nudge at my feet, and I glanced down. Draco, who was still bent on the floor, hidden from view by the couch, was by my feet. He placed his finger to his lip and slipped a wand into my pocket.

My wand.

Draco then stood up quickly, giving me a dirty look when he came into view. He shoved past me, almost knocking me down.

"Move it," he snarled as he walked towards his mother, his hand full of wands.

Except mine, which was in my pocket.

"Now, Cissy, I think we should tie up our little heroes again and they can watch Greyback taking care of the Mudblood. Then for more entertainment, he can continue with that filthy half-blood. I don't think the Dark Lord shall begrudge you the girls, Greyback, not after what you have done tonight."

My heart thudded. So, my death shall be being eaten by a werewolf, in front of Draco.

I glanced at him, and he ever so slightly nodded, though his eyes weren't on me. But I knew what he meant.

But before I could even whip out my wand, an odd creaking noise echoed around the room. We all looked up automatically.

Bellatrix screamed as she flung Hermione away from herself, and she dived out of the way as the chandelier fell on top of Hermione and the goblin.

The glass flew through the air, and I covered my eyes with my hands. The last thing I saw in the moment was Draco, his face bloody, wrestling Harry for the wands. Draco lifted his eyes towards me, and then gave up easily, letting Harry take the wands.

Ron pulled Hermione from the wreckage, and my heart began beating again as I realised that she was breathing. She was only unconscious.

"DOBBY!!" Narcissa screamed, pointing her wand at the elf, who walked into the room. "You made the chandelier fall?"

"You must NOT harm Harry Potter!" Dobby squeaked.

"Kill him Cissy!" Bellatrix shouted, but before any one could blink, Dobby snapped his fingers, and Narcissa's wand flew into the air and landed on the floor near me. I left it there, telling myself that it was a way of thanking Draco for giving me back my wand.

"You dirty little monkey!" Bellatrix screamed. "How DARE you take a witches wand, how DARE you defy your masters?"

"Dobby has no master! Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"

"Ron, catch, Skyler! GO!" Harry said suddenly, throwing a wand at either of us. I caught the one that Harry threw at me, even though my own one was still hidden in my pocket. Harry pulled the goblin, who was still holding the Sword of Gryffindor, out of the chandelier wreckage. We all clutched at Dobby, and were pulled into the black tunnel closely associated with Apparation.

The last thing I saw was Draco, the image of his bloody face twisting with me.

I landed heavily on grass, smelling salt in the air. I simply stayed down, too tired, too dizzy, too heart-broken to stand, or even sit up. I knew that having those short few minutes with Draco was miles better than nothing, but it somehow made me feel worse, like our meeting reopened the wound that our parting created. Tears pooled up in my eyes, but because I was lying with my face towards the sky, they stayed in, blurring my vision.

"DOBBY!" I heard Harry shout suddenly.

I jerked upright, and with great difficulty, stood up and stumbled over to Harry.

"HELP! HELP!" Harry continued. It was easy to see his desperation, Dobby had a knife in his chest, losing blood quickly. I could see that it was too late to save him. Dobby must have realised this too, as he pulled his lips into a weak smile.

"Don't die Dobby, please don't die, don't die," Harry said.

"Harry..........Potter.............," Dobby breathed, and then went still.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________