Chapter 11

There was only about two months left in the school year, and Hermione and I scoured nearly the whole library. I was close to giving up, but Hermione was determined. She never ever failed on any assignment, and the library never ever failed her before.

******************

One evening, when Hermione and I were still in the library, a small school owl flew in from the open window and landed on my shoulder. As soon as I untied the small envelope from its leg, it flew off immediately.

I opened it.

"Black Lake." It said, in neat handwriting.

Neat handwriting.

I looked closer.

With a pang, I realised that this handwriting was rather similar to the one that I received with my gold bracelet. How did I know? Because I slept with that note under my pillow.

Could this be the same person? I asked myself. And more importantly, could this really be Malfoy? My cheeks burned.

It was time to find out the truth.

I muttered a lame excuse before heading towards the Lake.

********************

______________________

DRACOS P.O.V.

______________________

I sat at a small four foot high cliff that was overlooking the Black Lake, anxiously waiting.

It was summer, so the sun was still up and giving lots of heat at 6pm.

What if she doesn't come? I'd look like a fool.

I waited, my heart hammering.

I heard a twig crack behind me, and I jumped up and swung around.

"She came," I thought, "She's here!"

***********************

"Hey, Malfoy, do you mind me asking why I got an owl telling me to meet you here?" Skyler asked, as she struggled through some bushes to get closer to me, her hair getting caught in the branches. I walked over to help her.

"I just want to talk," I said simply, after she was freed.

"Again?" She asked incredulously.

"Again." I replied, leading her edge of the cliff that I was sitting on.

She smiled slightly, which sent my heart rocketing. If only she knew who much I loved her. For the millionth time, I craved to give her the memory back. I pushed the ridiculous thought to the back of my head.

"Well what do you want to talk about?" Skyler asked, as she sat, dangling her legs over the edge of the cliff.

"Anything," I replied, feeling my mouth turn up into an involuntary smile, as I looked into her sky-blue eyes.

********************

"Malfoy, what have you been doing that's stressing you? Why do you always look so tired and sick?" Skyler asked, a few minutes into the conversation.

"Oh nothing," I replied lightly, trying to change the subject.

"Seriously, Malfoy, you look terrible, you don't even look like you have the energy to breath," Skyler urged, her eyes wide and concerned.

"What do you mean I have no energy?" I said indignantly. "I have so much energy that," I stood up and helped her up, "I'm going for a swim!" I began walking backwards towards the edge of the mini-cliff.

"Malfoy, are you insane?" You'll be in so much trouble!" Skyler cried, as she rushed forwards to pull me back.

I smiled down at her. "You didn't let me finish," I said. ".......And you'll be coming in with me!"

And with that said, I pulled her into a bear hug and jumped four feet into the water.

******************

The water was icy cold, and deeper than I expected. I couldn't reach the bottom where I was floating, so I doubted that Skyler would have been able to either.

The coldness of the water made my heart pump faster, as I surfaced the water, looking around for Skyler. She was a little bit away from me, thrashing around in the water.

"I ....can't.....swim," I heard her gasp as she tried to stay on the surface.

My blood froze and I immediately began swimming towards her. Idiot, I chastised myself mentally, I should have asked her first.

When I reached Skyler, she splashed my face with water, hitting my eyes, before diving under and surfacing a few metres away, laughing.

She tricked me! She is perfectly able to swim!

I looked at her, before chasing after her in the water.

******************

A few minutes or hours later, we swam into a shallower area, with the water reaching up to around our waists, and stopped, both of us panting with the exertion.

I looked at Skyler, her body soaping wet, her hair plastered on her face, her cheeks red, her mouth slightly open as she tried to suck in as much air as was physically possible.

I began laughing.

Skyler looked at me in confusion.

"Look at yourself," I replied.

Skyler looked down.

Her wet white shirt went see-through, allowing anyone within miles around to see her pink bra.

Skyler blushed deeply, looking away from me.

"Here, cover yourself up," I said hastily, as I took off my own shirt to hand it to her. I made sure that my inner left forearm was hidden or facing away from her at all times. I didn't want the subject of me being a Death Eater to ruin this perfect evening.

Skyler stared at me. I looked down self-consciously, wondering what she was staring at. Maybe I was too late in hiding the Dark Mark? I saw that the scars of that Sectumsempra Spell where still slightly visible. I glanced up at Skyler, but she wasn't staring at the scars, she was staring at my neck. I glanced down again, and saw the other side of the heart charm on her bracelet.

Yes, I frantically thought, I sent it to you, hoping that she'd understand what I was trying to say with my eyes.

Skyler brought her right hand up, the one with the bracelet, as if she wanted to see if the two sides of the heart made a whole, but quickly pulled it down. I caught her hand and placed it around my neck.

"You know, when I was nearly dying beside you in the bathroom, I was staring at you. Why? Because I wanted you to be the last thing I saw before I died," I whispered. I felt her shiver at the memory, her large blue eyes always on mine.

I suddenly swooped down and kissed her.

I knew that I shouldn't have done it, because I knew that in doing so, I may break the brick wall that I have placed in her brain, but I couldn't help myself.

____________________

SKYLERS P.O.V.

____________________

The sheer force and suddenness of the kiss made me stagger backwards in the water, but Draco's hands around my waist held me steady.

I had an internal battle. Why was he kissing me? What did this mean? What if anyone sees us? Does he really like me? He's a Slytherin, I'm a Gryffindor........

My arms and lips had a mind of their own, even though I remained undecided. My arms wrapped around Draco's neck and pulled him closer, and my lips kissed him back harder, making him moan.

I wanted to pull away. This wasn't right, even though my body stayed pinned against him. I wanted to stop this madness, but my senses where all shut down.

Draco pulled away from my lips, but I knew that he wasn't done yet. He began kissing my jawline, moving down slowly to my neck. I stayed still, my hands around his hair, my eyes closing and I sighed, as I enjoyed the touch of his lips on my neck.

The sound of my sigh seemed to remind Draco of my lips again, as he began kissing me, deepening our kisses slowly. His hands began to travel up my shirt, as my hands travelled down, feeling his long, elegant neck, and later his bare chest.

I didn't care about anything. I wouldn't have cared if Hermione or Harry or Ron or anyone walked by the Black Lake and saw this. I wouldn't have cared if this Lake was full of Grindylows that came and drowned us later. I had one thing on my mind, and that was that Draco was kissing me.

Draco's hands were at the small of my back, pulling me closer, even though there was no distance between us already. He began fumbling with my bra strap.

I pulled away at this point. Draco Malfoy or not, this was the first time I have ever done anything like this. I kept my face close to his, as he stared into my eyes, and I stared into his.

As I stared, I could feel something chipping in my head.

The brick wall, it was weakening!

But how?

Have I kissed Malfoy before?

Was that what was hidden behind the wall?