Chapter 47

_______________________
SKYLERS P.O.V.
_______________________

"Draco, you need to go," I whispered.

Draco shook his head. "No," he almost growled.

"Draco, you heard him. You are 'his force', so go retreat!" I urged, pushing him away slightly, giving myself more room, as I was still pressed up against the wall.

"Skyler, you HEARD him. He's going to kill everyone who concealed Potter. You've done so much more than that!"

"If Harry doesn't give himself up," I corrected him, a lump rising in my throat.

"Precisely, IF Potter gives himself up."

"Draco, you and I both know that Harry will go to Voldemort," I said, tears pooling in my eyes.

Draco sighed. "If you're sure."

I smiled weakly. "I need to go to the Great Hall, and check....." The words got caught in my throat.

"Don't worry Skyler, everyone will be alright," Draco whispered, giving me a hug.

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak, as tears cascaded down my face. I was too scared to go as witness the dead faces of my friends, my classmates, my teachers.....or my parents.

"Come on," Draco whispered.

******************

Draco left hurriedly, leaving my alone by the door of the Great Hall. I shuddered and walked in, looking everywhere for my parents' faces. I found them, luckily, though they were standing beside Weasley family.

My blood froze. I already knew what happened, but the tears began falling again.

"Skyler!" My mother cried, relieved, as she dragged me into her arms.

My dad sniffed, trying not the cry, as he also gave me a hug. "You're alright?"

"Alright."

"My big girl," my dad said softly, patting my head.

I nodded and turned around. I concentrated on the scene in front of me. In the middle of the hall, all the people who sacrificed their lives for the war were lined on the ground. I gulped as I glanced at the faces of mainly students, a couple of older people, who weren't parents. They probably were from the Order. My eyes found Tonks and Lupin. A large lump rose in my throat.

Hermione was comforting a sobbing Ginny as Ron, Percy, George, Mr and Mrs Weasley stood around in a circle around Fred's pale, still body. I bowed my head, and guilt filled me.

If only I had went to Fred's and Percy's help. I might have stopped the Death Eater from shooting the curse.

I blinked the tears furiously out of my eyes. I'm supposed to be the one to comfort my friends.

Speaking of friends, I glanced around.

Harry was nowhere to be seen.

I began walking out of the Hall.

"Skyler? Hermione called. "Where are you going?"

"Harry," I called back as I exited the Great Hall and stopped.

If I was Harry, where would I be? I asked myself. My mind shuddered. What if Voldemort's got him?

I banished that thought out of my head. No, everyone would know that, because Voldemort would hardly keep his victory to himself.

Harry always went to Dumbledore for comfort........ So he might be in Dumbledore's office!

The corridors and hallways were dark, dusty and empty. I began jogging to the stairs, prepared for the long climb. Before I could sprint up the steps, a hand landed on my mouth, and another on my arm.

"Sorry sweetheart," a sleazy voice whispered in my ear. "I'm on special orders from Bellatrix Lestrange."

The Death Eater pulled me down into what I recognised to be the Slytherin Common room, and cast a spell that chained me up to the wall. It wasn't long before the first curse hit me, and I screamed at the top of my lungs.

The sound echoed around the walls, interrupted by another one of the Death Eater's spells.

********************

_____________________
DRACOS P.O.V.
_____________________

I had waved my wand over me, whispering the Disillusion spell on myself, and I began walking to the Forbidden Forest, no doubt where the Dark Lord was waiting.

My heart suddenly began to speed up, making me sweat.

Was I worried about what happened, and will happen?

I took deep breaths as I began to walk around Hogwarts, the slope going further down until I was in the same level as the Forest.

As I passed the Lake, I thought of the day that Skyler and I spent there, swimming, talking, kissing........ My face flushed.

I suddenly heard a distant scream.

I glanced around. There was no one in sight, though it sounded as if the screamer should be within my line of sight.

Was this one of the Dark Lord's plans?

Another scream sounded, and this time, it was louder, and much closer.......

And familiar.

My blood froze.

Skyler!

Without a second thought, I sprinted back towards Hogwarts.

The Slytherin common room was under the lake, which means that she was there.

My heart thudded as I ran as fast as I could. The Disillusion charm was fading, but I didn't care, I sprinted past the Hogwarts students that were milling around the entrance. I didn't think they recognised me. Nor did they seem to be freaking out. Inside of Hogwarts, Skyler's screams were non-existent, for the Slytherin common room was too far below ground.

My feet pounded the ground as I nearly bulldozed through all the rubble and dust, trying to see my way to the common room.

As I began tumbling down flights of stairs, the screams got louder and more frequent, shuddering me to the bone. So that is what Skyler felt when she heard Bellatrix torture Granger, but she couldn't do anything about it, my doing.

As I sprinted towards the entrance of the common room, I heard a distinct male voice shout.

"As much as I enjoy hearing you scream, dear, you still haven't answered my question."

There was silence, for Skyler's reply must have been weak. I pushed my legs to run faster down the corridor.

"LIAR!" I was close enough to hear a slapping noise, and my stomach rolled as I imagined the Death Eater smacking Skyler's cheek, precisely where my father had hit her. "No matter, we'll see how you you last, before you break down like Longbottom's parents. There's no one here to save you."

At last I reached the entrance, and the door swung open, uninvitedly. With a gasp, and a stitch in my stomach, I charged into the room.

The first thing I saw was the Death Eater, and that was the last thing I saw for a long time.

"CRUCIO!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, my anger burning so hard that I felt my wand quiver, making my curse a lot more powerful.

The Death Eater dropped his wand and began twitching, before he slumped to the ground and let out a blood-curdling scream.

"CRUCIO!" I shouted again, and I made my way closer to him, kicking his twitching body as my curse tortured him.

"STOP! PLEASE!" The man cried, his eyes closed.

"Never,' I spoke, my voice a dead calm.

"Malfoy!" The Death Eater on the ground exclaimed. "So she was right! You ARE seeing that filthy half-blood."

My arm whipped back and the man's mouth was full of blood from my punch. "Don't let me EVER hear you say it again!"

"What does it matter, Malfoy? As soon as the Dark Lord finds out, you and your family are finished!"

"What makes you think that He'll find out?" I asked, my voice a deadly calm again.

The Death Eater's eyes widened as he comprehended my words. He scrambled for his wand, and took hold of it.

"EXPILLIARMUS!" I shouted, and the wand flew into my hands. I threw it behind my back. "Any last words?"

"The Malfoy family is a disgrace-"

"CRUCIO!" I shouted, and the man began screaming again.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The green flash hit the Death Eater squarely on the chest, and he stopped moving, his eyes open, lifeless.

I stood staring at him, panting, loathing the man with every fibre in my body. In a quick movement, I was over his corpse, kicking it time and time again.

"Draco," I heard a voice call. "Stop."

All the hatred vanished as I swivelled around to the voice.

All I could see was Skyler's face. It was bright red, on both cheeks, too red to be from the heat. No, that Death Eater had laid hands on her more than once. Her lip was split, and her hair was a bushy mess, but she had never looked more beautiful to me.

My line of sight zoomed out a little bit, and I saw that Skyler was in much more pain than what her voice had let on. Her entire body seemed to be covered in cuts and bruises, her throat was bleeding from a slit, her arm had a gaping wound and she was chained, cruelly, to the wall, a puddle of blood by her feet, which had collapsed.

"Skyler," I gasped, making my way over to her as fast as I could without tripping.

"Draco," she simply said, staring at my face, her voice quivered.

I tried to open the chains, but they wouldn't budge. I tried a few spells, but nothing. I cursed loudly.

"Try Fiendfyre," Skyler whispered.

"What?" I asked, bewildered.

"He used Dark chains, which cannot be broken except by other Dark spells."

"You want me to use the thing that nearly killed us back in the Room of Requirement around an hour ago?"

Skyler smiled weakly. "Yeah, our lives are really messed up."

"Skyler, what if it goes out of control, and then I can't get you out-"

"Draco, you're a great wizard, you can do it, I know you can."

I was about to object, but I saw that Skyler's face was considerably paling by the second.

I took in a shuddered breath.

If all goes wrong, I will stay here and burn to death too, I vowed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________