Chapter 25

Mrs. Weasley threw herself into Bill and Fluer's wedding preparations, and the jobs that she usually gave Ron, Harry, Hermione and I kept us apart.

"She knows that we will be leaving after the wedding, so she thinks that if she kept us separated, then we would need to stay longer to prepare," Ron explained one night, during a rare few minutes that we could have some free time. Harry, Hermione and I were in Ron's bedroom that he shared with Harry.

"Your mum's smart," Harry joked.

"Really Harry? We've got so much to worry about with all of us go missing, and you've got time to make jokes?" Hermione chastised him.

"Wait, what?" Harry asked.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Harry, if the four of us go missing from Hogwarts suddenly, they are bound to get suspicious and think that four of us went off somewhere, putting us on the list of people to find. Now, there's loads of muggle-borns that left the school already, so hopefully it would look like that I went with my parents too, but just in case, I obliviated myself from my parents memories, if the Death Eaters found them. Ron magicked that Ghoul up in his attic to look like he got some contagious disease. The ghoul will stay in Ron's bed, pretending to be sick, if any Death Eaters should come knocking. They wouldn't want to get anywhere near it to investigate, so that will take care of Ron. Everyone never expected you, Harry, to stay in school after, so that's ok. But Skyler, won't you be putting your parents in danger by coming with us?"

I froze at the sudden mention of my name. They were all staring at me.

Putting my parents in danger by going?

What type of question was that?

Of course I was endangering my parents.

I was endangering them, my friends and even myself by going.

I wasn't reliable, I was in love with a Death Eater, making me a liability.

But it was that love with Draco that made me want to end Voldemort, to end Draco's torture, so he can be free and happy.

Was I endangering everyone?

Sure.

But did I care?

Nope.

"My mum is thinking about leaving her job in the Ministry, but my dad refuses to resign, saying that it is a fight against 'good and evil' or something. Either way, if something goes bad, our family have a few places where they could go into hiding, so my parents are ok." I hadn't lied, precisely. I just twisted the truth. We did have a hide out, but I doubted my parents would use it.

They all nodded, before Mrs, Weasley burst in and gave us all separate jobs that kept us away until dinner.

****************

Finally the day of the wedding arrived. We were all exhausted by the time the day came. Hermione, Ginny and I spent the entire morning getting Ginny ready, she was the bridesmaid in honour. After her mum called her down, Hermione and I got ourselves ready. Hermione had more of that straightening potion, which we both used, and I still had some of that make-up that my mother had sent me a long while ago. I got an Owl from my mum a few days back with another dress, and high heels, for me. This one was another floor-length gown, but baby pink in colour. Ginny had gasped as I lifted it out if the box.

I stood I front of the mirror now, dressed and ready for the wedding. My make-up, which was simple, was done, my hair was dead straight and my dress flattered my skin tone, and my heels gave me a few extra inches in height.

"You look so pretty," Hermione said.

I smiled back at her. "Not as pretty as you!" I exclaimed. I don't know what Hermione had done to herself, but she really did look amazing. Her short, red dress flattered her tall frame, and her sleek hair was up in an elaborate hair style.

"Ron is going to love you," I teased. Hermione raised her eyebrows amusedly and said nothing.

****************

I made my way down the stairs by myself, Hermione told me that she needed to pack something and that she'll be done in a minute.

As I entered the kitchen, I stumbled on the strangest sight.

Ginny and Harry were in an embrace, kissing furiously.

I pulled a face. If that was what I looked like when I kissed Draco, then perhaps I should keep kissing him to a minimum.

George came up behind me and cleared his throat loudly. "Morningggg....."

Harry and Ginny jumped apart comically, Ginny flushing, Harry grinning sheepishly.

"Yeah, be happy that it was I that came in, not mum," George joked.

It was, at that moment, that Mrs. Wealsey did come in.

"Harry, Skyler, come on, you need to drink this Polyjuice Potion!"

I groaned. Fred and George snuck into a muggle village and managed to steal hairs of some unsuspecting muggles. We were going to pretend to be some distant Weasley relatives. They hadn't invited any Death Eaters, but you can never be too careful, apparently. Harry was a major target, obviously, and I was too, because of my dad. Hermione didn't need to, and I envied her.

The potion burned as it went down, and it tasted horrific, and I went to look in the mirror. I nearly died of shock. I had never seen someone else stare out at me before. The girl I had changed into was tall, with red hair and plenty of freckles. What's worse was that my make-up didn't suit this girl's face.

"Let's go fix you up," Ginny said after seeing my expression, and she dragged me up the stairs.

*******************************

The wedding was beautiful. The tent was packed with people in the party, and the air was merry with the laughs and chatter. Music played in the background and Bill and Fluer, and other couples, were dancing. I noticed Hermione dancing with a tall, burly guy that I didn't recognise.

"That's Viktor Krum," Ginny informed me as she noted my confusion. "Hermione had a thing for him back in her fourth year."

I nodded. Well that explained Ron's sour face as he stared at the couple. I began making my way to him.

"Blimey, I barely recognised you," Ron exclaimed.

"You know, you could ask her to dance, you know," I suggested. It was strange to be able to look down on people.

"Who? Fluer? She looks a bit busy right now."

"No," I said patiently. "Hermione!"

"Now why would I ask her to dance, Sky- I mean. Bridget?" Ron called me the name we previously agreed to.

I rolled my eyes and decided to say nothing, letting Ron stay in his green cloud of jealously.

It wasn't long before a guy asked me, or the girl he thought I was, to dance.

**********************

"The Ministry has fallen..........."

"The Minister of Magic is dead........"

"They are coming........"

The silver Patronus disappeared, along with Kingsley's voice, and chaos began. People began screaming and running to their children as black smoke shot through the tent - Death Eaters.

I pushed through the rushing crowd. "Harry! Ron! Hermione!" I called. My wand burned in my pocket, but I knew I couldn't use it, and I felt a lot more vulnerable.

Suddenly, I was yanked back, and I was pulled through a tight, squeezing tunnel-Apparation. I opened my mouth in a scream, and I slammed into a busy street.

"Everyone at the wedding," a familiar voice said worriedly.

I spun around and sighed with relief. It was Harry - whose Polyjuice potion was beginning to run out- and Ron, and Hermione. I had thought I was kidnapped by the Death Eaters.

"Damn it, we've got nothing packed," Harry said suddenly. I frowned at that realisation too. We should have suspected something like this to happen.

Hermione glanced down at her small beady bag nervously.

"Hermione, do you mean to tell me....." Harry began. Ron gawked at the bag.

Hermione sighed exasperatedly and pulled us down a small, empty alley. "Yes! I thought that something like this was going to happen, so before the wedding I went into your rooms and packed all the essentials that you guys have packed for days."

I smiled. So that's what was she doing.

"Hermione, I need a change of pants, please," I said, smiling widely as I held out my hand.

Hermione smiled back at me. "Of course, Skyler. Would you rather you jeans, or your tracksuits?" she asked, opening the bag.