Chapter 4

The first Quidditch match of the season was between Gryffindor and Slytherin, and Harry, as team captain, felt the pressure. He scheduled practise almost every evening, leaving me and Hermione to finish Harry's and Ron's homework. We bonded during those lonely evenings. I know think of Hermione as my sister. As a result, I became part of the group even more. They told me about Harry's Invisibility Cloak and the Mauraders Map. I didn't expect to be told everything, and I wasn't, but at least I knew what was going on a bit better.

**********************************

The day of the big match came. After nearly a month of extensive training preparing for this match, Harry rounded up his team, to give them a pep talk. Hermione and I stayed close by, waiting to give Ron and Harry our good luck wishes. Hermione looked annoyed, she told me that Harry put some Felix Felicis into Ron's drink, which is illegal to do for organised sport.

The circle broke up eventually, cheering as the team walked towards the pitch. Hermione wished the boys good luck, and left, but not without looking at Harry accusingly. Before I could follow Hermione, Harry pulled me to the side.

"Skyler, can I ask a huge favour from you?" Harry asked.

"Of course Harry," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"I just heard that Malfoy dropped out of the match because he was supposedly sick. But the last time he was unable to play, he had the whole match rescheduled. I don't think that he wants people inside for a while, and I want to know why. I know that this is the first time that you'll see a Quidditch match around here, and I'm really sorry to ask this from you, but could you tail Malfoy for me? I would have sent Hermione, but she has attended every match so far, so if she disappears, it would look suspicious. But you're new, and not everyone knows you well enough to be suspicious..." Harry whispered quickly, his eyes questioning.

"Of course Harry, I'm surprised you even had to ask. Just go out there and win one for the team," I said smiling. God that sounded so cheesy. But I was so honoured that I could be trusted with this seemingly important job. I wasn't a big Quidditch fan either, so I didn't mind. Besides, a free excuse to follow Malfoy? I'm all up for it!

"Great Skyler, you're the best," Harry beamed, "now my cloak and the map are in my room, hidden in my trunk. Good luck, and see you later!" Harry walked away, after giving me a quick hug.

*************************

Invisible, and clutching the Marauders map, I snuck out of the Gryffindor common room.

"Who goes there?" the Fat Lady asked, as she couldn't see the person who opened the door.

"You're worst nightmare," I said, in what I hoped was a convincing imitation of Peeves.

The Fat Lady shrieked. I giggled quietly. God, I was getting seriously hyper on this mission

*********************

It took me a while to find Malfoy, even thought the map was practically empty. I have never used it by myself before. I eventually found him, on the second floor. By the time I reached it, he was nowhere to be seen. I checked the map again, seventh floor. Again, nowhere to be seen. Fourth floor, and it went on. I could hear the Quidditch game starting in the distance.

Malfoy eventually settled on the seventh floor. Knowing that he most likely would rush into the Room of Requirement (which Hermione only told me about two weeks ago), I ran up the stairs, taking two at a time. By the time I reached the seventh floor, I was gasping for breath.

I stood for a while, trying to slow my heart beat, while watching the map, making sure Malfoy doesn't budge. He was in the classroom right next to where the Room of Requirement should be. What was he doing in there? I thought.

"Mischief Managed," I whispered, and the map immediately turned into an old looking parchment.

I silently moved across the floor, until I found the classroom Malfoy was in. The door was slightly open, so I peeked inside. Malfoy was standing by the teacher's desk, examining a labelled diagram of a large wardrobe-looking cabinet.

A Vanishing Cabinet.

Why would Malfoy be looking at that diagram? There weren't any ones around the school, unless....

It's inside the Room of Requirement. I knew what this meant. If Draco found its twin, anyone could bypass all the security measures and enter the very heart of Hogwarts. I gasped at my revelations. That was a mistake.

Malfoy's hand shot out from the open door, and grabbed at empty air, before seizing my arm and pulling me in, shutting the door behind me. I tripped and fell to the ground. He ripped off the Invisibility Cloak, hesitating slightly when he saw it was me. He expected Harry, I realised. I saw something flash in his eyes. Whatever it was, it was replaced by anger.

Malfoy picked me up roughly and pinned me against the wall, his hands tight around the top of my arms, like pincers.

"What were you DOING?!" Malfoy snarled, his eyes like an open furnace.

"Nothing, I wasn't doing anything, I was just walking around the school and... I noticed you were in here," I made up wildly. I was always a terrible liar.

"With Harry's Invisibility Cloak?" Malfoy sneered. "I don't think so. And I thought that Harry would have been smarter than trying to cross my plans again, the last time he tried, it didn't turn out so well for him."

It clicked. Harry, leaving the compartment in the train with a strange material in his hands, now that I can identify to be the Invisibility Cloak. Harry's nose, bloody and broken. Hermione telling me that he was attacked by Slytherins. It was Malfoy.

"You.. Harry's nose.. No," I stuttered, utterly speechless.

Malfoy smirked at my face. I was shocked. Draco Malfoy, kicking someone in the face. He wasn't the best behaved person around, but this was hard to get around. What had his parents taught him?

His parents. One already sent to Azbakan for being a Death Eater.

Oh No.

"Death Eater," I managed to stutter.

Malfoy's eyes glinted. He leaned in closer. "And I bet you can connect another incident with me too," he whispered dangerously, "one involving jewellery."

At this, my knees weaken, but my anger flared. "What did Harry or Katie ever do to you?" I shrieked, putting in as much venom into my voice as I can muster.

"Relax Ms. Taylor and stop with the shrieking, no one is going to come for a long time," he smirked. I realised what he meant. Everyone was at the Quidditch match. He could murder me right here and now, and there would be no proof against him. My heart began beating wildly. "And in answering your questions, Harry simply deserved it. But I didn't mean to get Katie, Madame Rosemerta gave the necklace to the first female student she found."

"Madame Rosemerta?" I muttered. The cheery, plump waitress at the Three Broomsticks, a Death Eater?

Draco read my mind. "No, she's under my Imperius Curse. The necklace was supposed to kill someone, but the package never reached." He urged, sneering.

I tried to think from a Death Eater's point of view. Everyone knew that Voldemort hated one person in the world. Harry Potter. But Harry was behind Katie when she had the necklace. If it was meant for him, then she could have just turned around and given it to him there and then. No, so who else would Voldemort want to get killed?

"Dumbledore," I gasped. Malfoy's dangerous smile widened. I wasn't particularly close to the Headmaster, but I knew that if it wasn't for him, one of the best wizards in the world, that Hogwarts would have been overrun by Death Eaters a long time ago. Kill Dumbledore, and everyone in this school is as good as dead.

"Let me go Malfoy," I said, as threateningly as I could, struggling. My fingers were going numb from lack of blood, Malfoy still had a strong grip on my arms.

He laughed menacingly. "So you can run straight to Dumbledore the first chance you get? I think not. I may not be in Ravenclaw, but I'm not stupid, Taylor." His grip tightened, and I whimpered involuntarily.

Malfoy leaned in, staring at me, contemplating something. I struggled even harder, but he didn't seem to notice. Being the smallest girl around rendered me with weak, pathetic muscles. I couldn't even reach my wand.

"I get it now....." Malfoy said thoughtfully.

"Get what?" I said irritably, hoping to distract him so he can loosen his grip. He didn't.

"Your eyes, your name. Your eyes are bright and blue, just like the sky, Skyler," he said, in the softest voice that could have ever escaped his lips.

His face was inches away. His sentence disarmed me. Here I was, thinking of ways to kill Malfoy, and here he was, pinning me up against the wall, and talking about my eyes? I had asked my parents ages ago, when I was six, why they had named me Skyler. They replied telling me it was because of my eyes.

I looked into Draco's eyes. The blue-grey, which was usually ice cold, were liquid warm. I only just realised how close we were, maybe a few centimetres apart.

Then, without warning, Draco leaned in, and kissed me.

********************************

I stood, completely frozen, as one of his hands left my arm and tangled itself in my hair, while the other reached the small of my back, pulling me towards him. I felt his heart beating wildly, and that got a response from me, and I was suddenly kissing him back. I ignored my friends and what they would have said, I ignored the fact that I supposedly hated him, I ignored the fact that he was in Slytherin, and I kissed him back. I clutched at his hair and pulled him closer, somehow trying to merge us into the one person. Draco pressed me up against the wall and began kissing my neck, moaning softly. Minutes or hours later, once I've had my lips to myself again, I suddenly remembered who we were.

"Malfoy," I said. Draco continued to kiss my neck, slowly making his way up towards my lips again.

"Draco, stop," I said sternly, placing my hands on his chest and pushing him slightly.

Draco pulled away. He looked down at me for a few seconds, with those now-liquid eyes of his, and smirked. "That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." He leered.

______________________

DRACOS P.O.V.

_____________________

"Not as bad as I thought it would be," was an understatement, and a big one. I didn't know what happened to me, I got a strong urge and I followed it. Looking down at her now, I could see it was a mistake.

Stupid, how could I let this happen in the middle of His plan, I chastised myself mentally. The Dark Lord entrusted me with His plan, and here I am, wasting time kissing Skyler, when I should be trying to fix the Vanishing Cabinet. I cursed myself.

I slide my hands away from Skyler and walked to the middle of the classroom, my back turned to her. She stood, frozen into place. I knew that she wasn't going to move any time soon.

What am I going to do? I frantically thought. She knew the Dark Lord's plan, the one very few people knew. I don't know why I told her. Pathetic git, I cursed at myself. If the Dark Lord knew of this, He would give her a choice, become a Death Eater, or death itself. I glanced back at Skyler. She was still there, her hair, soft, thick and heavy, lay around her shoulders, her eyes wide and wet, her cheeks still flushed. I had a strong urge to go to her and comfort her, she seemed so broken. I also knew that she would rather die than become a Death Eater.

No, I could not let the Dark Lord kill her, but if I let her go, she would surely tell someone, thus disabling my plan which the Dark Lord has threatened me to complete.

From the very first time I saw her, I liked her. I liked her vulnerable face, her hair, the way her lips moved as she spoke, but I hide my feelings well. It was here, at this very moment, when faced with the fate of her life, that I realised that I didn't like her, I loved her.

There was only one thing to do, I decided. It would kill me, but I had no choice. I never had, even from the very beginning of this entire mess. If the Dark Lord found out, I'll take the full blame. But not Skyler, please not Skyler. If she had no memory of the entire scene, then she won't endanger herself....

I turned around quickly, whipped my wand out blindingly fast and shouted "OBLIVI-".

_______________________

SKYLERS P.O.V.

_______________________

"EXPILLIARMUS!!" I shouted, and Draco's wand flew into the air, and I caught it. I continued to point my wand at him, while in my other hand, I clutched his wand behind my back.

Draco's eyes widened. It was hard to look at him like this, after what happened with him, after what he said. It went against every fibre in my body to point my wand at someone who was wandless, but it had to be done.

Draco took a few steps towards me. "I can explain, Skyler, please just give me my wand, I won't hurt you, I promise."

"Stay away from me," I snapped, my voice breaking towards the end.

His eyes melted as my voice broke. "Skyler please, I wouldn't need to do this if I had a choice." He begged, taking another few steps.

"Stay BACK," I managed to snarl.

Draco took the last few steps, my wand now was point directly at his heart, which was an inch away from the tip of the wand.

"Just think of what the Dark Lord would do to me if I failed His plan Skyler. He'll go after my mother, my father, me." Draco whispered.

My resolve broke.

"I love you." He whispered.

As quick as lightening, Draco pulled my wand out of my grip and -

___________________

DRACOS P.O.V

___________________

"Stupefy!" I shouted, the jinx hitting Skyler. She slumped forward, dropping my wand.

"Skyler," I muttered, dropping her wand and rushing to her body. I turned her facing upwards and placed her head on my lap.

"Skyler, I am so sorry, I had no choice, He has my family on a tight grip, Skyler, you must know this. He thinks my father failed Him when he didn't return with the Prophecy, and He expects me to pay the debt. He told me that He'd kill me and my family if I failed. Skyler, I'm so sorry, so sorry." I muttered, wiping my eyes, I didn't realise I was crying.

I crawled to the nearest wand, Skyler's, and held it for what it seemed to be a long time, wondering if I was cruel enough to do it. Not for my sake, even though it will kill me, but for Skyler's. I thought of the fate she had in store if the Dark Lord found out. My resolve hardened.

I kissed her forehead, and whispered, "I love you, don't you ever forget it," before I pointed Skyler's wand at herself and whispered, "Obliviate," my voice breaking.

I stared out of the window, hearing the distant Quidditch match. It was only the beginning of the second-half.