Chapter 41

"She tasted disgusting, worse than Gurdyroots! Ron, Skyler, come here so I can do you...." Hermione said from Bellatrix's body.

"Right, but remember, I don't like the beard too long-" Ron said.

"For heaven's sake, it's not about looking handsome-"

"No, not that, it just gets in the way! And I liked my nose short, try and do it the way you did last time."

Hermione began waving her wand at Ron's face, and then mine. We are going to be given completely fake identities, while Harry and Griphook shall be covered by the Invisibility Cloak.

"There, how do they look, Harry?" Hermione asked.

I looked at Ron. His hair was long and wavy, he had a thick brown beard and moustache, heavy eyebrows, no freckles and a short nose. I, on the other hand, didn't need a mirror to know how I looked like. Hermione had spent days practising on turning me into a woman with millions of freckles, highly arched eyebrows, a pair of bright green eyes, a sharp nose and chin with blonde hair cut short.

"Well, they aren't my type, but they'll do," Harry joked. "Shall we go then?"

We all began walking the distance away from the Cottage so we could Dissapparate.

"I shall get up now, Harry Potter, I think?" Griphook asked.

Harry stooped and Griphook clambered up Harry's back, his arms linking in front of Harry's neck. Hermione threw the Invisibility Cloak over them.

"Perfect," Hermione said, checking Harry's feet. "I can't see anything, now lets go."

I clutched hands with Hermione and we Dissapparated to the door of the Leaky Cauldron.

"Madam Lestrange," murmured Tom, the landlord.

"Good morning," Hermione replied, and I cringed.

"You're being too nice, Hermione," I whispered out of the corner of my mouth. "You need to treat people like they're scum."

"Ok, ok!" Hermione pulled out Bellatrix's wand and tapped a brick. The wall opened up into Diagon Alley.

Diagon Alley has changed a lot since the last time I was there. It was dark, empty silent. Most of the shops were closed, and there was barely any shoppers about. Harry's face was covering every window, every wall, with the caption "Undesirable Number One."

We began walking down the street. There were beggars on the side of the road, and they all began to huddle and move out of the way, giving "Bellatrix" a wide berth. Suddenly a bandaged man hobbled in front of Hermione.

"My children!" the man howled. "My children, where are they? What has he done with them? You know, you KNOW!"

"I - I really..." Hermione stuttered.

The man suddenly flung himself at her, his hands reaching for her throat. I stifled a gasp, but before I could reach into my pocket for my wand, the man was flung back by a flash of red light, unconscious. Ron had his wand up.

We hurried to leave the scene, but of course, our luck wasn't the best.

"Why, Madam Lestrange!"

I internally groaned and turned around, and froze. Travers, a Death Eater, was walking towards us. I recognised him as my father used to have a large office in our house. He would keep tabs on every single Death Eater known, with pictures, descriptions, height, hair colour etc. I may or may not have snuck in there, as a child, just so then I could peek at my father's Death Eater profiles.

The thought of home shattered my heart. For months, I disciplined myself to not think of my parents, knowing that they were the only reason that would cause me to leave this mission. I knew that they were safe. Both of their jobs, which had secured them financially, allowed them to quite their jobs in the Ministry. They also moved to a house into a place where no one would ever think Frank and Rebecca Taylor would have moved. My parents now live as muggles, in a muggle estate, near my muggle cousins. Both of my parents meet with the Order of the Phoenix, in which they were invited to after I left with Ron, Harry and Hermione.

I gulped as I remembered the letter that they had sent me, telling me all the information above. It was signed by "Yorlat," an anagram of Taylor. I burnt the letter, a necessary precaution, in case our tent was ever raided, which it was, a week later, by the Snatchers, but I did send a quick one back, telling them I was still alive, and that I got their letter.

I have not heard of my parents since.

"And what do you want?" Hermione said coldly, not realising that Travers was a Death Eater.

Travers was standing right in front of us, so I couldn't whisper to inform Hermione of who he is. Thankfully, I heard Harry's minuscule voice telling Hermione the truth. I could feel my heart stutter.

"I merely sought to greet you," Travers said coolly. "But if I am not welcome here....."

"No, no, not at all, Travers," Hermione said quickly, trying to cover up her mistake. "How are you?" I mentally cringed again. Why was Hermione so nice?

"Well, I must confess, I am surprised to see you out and about, Bellatrix."

"Oh really? Why?"

"Well I heard that the inhabitants of the Malfoy Manor were confined to the house, after the ah...escape."

My heart spluttered. Draco was a Malfoy. He was in the Malfoy Manor. Voldemort has them locked in? Why? What could he be doing to them, for "allowing" us to escape? My mind flashed to the cellar, where Draco was chained to the wall, and Voldemort stood above him, shouting "Crucio," again and again, before saying "Avada Kedavra," ending Draco's life.

It took all of my willpower not to burst into tears at that moment.

"The Dark Lord forgives those who have served him most faithfully in the past," Hermione said, perfectly imitating Bellatrix's snobby manner. "Perhaps your credit is not as good with him as mine, Travers."

"Who are your friends?" Travers asked, looking at Ron and I. "I don't recognise them."

"Dragomir and Despitore Despard," Hermione said, pointing at first Ron then me. "They speak very little English, but they are in sympathy with the Dark Lord's aims. They have travelled here from Transylvania to see out new regime."

"Indeed? How are you doing?" Travers spoke loudly, as if speaking to a deaf person.

"'Ow you?" Ron said in a foreign accent, extending his arm.

Travers held out two fingers, and shook Ron's hand as if he was dirty.

"So, what brings you and your ah - sympathetic friends - to Diagon Alley this early?"

"I need to visit Gringotts."

"Alas! I also! Gold, filthy gold. We cannot live without it, but I must admit, I deplore the necessity of consorting with our long-fingered friends."

I wondered if Travers would be as brave if he knew that there was a goblin standing not five feet away.

"Shall we?" Travers continued.

We began walking silently. Ron and I were whispering loudly in garble, hoping Travers thought it was a foreign language.

***************

Hermione walked up to a counter.

"Madam Lestrange!" the goblin behind the counter exclaimed.

"I wish to enter my vault."

"You have........identification?"

"I - I have never been asked for identification before!"

I heard Griphook's whisper. "They know! They have been warned that there might be an imposter!"

I gasped inwardly. My heart was pumping loudly.

"Your wand will do, Madam."

I mentally screamed at Hermione. If the goblins knew that there might be an imposter, they would also know that Bellatrix's wand was stolen, by none other than Harry Potter and his friends.

"Act now, act now!" Griphook whispered. "The Imperius Curse."

I assumed that Griphook was talking to Harry. My hunch was correct, for the goblin's face relaxed slightly before it was normal again, and Ron, Hermione and I hadn't moved a muscle,

The goblin took the wand and examined it. "Ah, it seems that you've gotten a new wand, Madam Lestrange!"

"A new wand?" Travers asked as he walked over.

Travers' face also relaxed for a second. "Oh yes, I see, yes, very handsome. Does it work well?"

Hermione looked from the goblin to Travers, bewildered, but kept her cool.

"Now if you follow me," the goblin said, grabbing an old leather bag. "I shall lead you to your vault, Madam Lestrange."

"His name is Bogrod," I heard Griphook whisper to Harry.

*****************

"We're in trouble, they suspect," Harry said as we got into the cart. He took off the Cloak, exposing himself and Griphook. Both Hermione and Ron looked alarmed, and glanced at Bogrod and Travers, whose faces remained blank.

"They're Imperiused," Harry explained.

"What will we do? Will we get out while we can?" Ron asked.

"If we can," Hermione added, glancing at the door we just exited from.

"We got this far, I think we should go on." Harry said.

"Agreed," I added. If Voldemort really was torturing Draco, then I wanted to get that Horcrux in any way possible.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________