Chapter 16

"Skyler!" I said, as I passed her in the hallway. She was going towards the Slytherin common room.

That's weird. If she did get her memory back, she would have run straight to Dumbledore. Maybe she didn't get them back, maybe the memories in the vial passed their expiration date or something.

My heart broke as I realised that if that was true, then I can never give her the memory back.

Skyler slowed down and turned around, seeing me for the first time. Her eyes were darting around, making sure that we were alone, before she dragged me to a nearby classroom.

I got a good look at her. Her hair was wet, her hands and neck were bloody, her cheeks were flushed and slightly bruised and her eyes were wide, and disbelieving.

"Skyler," I began, shocked at her beat-up appearance, "what happened?" I tried to wipe her neck clean, but she pulled away.

"You should be the only one to know that, Malfoy," Skyler replied, her knowing eyes on me.

My blood thickened.

"Skyler,...You....couldn't, how?.....why would you put yourself through that?....." I struggled, trying to make coherent sentences.

She drank the Potentarium, one of the most dangerous, painful potions known. It explains her bruised, bloody appearance.

She drank it for me, because of what I've done to her, for her.

She remembers.

My heart skipped a beat.

She knows.

*******************

___________________

SKYLERS P.O.V.

___________________

I watched as Draco struggled for words. I wanted him to have his say before I had mine.

"Draco." I said, putting one of my fingers to his lips in an effort to shut him up.

"I remember everything. I know that you're the person that broke Harry's nose. I know the Madam Rosemerta is under your Imperius Curse, and that she gave that cursed necklace to Katie Bell, which was meant for Dumbledore, but nearly killed her. I know that you're the one who also nearly killed Ron when you gave Professor Slughorn the poisoned mead, thinking that he'll give it to Dumbledore. I know that you are a Death Eater, and that Voldemort said that he will kill you and your family if you don't kill Dumbledore soon. I know that you're trying to fix a Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement, so you can use its twin to allow more Death Eaters into Hogwarts. I know that you preformed that charm on me to protect me from myself, knowing that in your wildest dreams that I would never be able to undo it, or drink the Potentarium....." I paused as I took a breath.

"Draco, I know all that, and yet, I'm still here, and back that day, you didn't give me a chance to say something to you...." I continued.

"I love you too," I whispered.

I had barely taken away my finger from Draco's lips, waiting for his reply, before his lips landed on mine, hungry and longing.

I didn't resist.

*********************

This kiss was different than our others. Our first kiss, which I only remembered a few minutes ago, was fast, quick and intense. Our second, by the Lake, was hesitant.

This kiss was slow, passionate and increasing in heat.

Draco wrapped his arms around me and pressed me against the wall, allowing me to feel every curve of his body. My fingers were interlocked in his hair, my lips moving with his in ways I never knew they could.

Draco pulled away and began grazing my ears, jawline and neck, making me shiver, while I explored his back and chest with my arms.

Draco began kissing me again, deepening our kisses slowly.

Neither Draco or I noticed when the door opened, or maybe we were too busy.

"Skyler!" yelled a familiar voice.

Draco and I jumped apart. With my back to the wall and Draco standing in front of me, I had to look around him to see who our interrupter was.

Hermione.

She was standing still, pale with shock at what she had just witnessed.

"Hermione, please, it doesn't look like-" I began.

"Doesn't it? After spending weeks helping you, you leave me without saying anything and get busy with Malfoy? I knew you were up to no good!" Hermione snapped at me, before turning around and walking out.

"Wait Hermione!" I cried, as I made a move to follow her.

Draco's arms caught me.

"Let her go," he whispered into my ear, before pulling me into a kiss.

**********************

In between our kisses, I gasped. Draco's arm was burning.

I pulled away, took his left arm and pulled up the sleeve.

There, engraved in the skin of his inner left forearm, with black ink, was the Dark Mark.

I gasped involuntarily. I knew that he was a Death Eater, but seeing the Dark Mark finalised it. I touched the skin around the Mark, it was burning hot.

Draco's eyes were on me, wary. "Skyler," he began, his voice husky.

I shook my head, as I wrapped my hands around his head and placed my lips on his.

"Is it fixed?" I murmured in between our kisses.

"Yes," Draco murmured against my lips.

"When?" I asked, knowing that he would fully understand my question.

Draco sighed, his cool breath washing over my face. "Tomorrow night."

I froze. I knew that the day was coming soon, but I thought it would be weeks.

Not days.

Not hours.

Draco lowered his lips again.

************************

Minutes, hours, or even days later, we pulled away, keeping our faces close.

"I want to spend the night with you," Draco whispered.

I pulled away further and my eyes widened.

Draco chuckled.

"Not in that way, Skyler. I don't care what we do for the night. We could play Wizards Chess, or go swimming, or go to the library, study....... It's your choice. All I ask is that we spend a night together, alone, doing whatever you want, before tomorrow...."

I knew what he meant. Tomorrow, he would leave, pursuing his life as a Death Eater.

It killed me to know that he was going to leave me to pursue something he greatly wishes he wasn't a part of.

I looked into his ill-looking face, his tired eyes, and took his hand and pulled him out of the classroom.