Cindy

Cindy's P.O.V

I ducked and hid in the cotton candy shack.
Why this?
I don't even remember how I got here, I don't remember why I'm running either.
I turn around to face what I'm running from because real niggas ain't scared of shit.

A long shadow grows closer and closer but the actual figure is very far away.
My mouth dropped as a tall colorful man with shaggy hair and a white face appears before me.

Clowns.

Why?

I scream in my highest most powerful voice.

"HELP ME!"

Another clown jumps out next to me and I fall backward. His teeth razor sharp and his eyes crazy. I start crying and screaming out at him.

It's not my time to die; I get up and run the opposite way. But clowns are appearing everywhere. They're climbing out of the ground, out of games and shops. My mind starts spinning as I realize there's no where to run.

My tears cover my eyes and everything is blurry, the clowns all gather closer to me.

And as one in particular with green hair and long broken fingernails comes closer; I remember it all.

Why I'm afraid of clowns
Where it came from
And why I had blocked it out so many years ago.

No P.O.V
3 years before Huey and Riley came to Woodcrest

Today was the seventh of May.
There was a certain girl who was to have a birthday today.

Well that girls mother didn't pay much attention to her child and her father was spending the day working; but he promised he would make it up to his favorite little princess.

Lydia, (the girls mother) had bought a cake for her little girl and had invited over a babysitter for her daughter so she could go out tonight. Lord knows she didn't want to be cooped up at the house.

So the little girl spent the day with her babysitter, who didn't pay much attention to her; she mainly sat and talked on the house phone.

The little girl didn't mind too much, she was used to being alone.
She cut her own cake and sang happy birthday to herself.

As Mollie (the babysitter) sat and talked on the phone, the doorbell rang and The little girl sprang up to answer it.
She hoped that it had been another neighborhood child coming to play with her this fine day.
Her one friend had given her a birthday card the day before.

She told her that she was going out of town so she couldn't come to her party but she wrote her a pretty birthday card in pretty letters, and bought her the newest bratz doll that had came out.

But of course it wasn't her friend at the door.

The little girl's eyes lit up; "Hi! I'm BoBo the clown! Don't you wanna have fun today!"

Her father had sent something to keep her happy!

She smiled from ear to ear. Oh how she loved her surprise.

Although BoBo had been a great gift to her, he seemed different.

BoBo had shaggy green hair, a twisted blue nose, and long dirty broken fingernails.

But of course the little girl hadn't noticed.

BoBo was such a joy! He had many jokes and he shared a birthday cake with her. What fun it was!
Shortly after BoBo asked the little girl a question, "Would you like to play a special game?"
The little girl nodded her head yes and smiled . She was very curious.
"Well you can't tell anyone about this game, or else it won't be fun anymore! Okay?" BoBo smiled at the young girl, with his crooked teeth.

She pretended to lock her mouth shut and swallow the key.

The young girl led BoBo upstairs to her room and wondered curiously what type of game it was.

BoBo closed the door behind him and unbuckled his pants.

This wasn't the kind of game that the little girl had ever played before.

Soon Molly had noticed the silence of the young girl and went upstairs to check on her.
As she opened the door she screamed as she saw BoBo buckling his pants back up and the smile wiped from the little girls face.

The little girl sat naked with a straight face on the bed.

Her face had no emotion
No love
No fright
And no happiness.

She didn't say one word.

Her face was so neutral that it was almost scary.

As BoBo was arrested the little girl kept her promise to keep her mouth shut.

Cynthia Freeman didn't talk for almost a year.
At all.
She would just sit, traumatized, all day everyday.

She never spoke to anyone.
She only ever opened her mouth to eat.

Her friend Jazmine didn't understand why she wouldn't talk to her.
She thought she was mad at her because she couldn't make it to her birthday party.

But that wasn't it.

After many many months of being completely silenced, Cindy spoke one day to her mother.
"What's for breakfast?" She asked happily as if nothing had ever happened.

And it was just like that, that Cindy was able to hide the memory and the sadness.

She had forgotten she was ever silenced
She had forgotten the terrible tragedy with BoBo.

All she remembered now is that clowns were scary, and she definitely didn't want to ever see another one again.

Realization washed over Cindy's face as more and more clowns surrounded her. She cried as they ripped her clothes off and pinned her down.
All before there was a beeping sound and everything went black.

Huey and Riley couldn't bare to see anymore go on.

"Man I want out this place!" Riley whispered, "This shit ain't funny."

The opened up Cindy's pod and her eyes burned as the light above her shocked her.

"Ow! What the he-" Riley clasped his hand over her mouth.
Riley kept her calm as Huey thoroughly explained their situation.

Her head hung a bit, "So y'all saw all that huh?" They only nodded and looked away.
Riley quickly changed the subject, "Here put some damn clothes on girl." He said throwing a suit at her.

Things were to only get better.
Hopefully.