Why

Although her face was bloody I could still see the beauty in it. I hate her for this, why would she do this to us.
She took a breath before painfully explaining her story.

"I'm so sorry to the both of you. When you were six and Riley was four your father left  town and never came back. I hadn't found out until later that he left to train, we were all struggling and he needed to bring in money; I was so hurt. All I kept repeating to myself was 'he could've told me' but the thing is, he couldn't have. He wasn't working for the regular armed forces, he took a job with a dangerous rebel scientific research company. They're bringing all out war to the government as a takeover. We would've been killed if he told us. But at the time I was young and confused, how am I supposed to take care of two kids by myself at 22 with no Highschool diploma? I could barely hold a job at McDonald's . We were living with my mom at the time. So one day I get home with you two and see a green envelope on the table. I quickly opened it as it was addressed to me. And it was the operator of the rival company. The government had set up rival forces against them and we're recruiting people with motives. Mine was revenge. So I sent you to live with Robert and when I was pronounced dead years later, you got an inheritance from the company to move you out so you would never have to deal with anything like this. I understand it was selfish of me but we needed the money.
I thought sending you away would keep you from our problems but it didn't because you inherited things from your dad.
Soon I ranked up and was the Vice President of the operation, I was really good at strategy and I could hold my position down. As Vice President they sent me on my final quest this would help me to inherit the company and control the operation from this point on. I was to finish my motive.
I was flown to Jamaica to kill your father, but he had these weird telekinetic powers and I believed I couldn't do it.  He was very strong but I was an even better fighter, I ended up blacking out and snapping his neck." We didn't stop at one point to interrupt her but listened angrily as she spoke.
"I didn't listen to his story when he told it to me. I acted out of anger and I thought u could get somebody who's been through the hardships I went through to do the same and be my successor. So I took Jazmine after several months of watching over you. I wasn't going to have her kill you though, I just needed to see if she would actually do it, people are motivated by pain. I know I've been a terrible mother but I truly love the both of you. Eventually we were going to make clones of everyone and make the world a better place. Where there's only peace and justice." She finished.
I cleared my throat and sat up to leave. "Wait! Huey don't leave me here! My leg! Please come back! Riley!?" She called out for our help. I turned and never looked back. "Huey aren't you going to go get her?" Jazmine asked, I shook my head no. "She can get out on her own." Riley said lowly.

She looked worried but I felt good honestly, now I could go home with the love of my life. We kissed as we left the building. And it was something I would treasure.

We looked back at the building and it made us shudder at the haunting memories.