04

01:10.

if it hadn't have been for the large amounts of alcohol roma had consumed, the touches to her cheeks and face as he made sure that, yes, she was okay and, no, the strange boy hadn't hurt her, would have been significant. the heavy, warm weight of his hand upon her waist would have produced a flushed and heated reaction, had she not only been entirely grateful for the extra and much-needed support of a more able body, other than her own.

outside--at least, where they were right at that moment--was at ease with silence. desolate. the club was behind them now, its pounding music a dim and distant feature of her night.

they'd been running, she knew that, and she panicked as she thought of mia and luke and, she didn't know, maybe they were worried about her and her whereabouts. as she allowed herself to think it through, most likely, both of them had simply snuck off together, their main interests consisting of one and another. rather than roma.

all she could retain to memory were the feverish touches; on her body, all over her skin, sweaty, rough and unwelcome hands roaming her entirety. she faintly recollected the taste of liquor on someone else's lips as they attacked her own in a frenzied and rushed movement, their calloused mouth travelling to every part of her that they could grab a hold of, leaving her vulnerable.

until, in a blur of thumping heart beats and quickened actions, he was on the floor and the lights were flashing and baekhyun, whose presence she was quickly reminded of as he squeezed her hand gently, was yanking her away from the crowd, promising her that everything was going to be okay and that he was there.

but now, they were here, walking, with his support, down the cobbled street, the lack of cars and the ominously empty corner-stores giving her chills and making her think of how crazy and unreliable and stupid she was.

stupid girl.

baekhyun seemed to know exactly where he was going, striding with a purpose but still with a caring nature as he allowed her to lean against him slightly. she wanted to ask; she didn't know what but she just wanted either one of them to speak. she found that her throat was too dry and her mind too exhausted for articulation.

roma didn't recognise the endless shops and small cafés as they hurried past. she paused in thought momentarily, thinking that this wasn't right.

what was she doing? wandering around an unknown part of town with someone who she'd only met yesterday.

roma glanced sideways. she took note of the sharp point of his jaw and the strands of dark hair fluttered by the wind, obscuring the focus of his eyes.

speak.

"baekhyun, i--"

"shh, it's okay," he interrupted, gripping her shivering skin, bringing her in closer. embracing her in his comforting hold. perhaps she'd sounded more distressed than she'd meant to come across.

tight, black material of her dress clung to her; constrained her and coveted her in heat and discomfort. in contrast, his hand was, not cool, but comfortably warm. his strong grip alluded to roma that maybe he cared. about her. why should he, though? he hardly knew her. she hardly knew him.

god. she was exhausted.

"where are we going?"

roma wasn't scared, by definition. she was merely on the verge of collapsing beneath her own weight and in desperate need of a glass of water and somewhere to sit down.

"don't worry," he mumbled, stating plainly.

she wasn't worrying. and, perhaps, she should have been. despite this, she couldn't summon up the courage or voice to resonate how okay she was with everything.