36

10:36.

around some time when the sun began to pour in decadently, and when baekhyun had drawn the blinds, the light expanding the kitchen, the others began to wake up. slowly, but surely, the old floorboards creaked beneath the weight of the movements upstairs, their heavy footsteps uttering a message of reality.

tearing roma from her dream-like state.

her chest felt full and warm.

the sun beamed strongly, filling the room--every room, every available inch of the house--and reflecting upon roma's glowing insides. over-encompassing, just like the feel of his skin and the beautiful, gorgeous, blinding smile that was currently displayed upon his plump lips. roma was scared, in a good way, about how much of a hold he had on her.

fingers and hearts entwined, they were sat, her exhaustion overcome by the weight lifted from her, of his explanation and assurances. his finger stroked her skin slowly, forming a trail of warmth, one that mirrored the sun's pleasant, morning path. along her forearm and across her indigo veins.

she shivered.

roma didn't want to let go of his hand, and the repletion of their admissions and confessions filled a hole in her chest, and she felt warm and fuzzy, in a good and fulfilled way. baekhyun's smile was plastered across her mind, and she didn't want to ever get rid of the image.

worries had all but dissipated.

she sighed. heavily and happily.

"the others will be up now," baekhyun said quietly, his lips pulling up at the corners.

he was so fucking beautiful. even through the bruises and cuts, and scrapes and marks, and the sag of his exhausted eyelids, and the creases to his worn-out skin; he was beyond beauty. everything that she wasn't.

"hey," baekhyun smiled, nudging her foot under the table. in her trance, she'd forgotten to reply. "are you okay, love?"

roma beamed, pushing her hair back from her face.

sudden rush of memories. touches and smiles and awkward exchanges. it was odd, to be where they were now, in this weird house, a place she wanted to enquire into later. the walls seemed paper-thin, ready to crack under the pressure at any given moment, but she felt safe and happy.

"yeah," she answered simply, reluctantly withdrawing her quivering hand from his secure hold, as the heavy sound of steps increased in audit.

the sky shone a bright turquoise.

kai came down first, pushing the door open tentatively. again, roma was reminded of the weird scenario that they were all in. a mess of unruly hair and sleepy eyes tumbled into the kitchen; perhaps, in his sleep-deprived state, kai had forgotten the possibility of the two of them still being here. he casually scratched his chest, squeezing his eyes.

his presence punctured the replete silence with an air of uncertainty and slight intrusion. he was shirtless, his pair of glasses perched on the end of his nose, his tanned skin brighter in the daylight, each carved muscle defined.

roma blushed, only because she felt embarrassed of her situation, and kai's gaze had zeroed in on her, half in recognition but also half in confusion and accusation. a sudden thought hit her, as she wondered whether kai knew about everything that had occurred; baekhyun showing roma, and discussing his power with her.

flash of images and memories.

the kitchen seemed less empty.

"morning," he muttered, easing into what was becoming a somewhat uncomfortable atmosphere.