11

01:19.

anger; fury. it racked through his body, down his spine, made his head ache as his breath shook.

it was a bad idea. it would only make things worse. it wouldn't help anything.

he knew that.

baekhyun could see him, standing at the bar, finishing his drink, placing it down onto the counter. he observed from afar, witnessed him do up one of the buttons on his shirt, wipe the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, rake his fingers through his hair.

baekhyun's heart thrashed against his chest.

poised, ready to pounce, one hand gripping the wall, the anticipation brimming up inside of him, observing his actions with the dim lights overhanging the inside of the bleak bar.

jack turned on his heel, heading towards the exit; pulled on his jacket, opened the door. baekhyun removed himself from any line of vision, preparing himself, head resting against the corner of the brick wall.

hard breaths.

the door of the run-down, old diner swung open. baekhyun heard jack's footsteps, loud and poignant in the middle of the night. jack had stopped, hands cupped over his mouth as baekhyun assumed he was lighting a cigarette.

he remembered the way he'd touched her; remembered the way he forced her up against the wall, head resting against her neck, marking her. anger re-ignited. fists clenched into tight balls, his body pushing him forward.

from behind, baekhyun grabbed him roughly by the collar, clamping his mouth shut with his hand, dragging him backwards towards the alleyway. strong arms prevented him from thrashing as baekhyun hauled him out of sight, throwing him to the concrete floor, ignoring the light that had just burned out.

it was dark, so dark, but baekhyun didn't care; didn't think too much about how he couldn't control himself anymore. all he thought about was how no-one could hurt her and get away with it. it was his responsibility. the lights and the darkness and everything.

he needed her.

"you don't get to touch her ever again," baekhyun spat, seething, pausing in between each word to kick him, hard, his boots pummelling his writhing form.

jack wasn't retaliating, curled in a ball, clutching his stomach. baekhyun didn't feel guilt, jack's pathetic whimpers and mumbles only fuelling his rage.

"are we understood?" baekhyun demanded, bending down and picking jack up, only to slam him against the wall. shattering. breaking him.

baekhyun was about to speak, mouth agape, but a sudden surge of force and jack had lunged at him, grabbing his shoulders roughly.

his jaw shook, taking the punch from jack. he tried to push him off, struggled, jack's larger body mass directing him to the other side of the alley, continuing to hit him at any opportunity. metallic taste of blood erupted in his mouth.

the lights. it was so dark. baekhyun fought against him, shoving, managing to have him nailed up against the other wall again, observing his pained expression with a look of dismissal.

"are we understood?" baekhyun repeated, his rigid jaw straining from the speech.

jack didn't reply. baekhyun clenched his fist, punched him square in the jaw, blood trickling from in between jack's lips as he groaned louder.