09

14:14.

roma brought her dainty fingers up to her lips, his touch still lingering, burning.

the half-open window fluttered the curtains; fluttered the pages of her books, spread out across her bedspread along with her pens and pencils and pads of paper.

her high-waisted shorts sat comfortably over her waist, her sex pistols t-shirt rising up to expose the pale skin. long hair had been plaited over one shoulder into a french braid. strong scent of coffee and perfumed candles filtered through to her small, bare bedroom.

broad daylight simmered in through the window, casting shadows of light and giving roma that welcome and reposed feeling within her chest. allowed her to just breathe.

she sipped on her warm drink. twirled a finger through her plait. contemplated on whether to open the window a bit wider. sieved through her endless sheets of paper.

a few knocks had sounded at the door. gentle but assertive.

roma's first rational thought was that it was mia, only just returning home from her night-life activities. probably about to stumble in through the doorway, shoes in hand, hair a mess. roma also knew that, if it was mia, the door would have been barged open by now and she would be in roma's room, complaining about how attractive luke was.

so, with a heavy heart, roma got up from her reclined position and headed towards the front door, feet treading carefully over the floorboards.

her arm reached out to open it, the sunlight pouring in, only to find a beautiful boy with straggled hair and a breath-taking smile.

her mouth formed a small, round 'o' shape, her breath halting.

"hi," she managed to breathe out, her voice rasping.

"hey, there," baekhyun replied, chuckling.

god, his smile was so warming, so deep and soft.

a small, grey t-shirt exposed his bare, muscular arms, skin shining in the bright sunlight. motorcycle boots had been replaced by a tattered pair of converse, his ripped jeans adding to his casual and contrasting look. within his grasp he held a small, brown paper bag.

"can i come in?" he asked, chuckling, again. his smile so bright and warm that she swore it was bigger than the sun itself.

roma, of course, didn't answer. her cheeks flushed as she awkwardly held the door open for him, bowing her head as he carefully stepped through the doorway. she suddenly became aware and conscious of her bare legs and arms, instinctively crossing them against her chest.

baekhyun dumped the crumpled bag down onto the kitchen counter, turning around the face her.

"i bought lunch," he beamed, glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. "i know it's a bit late, though."

roma knew she must've looked strange, shocked, maybe. she wasn't answering, just hopping from one foot to another as she bit her lip nervously, averting eye contact.

baekhyun's beaming expression faded ever-so slightly at the sight of roma's apprehension.

"sorry," baekhyun suddenly said, "i didn't mean to barge in on you or anything. i can go if you want."

he smiled sheepishly. shrugged his shoulders. began to pick up his stuff and step forward, looking a bit unsure.

"n-no," roma stuttered, bringing her hands up to stop him from moving further.